Official Discussion Thread, "Opt Into The Elder Scrolls Online's Mailers, Receive This Free Pet"

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
96bzsod7y2ur.jpg
This is the official discussion thread for, "Opt Into The Elder Scrolls Online's Mailers You'll Receive This Free Pet"

"Verify your account and sign up for ESO marketing emails to receive the fiery Infernium Dwarven Spiderling pet as a free reward."
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on August 24, 2023 6:29PM
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • nebula3832
    nebula3832
    ✭✭✭
    Do you still get pet if you are already signed up? I logged in to my account my email is already verified and marketing is enabled went to redeem code nothing there and nothing in my emails
    Im xbox na
    Options
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nebula3832 wrote: »
    Do you still get pet if you are already signed up? I logged in to my account my email is already verified and marketing is enabled went to redeem code nothing there and nothing in my emails
    Im xbox na

Same here.
    @ZOS_Kevin do we need to un-subscribe and re-subscribe in order to get credit for this promotion, or is the system smart enough to know that we were already previously subscribed in the first place?
    Thank you for any clarification, in advance.
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
    Options
  • HansK
    HansK
    ✭✭✭
    Hi @ZOS_Kevin, am I right that this is not a new pet but the same pet as have been given in earlier mail opt-in promotions? Looks like it is already in my collection.
    Edited by HansK on August 9, 2023 8:48AM
    Options
  • Balastar
    Balastar
    ✭✭✭
    HansK wrote: »
    Hi @ZOS_Kevin, am I right that this is not a new pet but the same pet as have been given in earlier mail opt-in promotions? Looks like it is already in my collection.
    It is old pet. If you look the announcement in game it even says it has been available before.
    EU/PC trading guild:
    Traders of the Covenant - Grahtwood - Elden Root - To join, contact ingame @Balastar
    Options
  • TiaguX84
    TiaguX84
    Soul Shriven

Hello, I completed the process correctly but I did not receive any key to activate in my account.
    Does it take hours or days or longer to receive the code?
    Options
  • Calastir
    Calastir
    ✭✭✭
    TiaguX84 wrote: »
    Hello, I completed the process correctly but I did not receive any key to activate in my account.
    I expect the email with the code for participants to arrive sometime on Monday, August 21, 2023.
    "Once you have verified your account and opted in to receive marketing mailers by Monday, August 21, 2023, you will receive your free pet code via email."

Edit: follow-up message posted below:
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    If you are subscribed, you will get the pet. Pet granting may take some time, but everyone who signs up should get the pet by Aug. 25.
    Edited by Calastir on August 10, 2023 8:50AM
    Chaszmyr Do'Benrae (Dunmer Magsorc Vampire Infinity) ~ Dusk Doublespeak (Breton Magplar Werewolf) ~ Stan of Rimari (Nord Dragonknight Tank) ~ Bunto Kim Alhambra (Redguard Magplar Paladin) ~ Alicyankali (Argonian Magicka Necromancer Draugr Kin) ~ Gruuman Odinfan (Orsimer Magplar) ~ Boymans van Beuningen (Khajiit Stam Warden Bowzerker) ~ Flannelflail (Imperial Stamina Nightblade Brawler PVP) ~ Calastir (Altmer Stamina Dragonknight) ~ Sallystir (Bosmer Stam Warden Frostbite PVP) ~ Zalastir (Altmer Magicka Warden Ice Storm) ~ Capt Peach (Nord Stamcanist Crux Cannon) ~ PC EU ~ since May 26th, 2021.
    Options
  • TiaguX84
    TiaguX84
    Soul Shriven
    Calastir wrote: »
    I expect the email with the code for participants to arrive sometime on Monday, August 21, 2023.
    "Once you have verified your account and opted in to receive marketing mailers by Monday, August 21, 2023, you will receive your free pet code via email."

I apologize, as English is not my main language and when I saw the dates I was under the impression that the code would be delivered after doing the process, here in my country the dates start with the day and then the month, hence also my confusion, but yes the information is all there.
    Options
  • Trancejet
    Trancejet
    I've followed all directions, having waited hours and can't get the letter.
    Options
  • haelgaan
    haelgaan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    how about you give away the perk to your loyal customers that already paid you for the game, instead of trying to force email spam on us?
    Options
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    nebula3832 wrote: »
    Im xbox na

Yes, you will still get the pet. No need to unsub and resub. If you are subscribed, you will get the pet. Pet granting may take some time, but everyone who signs up should get the pet by Aug. 25.
    Edited by ZOS_Kevin on August 10, 2023 4:39AM
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager

Just flagged this in the message above, but everyone should get their pets granted by Aug 25.
    Options
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    haelgaan wrote: »
    how about you give away the perk to your loyal customers that already paid you for the game, instead of trying to force email spam on us?

The intent is not to force spam. We used this to inform of some upcoming promotions and to issue player feedback surveys. However, if you view this as spam, you do not have to opt in. Simply a choice for you to make.

Regarding loyalty perks, there have been some discussions, but we will pass this feedback asking for rewards on to the parties that work on these initiatives.
    Options
    Staff Post
  • nebula3832
    nebula3832
    ✭✭✭
    Owesome thank you for reply
    Much appreciated
    Options
  • BloodyStigmata
    BloodyStigmata
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been opted in since the last time this spider was given away for opting in so I already have it :D

I'll take one of those bantam guar I don't have yet though if that's option.
    Owner and proprietor of the Northern Elsweyr Guar Reserve and The Hunting Grounds Guar Reserve, Tamriel's home to all things guar.
    See the embedded brochures for all information regarding our reserves, as well as our collection status!
    Options
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »

Just flagged this in the message above, but everyone should get their pets granted by Aug 25.

It appears that this process has started. I was already subscribed, and received the code to redeem this morning.
    Options
  • Calastir
    Calastir
    ✭✭✭
    It appears that this process has started. I was already subscribed, and received the code to redeem this morning.
    Me too, I just received the mail with the code as well and redeemed the pet. No problem, got it in game immediately.
    Edited by Calastir on August 10, 2023 4:35PM
    Chaszmyr Do'Benrae (Dunmer Magsorc Vampire Infinity) ~ Dusk Doublespeak (Breton Magplar Werewolf) ~ Stan of Rimari (Nord Dragonknight Tank) ~ Bunto Kim Alhambra (Redguard Magplar Paladin) ~ Alicyankali (Argonian Magicka Necromancer Draugr Kin) ~ Gruuman Odinfan (Orsimer Magplar) ~ Boymans van Beuningen (Khajiit Stam Warden Bowzerker) ~ Flannelflail (Imperial Stamina Nightblade Brawler PVP) ~ Calastir (Altmer Stamina Dragonknight) ~ Sallystir (Bosmer Stam Warden Frostbite PVP) ~ Zalastir (Altmer Magicka Warden Ice Storm) ~ Capt Peach (Nord Stamcanist Crux Cannon) ~ PC EU ~ since May 26th, 2021.
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i did get the email with the pet code, however i already own the pet, so i guess i have a pet key available lol

i think this is one of the first actual marketing promo emails ive gotten from zos in like a year lol

@ZOS_Kevin is there an expiry time on these keys, and would i be allowed to give it someone if i cant use it myself?
    Edited by Necrotech_Master on August 16, 2023 5:47PM
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • SithisKhajitiiLamae
    haelgaan wrote: »

Agreed.
    Options
  • jsjem
    jsjem
    ✭✭✭
    Still haven't get the email.
    Options
  • monkidb16_ESO
    monkidb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    jsjem wrote: »
    Still haven't get the email.

Me neither, but at this point I guess I'm used to thier promotional events not working.

Dont bother writing Custumer Support btw, they won't help you either.
    Options
  • baashdi_hobstocking
    baashdi_hobstocking
    Soul Shriven
    @ZOS_Kevin

"Opt In to The Elder Scrolls Online’s Mailers & You’ll Receive This Free Pet"
    i signed up well before the deadline. never got an email and its 9.5.23
    as far as i know my email is on file and correct. i get eso email there.

never got the email with the code for the free pet, the fiery Infernium Dwarven Spiderling.

same account name, same email for NA and EU.

is this a trouble ticket issue?

thank you.
    Edited by baashdi_hobstocking on September 5, 2023 4:29PM
    Options