Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Crowns Should Be a Tradable Currency

L0oseG0ose
L0oseG0ose
Soul Shriven
Incorporating items into the trade menu seems rather complex; as such, making crowns tradable would not only make it easier on devs and players, but it's also a necessary quality-of-life improvement.

Being a victim of a crown scam, I became disillusioned knowing that there was a high possibility of it happening again since there are no in-game mechanisms to avoid it and customer service is extremely lackluster regarding these matters.

Having no disposable income, I find that the gift system became the foundation of something great for players that sought to enjoy the game's content without having to invest much money, but rather feel rewarded with the time they've invested by using gold.

It's great that ZOS has acknowledged these transactions as “valid”, but has done little to make them official when it could prevent scams altogether.

My solution is rather simple: make crowns a tradable currency. As with any item transaction, it would require both parties consent for it to go through; both would acquire the agreed amount of gold or crowns instantly; it would eliminate the need for player-regulated systems of exchange; and the number of crowns acquired is yours to be used however you wish.

ESO Plus players would still have an advantage over those who don't, as they would still need to buy the number of crowns required without the discount. The whole system would remain the same, just much safer, with guaranteed satisfaction in your transaction for all parties involved.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    that would be awesome
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • rabidmyers
    rabidmyers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as a crown scammer, i do not like this idea so much
    at a place nobody knows
  • Wow
    Wow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree.

They can't keep disabling the crown crates gifting like this. We know that Crown Crates are the hot cakes item that scammers are using the most for their nefarious deeds, but disabling it doesn't mean closing all the holes. Long term solution is necessary, go implement Crown Exchange. And add safety precautions to prevent people cashing in their Crowns then instantly chargebacking, by adding cooldown, delay, and other things on new/untrusted accounts.
    I'm a Godot Engine and GameMaker enthusiast from the most populated island on earth, Java, Indonesia. Coffee is my staple fuel, and durian is my favourite fruit. I'm currently building a Godot Community site.
  • L0oseG0ose
    L0oseG0ose
    Soul Shriven
    Wow wrote: »
    I agree.

They can't keep disabling the crown crates gifting like this. We know that Crown Crates are the hot cakes item that scammers are using the most for their nefarious deeds, but disabling it doesn't mean closing all the holes. Long term solution is necessary, go implement Crown Exchange. And add safety precautions to prevent people cashing in their Crowns then instantly chargebacking, by adding cooldown, delay, and other things on new/untrusted accounts.

Exactly, trading crowns should be registered in-game as if you had spent them in the crown store itself; you should not be able to issue a recall after trading them since it asks for confirmation prior to the transaction going through, just like any item trade.