The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Lightless Remnant- Final (Story) ruined by group

Crescent
Crescent
✭✭✭✭
So, because I made the mistake of accepting a group invite from some people around for it, this game allowed them to just skip dialogue in my stead and ruin it for me when Verandis asked to talk with me one last time after we killed Baron Montclaire.

So what happens in that dialogue that was skipped for me? Do you get a choice? He went took the remnant to the plane of Molag Bal, but I don't know if there was a choice or what he said in that final talk.

This is like dungeons all over again where a perfectly good voiceover and story is ruined by a bunch of people who clearly have no interest in the game world other than getting to the next number upgrade. I wish this game didn't go out of its way to make you resent other players, from overworld chest stealings and competition of nodes to groups skipping storylines.
  • Starlifter88
    SPOILER
    If I remember correctly, there is really no choice. He has to take the remnant to Bal. He does ask you to relay information to Gwewdis and to ask Adusa to takeover in Ravenwatch.

I soloed this event with a sorceress and died once. I suspect my Templar will have more problems soloing it given my play style.
    Options
  • Crescent
    Crescent
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks. I would have been really mad if there was a choice to keep him around and somebody chose for me.

It's a shame though, I liked the guy and assume you meet him in Coldharbour as a DC toon, but since I'm Ebonheart and doing this as vet content I guess I won't see him again.
    Edited by Crescent on May 5, 2014 10:19PM
    Options
  • crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crescent wrote: »
    Thanks. I would have been really mad if there was a choice to keep him around and somebody chose for me.

It's a shame though, I liked the guy and assume you meet him in Coldharbour as a DC toon, but since I'm Ebonheart and doing this as vet content I guess I won't see him again.

I am DC in coldharbour, he is not there.
    But yeah, he is a good guy.
    Options