The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

It's cool how ZOS knew to set ESO so far back in the second era as to not run into Tiber Septim

DirtyDeeds765
DirtyDeeds765
✭✭✭✭
It's cool how ZOS knew to set ESO so far back in the second era as to not run into Tiber Septim's reign and disturb the lore and our immersion.

ESO starts in 2E 582. As of August 10, 2023, its 2E 620 (according to UESP's ESO clock and calendar). Roughly 38 elder scrolls years have passed since the game released 9 real years ago.

Tiber Septim's reign came started roughly 2E 854.

Tiber Septim's reign won't start for another 54 real years.

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The UESP's calendar doesn't have any real connection to ESO gameplay. Actually, as hard as it is to believe, all the events of ESO happen in the same year.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The UESP's calendar doesn't have any real connection to ESO gameplay. Actually, as hard as it is to believe, all the events of ESO happen in the same year.

"May you live in interesting times"
  • Eporem
    Eporem
    ✭✭✭
    Sotha Sil mentions the progression of Time is Linear....does his Clockwork City show what he means by this?

ixlX4VQ.jpg

Edited by Eporem on August 11, 2023 10:02PM
  • Aka_
    Aka_
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This still has to be the wildest piece of lore in the whole of ESO. I mean, could you imagine how messed up society, history, social structures, and trust in religion or the loss in future hope these events would all bring if they happened in a YEAR? Plus, certain aspects like the alliance war peace talks make no sense when you think about all the war crimes that occur in the same year. I get why they did it, but I also think it's absolutely absurd, to say the least.
  • Legoless
    Legoless
    ✭✭✭✭
    Multiple Daedric invasions in the one year is a bit much. My headcanon is 2E 591.
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »

"May you live in interesting times"

Dragons, in your homeland!