The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Bug: Visit a hist tree not working.

Sarannah
Sarannah
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
For Sharp-as-Night I have to visit a hist tree for one of his achievements. Not 100% sure if I need to do anything more than just visiting the hist tree with him by my side, but for some reason it does not complete the achievement for sharp-as-night. Tried both the hist tree in the Shadowfen main town, and the one in the north-western Murkmire town(dead-water village). Also tried talking to NPC's around the hist trees, but nothing worked.

Is this bugged or am I doing something wrong?... Thanks in advance for fixing this bug!
Edited by ZOS_Bill on July 26, 2023 8:21PM
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as far as im aware it only works with certain trees

like the one in root-whisper village in murkmire, or the "hatching pools" POI in shadowfen

i used the "hatching pools" and it popped instantly, and due to its close proximity to a wayshrine
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • PrinceShroob
    PrinceShroob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From what I could tell, only these Hist work: Ebonheart in Stonefalls, Bright-Throat village in Murkmire, and the Hatching Pools in Shadowfen.
    Options
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info, will try those tomorrow!!

But it is strange not all hist trees would work. By the way, how about the dying hist tree south-west of the hollow city in coldharbour? (was going to try that one, but my arcanist is not anywhere near that far into the main quest yet)
    Options
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So today I tried the hatching pools in shadowfen, and that worked! Thanks guys.

Hopefully they will make all hist trees work for this achievement.
    Options
  • PrinceShroob
    PrinceShroob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sarannah wrote: »
    But it is strange not all hist trees would work. By the way, how about the dying hist tree south-west of the hollow city in coldharbour? (was going to try that one, but my arcanist is not anywhere near that far into the main quest yet)

Screenshot_20230617_104457.png

I can confirm that the Hist in Haj Uxith in Coldharbour works to increase his rapport. I tried Dead-Water village and Root-Whisper village in Murkmire, but they didn't give any rapport increase (I tested them before going to Bright-Throat village yesterday, so he wasn't on cooldown).

My assumption is that it's just one Hist per zone. Shadowfen and Murkmire are the only zones with mutliple Hist trees.

Options
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    We are happy to hear back that the OP was able to complete this quest. Since the issue is now resolved, we are closing the thread to further posts.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.