The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Feedback on PvP in Cyrodiil

sayswhoto
sayswhoto
For what's it's worth, my feedback on PvP in Cyrodiil:
  1. The burst that drains all of my stamina (27 to 30k) is a bit too strong. I'm not sure how this is done, and I tried searching online and couldn't find any answers. I feel like this isn't supposed to happen, like some sort of bug.
  2. Lag or desync in general. Some examples:
    • I'm trying to line of sight an opponent only to get hit by an incap out of melee range and behind a tree.
    • Conversely, my incap fails to go off because the person is apparently already dead.
    • Stun break frees feel too delayed. I know about the Arcanist stun issue, but this is a variety of stuns. With the delay time, it's usually too late and a series of follow up burst kills me. I can usually deal with one stun+burst, but a stream of high damage attacks is unrecoverable.
    • Sometimes abilities seem like they do not register. This might be due to the order the server receives information, but it feels very clunky to be spamming my defensive ultimate and not having it do anything and just die to burst.
    • Noise stuttering/skipping during larger scale fights.
  3. As a Nightblade (and probably many other classes), Barlorgh is way too instrumental. Until I can get the mosnter set, I don't think I can create a build that gives the needed weapon damage and armor penetration without significant compromises.
  4. Ending with something positive. Although the tank/burst meta gets criticized, it does lead to some interesting back and forth in terms of playing offense and defense.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    im not sure what would cause you to drop all of your stamina, the main way you would eat your stamina is blocking + casting stamina skills (blocking kills stamina regen and costs stamina up to every 0.25 sec, using stam skills on top drains it faster)

for number 2, yeah thats always been there, though its worse in certain campaigns, or when ball groups are nearby

for 3, my NB uses sellistrix for the stun, but im also not set up as a ganker and it would certainly not be considered meta, but i like it lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • sayswhoto
    sayswhoto
    im not sure what would cause you to drop all of your stamina, the main way you would eat your stamina is blocking + casting stamina skills (blocking kills stamina regen and costs stamina up to every 0.25 sec, using stam skills on top drains it faster)

I thought I was just being careless about stamina, but it has happened to me a few times. It's not common though. I've searched some prior posts on this and no one had reached anything definitive on what it is or how it happens.

For the monster sets, I might wait to see what the golden vendor has or try some PVE again.

Options
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    sayswhoto wrote: »

I thought I was just being careless about stamina, but it has happened to me a few times. It's not common though. I've searched some prior posts on this and no one had reached anything definitive on what it is or how it happens.

For the monster sets, I might wait to see what the golden vendor has or try some PVE again.

Are you sure you are not holding block? On PC it can be easy to inadvertently hold down the right mouse button to block.

Either way, good luck figuring it out.
    Options
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For what's it's worth, my feedback on PvP in Cyrodiil:
    1. The burst that drains all of my stamina (27 to 30k) is a bit too strong. I'm not sure how this is done, and I tried searching online and couldn't find any answers. I feel like this isn't supposed to happen, like some sort of bug.
    2. Lag or desync in general. Some examples:
      • I'm trying to line of sight an opponent only to get hit by an incap out of melee range and behind a tree.
      • Conversely, my incap fails to go off because the person is apparently already dead.
      • Stun break frees feel too delayed. I know about the Arcanist stun issue, but this is a variety of stuns. With the delay time, it's usually too late and a series of follow up burst kills me. I can usually deal with one stun+burst, but a stream of high damage attacks is unrecoverable.
      • Sometimes abilities seem like they do not register. This might be due to the order the server receives information, but it feels very clunky to be spamming my defensive ultimate and not having it do anything and just die to burst.
      • Noise stuttering/skipping during larger scale fights.
    3. As a Nightblade (and probably many other classes), Barlorgh is way too instrumental. Until I can get the mosnter set, I don't think I can create a build that gives the needed weapon damage and armor penetration without significant compromises.
    4. Ending with something positive. Although the tank/burst meta gets criticized, it does lead to some interesting back and forth in terms of playing offense and defense.

You don't need Balorg, just use weakness to elements back bar or mark target since you're a Nightblade.
    Options
  • JerBearESO
    JerBearESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    For the stam loss thing, I believe in cases with some latency, when you die it can drop all your resources to 0 visually before your character actually dies. You have basically died server side but it hasn't fully registered on your client yet, but your resources do go bye bye for some reason. This happens to me all the time, I need better internet.....
    Options
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »

Are you sure you are not holding block? On PC it can be easy to inadvertently hold down the right mouse button to block.

Not the person you're replying to, but it could be the return of Sprint Bug, where the game thinks you're sprinting even though you're not and continues to drain your stamina as you move.
    JerBearESO wrote: »
    For the stam loss thing, I believe in cases with some latency, when you die it can drop all your resources to 0 visually before your character actually dies. You have basically died server side but it hasn't fully registered on your client yet, but your resources do go bye bye for some reason. This happens to me all the time, I need better internet.....

Could also be this, as Desync seems to be more common this patch.
    Edited by CameraBeardThePirate on August 9, 2023 1:07PM
    Options
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »

Not the person you're replying to, but it could be the return of Sprint Bug, where the game thinks you're sprinting even though you're not and continues to drain your stamina as you move.

Wasn't that fairly widespread? It seems the OP's experience is fairly localized to them.

Options
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If it's the stamina drain I've only seen a couple times; it drops way faster than sprint cost. Looks like your Stan is green liquid being dumped out of a bottle. Doesn't happen often.
    Options
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's the stamina drain I've only seen a couple times; it drops way faster than sprint cost. Looks like your Stan is green liquid being dumped out of a bottle. Doesn't happen often.

I had this exact thing happen last night fighting some EP at Glade mine. I had >90% stamina when I got stunned and couldn't break free because I suddenly had zero stamina. I chalked it up to resource poisons but it kept bothering me, as in my experience stam poisons don't drain your stamina, but rather cause it to drain faster when you're using stam abilities. Is there maybe a set that does this?
    Options
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Marcus684 wrote: »

I had this exact thing happen last night fighting some EP at Glade mine. I had >90% stamina when I got stunned and couldn't break free because I suddenly had zero stamina. I chalked it up to resource poisons but it kept bothering me, as in my experience stam poisons don't drain your stamina, but rather cause it to drain faster when you're using stam abilities. Is there maybe a set that does this?

AFAIK, no. There's a set that can tank your recoveries though - Enervating Aura, although it's somewhat difficult to use with a pretty small radius and a telegraphed delay on the proc
    Edited by CameraBeardThePirate on August 9, 2023 4:47PM
    Options