Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Anyone notice crown store hair turns blue instead of black

FeedbackOnly
FeedbackOnly
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Like it's a noticable different shade of color from other default black hair?
  • wilykcat
    wilykcat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love if the game added in more types of blue colors to hair like cyan or violet.

Dark blues are cool too. I did notice dark unsaturated blue color on my khajiit that has black hair too. I embrace that bug with certain hair styles that slightly alter the color.
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    wilykcat wrote: »
    I would love if the game added in more types of blue colors to hair like cyan or violet.

Dark blues are cool too. I did notice dark unsaturated blue color on my khajiit that has black hair too. I embrace that bug with certain hair styles that slightly alter the color.

Thanks I was wondering if it was just me
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I think the problem is that it turns hairstyles that are black with other styles blue with some styles. The darkest black for most races has this "blue" undertone that makes it look nice and smooth and dark, but some hairstyles make it way too blue.

Maybe more hair colors would be nice, but consistency and having actually black hair for some of these styles would be nice.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • FayJolyn
    FayJolyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have several characters with light copper red hair and their hair gets a blue hue too with certain crown hairstyles. It's such an unappealing color and looks so out of place. it's almost got a weird metallic shine to it like some armor dyes have.
    Zha'ishii - Kahjiit nightblade (main) PC-EU
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want a QOL addition to the game that let's use dye hair to ANY hair color that's available on ANY race. I'm tired of not being able to have black hair on a high elf.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I think the problem is that it turns hairstyles that are black with other styles blue with some styles. The darkest black for most races has this "blue" undertone that makes it look nice and smooth and dark, but some hairstyles make it way too blue.

Maybe more hair colors would be nice, but consistency and having actually black hair for some of these styles would be nice.

Yeah I couldn't use some hair styles I wanted, because blue wasn't my intention
    Edited by FeedbackOnly on June 27, 2023 10:39PM