The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Please revert Tales of Tribute rewards back to the way there were

Sirona_Starr
Sirona_Starr
✭✭✭✭✭
It's not like Tales of Tribute is hugely popular. The one main attraction was good rewards, including transmute stones. At some point in the past month the rewards turned into junk, really, and transmutes are few and far between.

Can someone explain the logic for the decision to NERF ToT rewards? There isn't much reason to play it anymore - for what? another of a gazillion style pages or banners?

Thank you :)
Edited by ZOS_Volpe on August 2, 2023 4:27PM
  • ZOS_Volpe
    ZOS_Volpe
    admin
    Hello there!

We've gone ahead and moved this thread to a category we think is more suitable for this topic, Tale of tribute.

Thanks for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
  • NeuroticPixels
    NeuroticPixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ew. The rewards got nerfed???? What the heck is the point of the game anymore then?? I haven’t played ToT in several months (maybe a year) but was going to work on getting the decks I’m missing.

But not if there’s zero reward for playing. 🤮
    Check out the ReShade I made: Crispy Sharpness
    Options
  • AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You still get rewards but the content initially was quite nice. I had some nice furniture blueprint or motif drops. Now we get spammed with the pelin motifs that I now just destroy. So yes the rewards got immensly nerfed. The major motivation for ppl to actually play this game that has still so huge flaws in game design that it is no longer really popular.
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ew. The rewards got nerfed???? What the heck is the point of the game anymore then?? I haven’t played ToT in several months (maybe a year) but was going to work on getting the decks I’m missing.

they did adjust the coffers about 1-2 months after tribute came out

the actual drops from the coffers feels about the same, they just adjusted it per-quality, so green boxes from the NPCs definitely drop transmutes less, but i still fairly regularly get it from the purple box on the npc daily

the other drops seem to be the same quantities though (materials and gold)
    • defeat coffer (white) usually only has gold, and 2 mat stacks
    • green coffer is gold, 2 mat stacks, 1 other random item (can vary between mats or junk treasure vendor food items) with a small chance for a 5th bonus item (includes transmutes, blueprints, style pages, etc)
    • blue coffer is same as green, except it gives a bit more gold and higher chance for the bonus item
    • purple coffer same except a bit more gold and higher chance for the bonus item
    • gold coffer same except a bit more gold and highest chance for the bonus item

i still play tribute because its far easier to get furnishing mats from the reward boxes than most sources, i certainly dont need the transmutes as much (75% of the time the transmutes i get from tribute go into the void because im already capped and "loot all" from the container doesnt stop you from looting the transmutes)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The recipes and furnishing plans are tiring. More Dragon Rheum and Mundane Runes please.
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More furnishing plans and Furnishing mats! Housing is so expensive.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on August 2, 2023 6:07PM
    Options
  • AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see as many motifs like after ToT release and more different furnishing plans that are a bit beyond basic game.

They could reduce Pelin motifs and above all the spam of ToT paintings. Both swamp my bank account like hell.
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see as many motifs like after ToT release and more different furnishing plans that are a bit beyond basic game.

They could reduce Pelin motifs and above all the spam of ToT paintings. Both swamp my bank account like hell.

you could sell those if you have extras, they are not bound

i frequently give away the paintings to friends who do more house decorating than i do (though i have like 70ish undecorated houses lol)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    though i have like 70ish undecorated houses lol

Glad I'm not the only one! I have nearly every house in the game on my main server, yet there are only two or three small ones that I've tried to actually decorate. I keep telling myself "One day," but that day hasn't come yet.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
    Options
  • ESO_player123
    ESO_player123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    More furnishing plans and Furnishing mats! Housing is so expensive.

Yes, yes, please.
    Options
  • Sirona_Starr
    Sirona_Starr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

they did adjust the coffers about 1-2 months after tribute came out

the actual drops from the coffers feels about the same, they just adjusted it per-quality, so green boxes from the NPCs definitely drop transmutes less, but i still fairly regularly get it from the purple box on the npc daily

the other drops seem to be the same quantities though (materials and gold)
    • defeat coffer (white) usually only has gold, and 2 mat stacks
    • green coffer is gold, 2 mat stacks, 1 other random item (can vary between mats or junk treasure vendor food items) with a small chance for a 5th bonus item (includes transmutes, blueprints, style pages, etc)
    • blue coffer is same as green, except it gives a bit more gold and higher chance for the bonus item
    • purple coffer same except a bit more gold and higher chance for the bonus item
    • gold coffer same except a bit more gold and highest chance for the bonus item

i still play tribute because its far easier to get furnishing mats from the reward boxes than most sources, i certainly dont need the transmutes as much (75% of the time the transmutes i get from tribute go into the void because im already capped and "loot all" from the container doesnt stop you from looting the transmutes)

Transmute drops have fallen off immensely. I'm lucky if I get 5 crystals a week. Used to get quadruple that at least.
    Options