Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

New Lich polymorph: could do without the effects

Anumaril
Anumaril
✭✭✭✭✭
Recently got the lich polymorph from an Unfeathered crate, and was really happy about it since I've been waiting for a lich outfit style/polymorph to be added to the game for years. But I was sad to see that everything was obscured by this black/blue cloud effect surrounding the character. The glowing eyes are cool I guess, but this could really do without the cloud of darkness that covers everything up.

The black/blue goes away when the character sprints (the glowing eyes stay) and it looks SO much better. At this point I wish I could just turn the other effect off.

There's also a third effect near the legs/feet that make it look like you trail clouds when you walk. In my opinion I think that one's also fine since it's out of the way and even then doesn't cover anything up like the black/blue cloud on the torso.

So overall happy that the polymorph finally got added, but really disappointed that most of it is completely obscured by an annoying effect and there's no way of getting rid of it.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you could probably replicate the lich polymorph without effects by using some kind of robe motif + nerienth monster head (either actual item or style page)

im not a style expert so im not sure what you would use for the robe/feet/hands/shoulders that might match closely
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • NoticeMeArkay
    NoticeMeArkay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use the Nerien'eth style page for the helmet and shoulders, add some ragged befitting robes like scalecaller to it and go grab that one mage's guild questline that adds the blue magic effect to your character. Or the blue orb from that one Malabal Tor quest.You don't even have to turn the quest in. The effects stay with you until your character dies. Then you can simply abandon the quest and pick it up again if you feel like it.

TL;DR: The amount of possible alternatives render the polymorph itself both overpriced and redundant.
  • SimonThesis
    SimonThesis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the effects of the Lich polymorph and think it is very well done. I would not have purchased it without the special effects.
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So you would remove the effects thus making it not resemble a Lich...
  • Lazarus_Rising
    Lazarus_Rising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would have loved to see a Lich with a skeleton body instead of the usual lich one. That would have made it unique. Regardless i am happy that we got a polymorph like this.

Sadly there is no lich style motif to unlock so if you wanna wear it you have to equip a mediocre set sadly.
    also known as Overlich.