The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

zeal of zenithar event 2023

tincanman
tincanman
✭✭✭✭✭
Don't bother.

~1/100th of the reward potential from last year with nerf to craft dailies and master writs
drop-rates for event styles seem locked to 1/day/account
heavily incentivised to buy tickets from crown store to complete styles for those interested in them (ironic: gift tickets for 'free' crates...).

etc

Waste of time.

[edited for trolling]
Edited by ZOS_Icy on July 29, 2023 4:31PM
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Awww... I was expecting a serious post where I could reply with 'Don't bother, waste of time.' :(
    Options
  • OnnuK
    OnnuK
    ✭✭✭
    And they changed the rules without discussion/feedback. This event was the best of all for the ESO Crafters. Now just click-click-buy something worth10K from traders (70K for the duration of the event) get ticket & logout...

I am glad they did not touch master writs yet. May be next year 1 per day rule will also apply to that.

10% discount can also be nerfed, lets make it 1%...

my 2c

[UPDATE] my bad I confused with ESO+ duration 7 days... It is actually 13 days xD so it is 130k gold
    Edited by OnnuK on July 28, 2023 12:11PM
    PC/EU @onnuk, Guild: ANADOLU "|H1:guild:29269|hAnadolu|h"
    Options
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OnnuK wrote: »
    And they changed the rules without discussion/feedback. This event was the best of all for the ESO Crafters. Now just click-click-buy something worth10K from traders (70K for the duration of the event) get ticket & logout...

I am glad they did not touch master writs yet. May be next year 1 per day rule will also apply to that.

10% discount can also be nerfed, lets make it 1%...

my 2c

Actually, with the event having started yesterday and running through August 8th, the spend 10k at a trader adds up to 130k.
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
    Options
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm enjoying it so far. I don't have any great expectations for the event boxes, so whatever's in there is a bonus for me. In addition to that, the double inspiration gain is already helping my 7 new alt characters level up in crafting, it really makes a big difference and I'm very happy about that. :)
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
    Options
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm getting my tickets, one box from daily crafting, and 7 from master writs (may become 6 later on). I had a stash of master writs, although I wasnt saving them for this event, I just got behind. Otherwise I'm not making a lot of effort for this.
    Options
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I spent 10M yesterday on some houses that I've been putting off buying and did enough event activities to get tickets and a few extra boxes from crafting, but not much else so far. My guild of jaded vets doesn't seem very interested in grouping up for boxes so I'm taking advantage of the shorter queues for Cyrodiil to keep working towards that ever-elusive Grand Overlord title.
    Options
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    tincanman wrote: »
    Don't bother.

~1/100th of the reward potential from last year with nerf to craft dailies and master writs
    heavily incentivised to buy tickets from crown store to complete styles for those interested in them (ironic: gift tickets for 'free' crates...).

etc

Waste of time.

Could not agree more. Very well said.
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
    Options
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The reduced number of boxes doesn’t personally bother me, as soon as I get one new gold motif I start getting the old ones I already have.

One new style page per day is the artificial limit so I just do the minimum. Getting 1000 more boxes won’t change that.

There is some other good stuff in those boxes, but it’s not worth the tedious grind and the inventory-clogging other useless stuff.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

Options
  • RodneyRegis
    RodneyRegis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just annoyed cos I bought a load of militant ordinator motifs the night before.
    Options
  • Al_Ex_Andre
    Al_Ex_Andre
    ✭✭
    ~1/100th of the reward potential
    Also loot this year seem mostly low level cooking recipes, not housing recipes anymore.
    I still do the event, because I want my cooking recipes on my myriad of characters (being a completionnist), and there are the occasional epic companion gear which can be worth some gold if you are lucky on the affixes (I was not yet) plus some interesting crafting reagents...

Though all in all the first installment of the event was better imo (last year), like you could loot housing recipes majorly IIRC.
    Options
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't bother.

etc

Waste of time.

[edited for trolling]

Today I didn't even get the one style page...
    PS5/NA
    Options
  • ShadowPaladin
    ShadowPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since the start of the Event, I only got so far one of the new Style pages. Since its 16 pages in total, with only 13 days of the Event and with no guaranteed drop from the golden boxes, I won't be able to complete those two Styles. Only chance to complete it will be during the next Zeal of Zenithar-Event, when those two styles won't be anymore regarded as new, but *old* styles and therefore will drop without the *once per day only* limitation.

I guess that is the best thing you can do atm. Postpone the acquirement of *new* Styles during an Event to the same Event but one year later, when they will be the old Styles and drop without limitations, so that you can farm them :wink: .
    Edited by ShadowPaladin on July 29, 2023 1:22PM
    Options
  • Sepultura_13
    Sepultura_13
    ✭✭✭
    This event was tedious at best when it was introduced last year. I'm glad to see that there's no reason for me to participate in it this time around. Too busy with RL issues, so... /shrug
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't bother.

etc

Waste of time.

Me? I'm just here for the 1-per-day event tickets quest. They styles seem boring to me, so I am not invested in whether or not I get them, or miss them.

The restrictions on crafting rewards for an "honest work" event that has a focus that includes crafting seems a little counter intuitive, though. Thankfully, I gave up crafting, for the most part, a couple years ago.
    Edited by Elsonso on July 29, 2023 2:45PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Options
    Staff Post
  • tincanman
    tincanman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    Don't bother.

etc

Waste of time.

Me? I'm just here for the 1-per-day event tickets quest. They styles seem boring to me, so I am not invested in whether or not I get them, or miss them.

The restrictions on crafting rewards for an "honest work" event that has a focus that includes crafting seems a little counter intuitive, though. Thankfully, I gave up crafting, for the most part, a couple years ago.

That's fair enough and I'm not too fussed about the styles, either.

I usually skip many events other than to grab free xp/ap boosters but, after last year's zoz I was very much looking forward to this one. Just incredibly disappointing that they've gutted it in comparison to last year's.

Guess it's just another event to ignore going forward.
    Options