The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Temporary pet wasp?

Aluluei
Aluluei
✭✭✭
On several occasions after fighting wasps I have found myself accompanied for a short time by a "Young Wasp." It acts like a pet: I can't attack it, it doesn't attack me, it just follows me around. However, unlike a pet, it despawns after a few minutes.

Has anyone else experienced this? I saw it once in beta, assumed it was a bug (heh) and reported it as such, but have had it occur three more times since release. Is it a bug? Is it an easter egg? Is it just me?
IRL: Elizabeth. AD: Aluluei, Eiledh, Yreshi, Zabetheli. DC: Lededje, Pilun, Safket-Abwy, Semley. EP: Ieulula, Tenarha, Tisaarwat, Veralia.
CP 2200+, playing since beta.
  • seanolan
    seanolan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yup. Usually when you attack a "swarming wasp" nest, you get this. It will either help you against other monsters for a few minutes while it follows you, or occasionally give you a "sting" for a tiny amount of damage. Either way, it goes away after a few minutes.
  • Aluluei
    Aluluei
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks, seanolan!

So, since I just killed its parents, the newly hatched wasp imprints on me as the only living creature around? Not sure if that's cute or creepy.
    IRL: Elizabeth. AD: Aluluei, Eiledh, Yreshi, Zabetheli. DC: Lededje, Pilun, Safket-Abwy, Semley. EP: Ieulula, Tenarha, Tisaarwat, Veralia.
    CP 2200+, playing since beta.
  • seanolan
    seanolan
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think that's essentially it. And I think the helpful/hostile behavior is random, so it either loves you or hates you for killing its parents...of course, wasps don't actually have parents as we think of it in real life, so maybe you just smell like a wasp after wading in wasp guts for a few moments... :)
  • RazzPitazz
    RazzPitazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought wasps ate whatever they were hatched on, which is usually a living host.
    PC NA
    VR1 - Jar'eed - Khajiit Dragon Knight - AD
    VR1 - Broad Tail - Argonian Templar - EP
    All-Star Crafter Guild
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you fight a yellow wasp, one of its attack moves is to lay an egg on you.
    If you kill the wasp before the egg hatches, the little wasp will think you're its mother and follow you until killed in battle.
    ;-)
  • Evelyn_Nightingale
    Evelyn_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭
    This confused me at first, but then I noticed once there were eggs on my back before this happened.

On another note, those wasp swarms catch me so off guard all the time. I'm all "la te da. Oh look, a wasp... Let's kill it. OH CRAP HE HAS FRIENDS! Stay aliiiiiive!"
    Ebonheart Pact :: Nord Dragon Knight :: Blacksmith