The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Impen trait is worthless?????

DUTCH_REAPER
DUTCH_REAPER
✭✭✭✭✭
In Greyhost, wearing 7 body pieces of impen and I have taken 9k shalks and recently took a 20k assassins will. I am completely clueless how that is even possible.
My armor rating is 27k spell and phys. A 2H ult was not used against me nor was the assailant a DK using corrosive. So how do those numbers appear with 7 pieces of gold impenetrable gear?
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In Greyhost, wearing 7 body pieces of impen and I have taken 9k shalks and recently took a 20k assassins will. I am completely clueless how that is even possible.
    My armor rating is 27k spell and phys. A 2H ult was not used against me nor was the assailant a DK using corrosive. So how do those numbers appear with 7 pieces of gold impenetrable gear?

Because assassins will has been over performing for a very long time and and is way over tuned compared to other class burst abilities
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But it is not just ass will. It’s shalks as well. These numbers from crit abilities is not being negated by impen it seems?
  • Lebkuchen
    Lebkuchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because some players stack crit damage
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    7 impen honestly isn't that much. Don't get me wrong it's a decent amount, but you could just use 0 impen, run rallying cry, and have more.

Maybe look into getting more from CP?

But for the most part it just is what it is. Nightblades hitting huge numbers with crits isn't weird at all, impen or not. And wardens have decent crit damage passives too if they have a lot of animal companion abilities slotted and they put minor brittle on you.
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I aim for 2500 without rally and 3000 ish with rally, rally bonus is ypi can run well fitted or what ever and still hit 3k inpen which is roughly 45% crit reduction. The problem comes that like its been said above some nbs have 100-125% crit modifiers so that 45% means they will still hit you pretty hard.
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting. Thank you all for the feedback
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nightblades, Arcanists, and Wardens can all reach crit cap really easily, so even with 7 impen they'll still likely be hitting you for 100% crit damage.

On top of that, a lot of it doesn't even really have to do with crit damage - just raw damage. For example, Nightblades currently have access to an unnamed 10% damage buff (for some crazy reason).
  • Janni
    Janni
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I play a warden and I lean really heavily into crits now. Usually I'm sitting around 40-60% crit chance with 80-90% bonus damage from crit. I've pretty much been running daggers since the end of the first MyM and I suspect a lot of others have been too since they are getting a bit of a nerf this patch,
  • NotTaylorSwift
    NotTaylorSwift
    ✭✭✭✭
    Your resists are only 27k and you didn't block.
  • Oblivion_Protocol
    Oblivion_Protocol
    ✭✭✭✭
    The point of Impen is to help you survive a little longer against gankers. That’s it. 7 pieces of gold impen gear doesn’t give you much in the long run, and most classes can burst right through it.