The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Chasing Shadows

mu2
mu2
✭✭✭
I've just come up against the level 15 main quest, and wow. It's kicking my butt. Thing is, most of the time I can get the boss down to what looks like dead, but he doesn't die. Sometimes my skills just stop working or my character refuses to dodge. I don't know if it's latency or there's something I'm missing.

Anyone have any pointers about this fight, anything they found that helped them out?
Edited by mu2 on April 2, 2014 1:17PM
  • LimeFox
    LimeFox
    ✭✭✭
    Use Persuade and avoid the fight. Not trying to be smart alec, I seriously couldn't beat the guy and kept dying, so I opted to skip it altogether.
    Options
  • mu2
    mu2
    ✭✭✭
    There wasn't a persuade option in this quest for me! But eventually I did manage it. I just came back a few levels higher.
    Options
  • Raynekatt
    Raynekatt
    I just finished this ...barely after losing count of how many times I died.

For those interested in how I did it - I was lvl 17 with lvl 15-16 gear Templar with Res staff and specced as a double healer. I added 1 attack spell that I was lucky enough to have levelled up ages ago.
    I ran around with the giant rock between me and him, shooting off a single attack when he was in view before hiding again and healing up. Used block to fight off the bats when they appeared and spammed heal when he decided to suck the life out of me (big red stream connecting you to him).

I hope others can be helped by this. I thought it was a bit too hard for the level.
    Options
  • Asava
    Asava
    ✭✭✭
    This npc is some BS even at L16.....
    Options
  • Shadow_Seraph
    If you destroy his Aura of Protection totem thingy - evil Dragonknight Battle Standard - immediately he goes down a lot faster.
    Options
  • mu2
    mu2
    ✭✭✭
    @Raynekatt‌ Your method was very much like mine. That rock was a lifesaver. I had terrible lag so couldn't block, but managed to heal through it and take breathers behind the rock as needed.
    Options
  • rioinsigniab16_ESO
    rioinsigniab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Level 17 mage....the npc kicked my ass...died many times...gave up until later.
    How can you soar with eagles.....when you work with turkeys?
    Options
  • Asava
    Asava
    ✭✭✭
    The fight really does suck. If you don't have a lot of insta DOTs then it's going to take you awhile to burn him down. I really hate fights that pigeon hole you into one way to beat it. Kiting a rock isn't my idea of fun at all but it's the only way to do this one unless you're L20 or so.
    Options
  • Juantyr
    Juantyr
    ✭✭
    I died a lot on this quest as well that green projectile he shoots is painful. Using bow and scattershot (kb/stun) and agony(root/stun) was the only way I could mitigate his damage output, and even then the sob managed to kill me with a final shot as his body fell to the ground dead.
    Options
  • Hellorush
    Hellorush
    ✭✭
    It is quite easy when you figure everything out.

1) Nuke his totem ASAP
    2) Block EVERY attack he shoots at you.

Along with a few self-healing abilities (Funnel Health in my case) he dropped dead rather fast. I managed to do it on 16 lvl
    Options
  • kasmar45b14_ESO
    kasmar45b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I didn't fight the NPC at all. I summoned my Clanfear and snuck in. I got all the way to the orb before I was detected. I send my Clanfear in to keep the NPC busy whilst I activated the orb, and talked to the spirit NPC. Then I stuck my tongue out at the NPC and skedaddled out of there. :):)
    Options