The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Server maintenance

Baconlad
Baconlad
✭✭✭✭✭
What is going on with these downtimes the past two weeks? I'm normally a patient person but this is wild, 14 hours twice in two weeks?....

XBNA server
Edited by ZOS_Bill on June 17, 2023 6:09PM
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Baconlad wrote: »
    What is going on with these downtimes the past two weeks? I'm normally a patient person but this is wild, 14 hours twice in two weeks?....

XBNA server

It should be for the server hardware replacement. Did XBox NA get two 14-hour updates? I've seen both PC servers and at least one PS. XBox EU is not going to be replaced for a while, though.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/630425/hardware-refresh-work-update-march-31-2023
    Options
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where are you seeing that this maintenance is for that? I havnt seen anything in the link you posted
    Options
  • alternatelder
    alternatelder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Y'all complain about wanting new servers, now you complain about getting new servers.
    Options
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never complained about servers.

Second. How you know this maintenance is for that?
    Options
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Second. How you know this maintenance is for that?

18 hours is not a general maintenance.
      PC/NA Warden Main
      Options
    • Baconlad
      Baconlad
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      That sounds like a "general assumption".

I've been here 9 years, these maintenances can get long with no patch or change.

All I'm asking for is concrete proof that this is for servers. And if it's not for servers...than I retain my right to complain about 16 hours of downtime
      Options
    • Grizzbeorn
      Grizzbeorn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Read the TOS -- we are not entitled to 24 hours a day uptime on any of the platforms.
      So complain all you want; it won't have an inkling of effect.

If there was an issue that was pushing a regular maintenance into extended hours, they would have posted a notice about it already, and the [IN PROGRESS] tag would read [EXTENDED].

This isn't a regular maintenance.
        PC/NA Warden Main
        Options
      • virtus753
        virtus753
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭

I've been here 9 years, these maintenances can get long with no patch or change.

All I'm asking for is concrete proof that this is for servers. And if it's not for servers...than I retain my right to complain about 16 hours of downtime

It's an inference based on the information they've given and the pattern that has been established with other replacements.

Every 14-hour maintenance since they announced server hardware replacements has been for server hardware replacement on that respective server. They have all fit the windows cited for those replacements in the link above. It's now May, and XBox was explicitly mentioned as getting a server replacement in May.

I too would like to see them update the post I linked with specific dates to confirm this, but for now this is what we have to go on. Concrete proof can only be given by the devs, and they have not provided it to us as of yet.
        Options
      • ellmarie
        ellmarie
        ✭✭✭
        I can't believe maintenance will be until 4pm EST!! I hope I get to collect today.
        Xbox X- NA
        Options
      • Baconlad
        Baconlad
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Ight yalls recent posts have convinced me. Thanks! I feel a bit better.
        Options
      • FelixTheCatt
        FelixTheCatt
        ✭✭✭
        We’ll get there lol
        Xbox - Kuchini07
        Eso - FaCoffinDye (EP)
        Options
      • alternatelder
        alternatelder
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Maybe they're not saying it's server upgrade so they can see if the community will actually notice a real difference, or if it's a placebo.
        Options
      • Tandor
        Tandor
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭

They stated that server would be replaced in early May. I'll leave you to read it for yourself and draw whatever conclusions you want from it.
        Options
      • ZOS_Bill
        ZOS_Bill
        admin
        When selecting server maintenance times, we try and pick periods when the game generally experiences the lowest traffic. Unfortunately, this may result in downtime for some of our players. Since this maintenance has now completed, we are going to close the discussion. For more information about server maintenance please see our FAQ below.

Server Maintenance Information - The Elder Scrolls Online
        The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
        Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
        Options
        Staff Post
      This discussion has been closed.