Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Arcanists stayin alive with zero hp

fernflower
fernflower
✭✭
POV by an arcanist who has been on zero hp on my side several times
d2rjg5rv9bq7.gif
yeap, zero hp on his side too. no shields also

happens quite often
PC EU
Cyro CP
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah this explains a lot and needs an urgent fix @ZOS_Kevin
    Edited by acastanza_ESO on July 17, 2023 8:22PM
    Options
  • ElderSmitter
    ElderSmitter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WOW!
    Options
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I asked about arcanists not dying at 0 hp Cyrodiil zonechat a week or so ago and everyone just told me I'm bad LOL
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian ghostminder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
    Options
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've noticed it too. Like a lot. I just figured their shield maybe was stronger at low HP. Thought it was some kind of Pariah/vampire/shield thing... Is it not?
    Options
  • Norith_Gilheart_Flail
    Norith_Gilheart_Flail
    ✭✭✭✭
    A shield can't negate health or make them immortal, it'll be a UI display bug.

This used to happen with other UI add-ons during periods between patch version and current mod.

Add on or not, if it's server based, they'll fix.
    Edited by Norith_Gilheart_Flail on July 18, 2023 2:05AM
    Options
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not dying at zero hp is not a bug. You need to take damage that puts you below zero hp to die.

I've seen that happen in pve and pvp, well before Arcanists were a thing. I've survived at zero hp without shields on a templar and warden.

Now if there's something other than roll dodge that's preventing the player from having damage properly applied and killing them, yes, it needs to be investigated. But merely not dying at zero hp is not a bug.
    Options
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Was your health desynced at any point prior?

I wish logs in pvp weren't so incredibly awful, because the ability to go back and compare this fight to a log would be really helpful-- is this a UI bug? How much damage did you actually take? Does it add up to your health?

Or is there a bug keeping the arcnist alive when it should be long dead?
    Options
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Is the archanist stayin alive in BeeGees too? ;)
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
    Options
  • wilykcat
    wilykcat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arcanist are immortal.

That reminds me of some fel enchanced beings in world of warcraft. I'm wondering if the arcane in eso and the fel magic in wow are the same thing 😳.
    Options
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dojohoda wrote: »
    Is the archanist stayin alive in BeeGees too? ;)

☜(゚ヮ゚☜)

I see what you did
    Edited by CameraBeardThePirate on July 19, 2023 6:15PM
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OBJnoob wrote: »
    I've noticed it too. Like a lot. I just figured their shield maybe was stronger at low HP. Thought it was some kind of Pariah/vampire/shield thing... Is it not?

none of the arcanist shields scale with missing health, a lot of them scale based on your max health though
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options