The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

I hate PvP Events and only do it because of the vouchers

AnduinTryggva
AnduinTryggva
✭✭✭✭✭
Typical situation:
I try to make ONE darn daily quest in imperial city to get that one voucher.

I start the quest then venture down. I pick some of the quest markers but not finished yet. What happens? I get killed by 3 dc guys that jump on me. As my alliance is CONSTANTLY outnumbered during my play time all sectors belong to either of the enemy alliances. I have now to return to a random sector.

I pick up the next quest and venture down, I pick some of the quest markers but not finished yet. What happens? I get killed by 3 dc guys that jump on me. As my alliance is CONSTANTLY outnumbered during my play time all sectors belong to either of the enemy alliances. I have now to return to a random sector.

I pick up the next quest and venture down, I pick some of the quest markers but not finished yet. What happens? I get killed by 3 dc guys that jump on me. As my alliance is CONSTANTLY outnumbered during my play time all sectors belong to either of the enemy alliances. I have now to return to a random sector.

I pick up the next quest and venture down, I pick some of the quest markers but not finished yet. What happens? I get killed by 3 dc guys that jump on me. As my alliance is CONSTANTLY outnumbered during my play time all sectors belong to either of the enemy alliances. I have now to return to a random sector which happens to be that where I left before and continue with the quest of that sector picked up earlier.

I venture down, I pick some of the quest markers but not finished yet. What happens? I get killed by 3 dc guys that jump on me. As my alliance is CONSTANTLY outnumbered during my play time all sectors belong to either of the enemy alliances. I have now to return to a random sector which happens to be that where I left before and continue with the quest,

and so on
and on
and on

Seriously? ZOS: Do you really believe this is some sort of fun?
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd advise changing tactics if repeating the current ones isn't working out for you. If your alliance is vastly outnumbered, go down into your base after respawn and go to the opposite side, or opposite of the flagged districts.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In Imperial City, you can do daily quest in the Arena District. For that quest, as long as you have a ranged weapon, you don't even need to jump down from you re-spawn point, as mobs that you need to kill in order for the quest to progress respawn near your location. Sure, it will take slightly longer, but at least it will be less toxic for you. Just stay in stealth and wait till the NPCs respawn and kill the mobs near them with ranged attacks.

Important note: Enemy players can still see you and may try to attack you, but it is kinda hard to target a player that is above you and you can always move near the "PvP immunity zone" that is near your respawn if things will go badly. Also, if you will be visible only for the duration of the attacks then it makes it harder for them. In general, PvP-ers tend to ignore you if they see that you are only attacking NPCs. But nothing here is guaranteed. During PvP event griefers will always look for an easy prey, so make sure you are making their job as hard as possible.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:The_Lifeblood_of_an_Empire

If you have more than one character, you can do this quest on multiple characters and just hand over the quest each day.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on June 29, 2023 4:59PM
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It goes both ways. I hate PvE events and only do them for the vouchers. In fact I hate PvE events so much that I usually do 1 quest and remember how dreadful they are, then I just buy event tickets off the crown store so I can get back to PvP and actually playing the game.
    PC NA
  • Shepoffire
    Shepoffire
    ✭✭✭
    Then just don't participate
  • Aka_
    Aka_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is genuinely all PvP players get to look forward to anymore. Please understand that the PVP community just wants updates and interesting things to look forward to. Dying is normal no matter how good you are. Get a group and get literally one quest done.
    Edited by Aka_ on June 29, 2023 7:24PM
  • Lazarus_Rising
    Lazarus_Rising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are way more pve events than pvp so for once you have to live with it.
    also known as Overlich.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aren't their extra added IC instances (maps)?
    Edited by geonsocal on June 29, 2023 9:10PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • HidesInPlainSight
    HidesInPlainSight
    ✭✭✭
    I hate pve dailies, I only do them because ZoS moved transmutes from PvP to PvE after the playerbase stopped doing their dailies.

We are going on 2 months of pvp without our transmutes. Im tired of having to do daily randoms where I am doing 90% of dmg, tanking, and self healing. Its literally charity at that point, with an upside of 10 transmute, that takes anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes

I literally had a random complain about going too fast, on the literal first mob in Fungal Grotto 2, the other day. I just left group and logged off.

I had to spam 5 randoms before I could pvp today, because i needed to transmute some weapons for a gank build today. I had to run a dlc dungeon 75+ times just to get the weapon I need to transmute. I was leading randoms through that DLC dungeon in under 10 minutes for what normally takes a pug group 30 minutes. It was the 2nd to last weapon I needed to complete that dungeons stickerbook. It was not fun.
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Next time, do the quests before the event starts in no-cp Imperial City at a low activity time or when your faction is dominant and then turn in one per day after the event starts.
  • Aislinna
    Aislinna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A search on Youtube.com of "ESO Midyear Mayhem" brings up quite a few videos from all types of content creators on how to get your event tickets without having to pvp.
  • Feaky
    Feaky
    ✭✭✭
    Typical situation:

I start the quest then venture down. I pick some of the quest markers but not finished yet. What happens? I get killed by 3 dc guys that jump on me. As my alliance is CONSTANTLY outnumbered during my play time all sectors belong to either of the enemy alliances. I have now to return to a random sector.

I pick up the next quest and venture down, I pick some of the quest markers but not finished yet. What happens? I get killed by 3 dc guys that jump on me. As my alliance is CONSTANTLY outnumbered during my play time all sectors belong to either of the enemy alliances. I have now to return to a random sector which happens to be that where I left before and continue with the quest of that sector picked up earlier.

I venture down, I pick some of the quest markers but not finished yet. What happens? I get killed by 3 dc guys that jump on me. As my alliance is CONSTANTLY outnumbered during my play time all sectors belong to either of the enemy alliances. I have now to return to a random sector which happens to be that where I left before and continue with the quest,

and so on
    and on
    and on

PVP campaigns are almost always pop locked during events, how are you always outnumbered?
    Edited by Feaky on June 30, 2023 4:05AM
  • Jazraena
    Jazraena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like PvP Events.

But really, give us 3 tickets of -any- PvP Quest of our choice.

Trying to lure people into IC with tickets instead of fixing the fundamental issues of why no-one wants to go there and why it's dead content is just annoying.
  • BlakMarket
    BlakMarket
    ✭✭✭✭
    I used to love PVE events until I had my first PVP event (MYM) now I hate PVE events and only look forward to the PVP events.

If you hate PVP, before the event look for an active PVP guild - during the event they will have groups running for dailies & can answer most question you have while showing you the ropes.
  • M0ntie
    M0ntie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do the IC quests on a NB and stay cloaked all the time.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feaky wrote: »
    Typical situation:

and so on
    and on
    and on

PVP campaigns are almost always pop locked during events, how are you always outnumbered?

That really depends on which server you're playing on, what time of day and which time zone, and which campaign. I regularly see low populations (1 or 2 bars) for each faction when I go to IC during the event, but I imagine that's because I'm logging in at times when there aren't a lot of other players on. And sometimes my faction will have only 1 bar while the other factions have 2 or 3 bars or even a padlock.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • daniel.13b16_ESO
    daniel.13b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Out of all the events we have in ESO this is the only PvP one so you will have to enage in some way or another in PvP :) During the PvP event it is easy to get a group in IC so you do not have to venture out there alone if you don't want to.

Also, there is one quest (forgot which area) where you have to free prisoners. You can do this with ranged attacks from the platform and never need to actually enter the zone itself.
  • Calastir
    Calastir
    ✭✭✭
    My neigbours will be relieved now that my 5 days of 'Capture the Relic' self-afflicted torture are finally over.

ESO PVP is a great anger management exercise, and I think I'm improving!

If it weren't for those rewards...
    Chaszmyr Do'Benrae (Dunmer Magsorc Vampire Infinity) ~ Dusk Doublespeak (Breton Magplar Werewolf) ~ Stan of Rimari (Nord Dragonknight Tank) ~ Bunto Kim Alhambra (Redguard Magplar Paladin) ~ Alicyankali (Argonian Magicka Necromancer Draugr Kin) ~ Gruuman Odinfan (Orsimer Magplar) ~ Boymans van Beuningen (Khajiit Stam Warden Bowzerker) ~ Flannelflail (Imperial Stamina Nightblade Brawler PVP) ~ Calastir (Altmer Stamina Dragonknight) ~ Sallystir (Bosmer Stam Warden Frostbite PVP) ~ Zalastir (Altmer Magicka Warden Ice Storm) ~ Capt Peach (Nord Stamcanist Crux Cannon) ~ PC EU ~ since May 26th, 2021.