The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Remove Large Grouping from Imperial City to Prevent Gold Farming Guild Zergs From Ruining the Zone

nublife01
nublife01
✭✭✭✭
In a matter of weeks if not days this zone will be ruined by gold farming zergs. It is not meant to be a zerg zone though it became one more and more over time with the condensing of servers. Get rid of large grouping capability and make it self healing only.

That or I personally think the flags should be removed entirely, the zone made free for all, or reducing grouping to 3 per group, or things along these lines would be awesome for the zone. Also with changes like these make the central sewer subzone and the 3 faction oriented sewer subzones closest surrounding it should have bosses with telvar rewards closer to that of above ground. The sewers have hardly ever been used when farming molag bal in the center for caches was removed.

Imperial city is by far one of the best pvp zones I have ever played in any game. It's so good that diablo 4 is blatantly copying its mechanics and a new game is being created (dark and darker) that is vastly poppular and highly emulates it other than the massive zergs. Please zos don't let this great zone be ruined by gold farming zergs or zergs in general. Make these changes or similiar changes. Anyone who agrees or has ideas of their own on a similiar note please share so that zos maybe thinks about doing something about this.

It's been a while since pvp has gotten any content love.

edit: title adjustment
Edited by nublife01 on April 22, 2023 5:18AM
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nublife01 wrote: »
    In a matter of weeks if not days this zone will be ruined by gold farming zergs. It is not meant to be a zerg zone though it became one more and more over time with the condensing of servers. Get rid of large grouping capability and make it self healing only.

That or I personally think the flags should be removed entirely, the zone made free for all, or reducing grouping to 3 per group, or things along these lines would be awesome for the zone. Also with changes like these make the central sewer subzone and the 3 faction oriented sewer subzones closest surrounding it should have bosses with telvar rewards closer to that of above ground. The sewers have hardly ever been used when farming molag bal in the center for caches was removed.

Imperial city is by far one of the best pvp zones I have ever played in any game. It's so good that diablo 4 is blatantly copying its mechanics and a new game is being created (dark and darker) that is vastly poppular and highly emulates it other than the massive zergs. Please zos don't let this great zone be ruined by gold farming zergs or zergs in general. Make these changes or similiar changes. Anyone who agrees or has ideas of their own on a similiar note please share so that zos maybe thinks about doing something about this.

It's been a while since pvp has gotten any content love.

edit: title adjustment

IC events are the only time that noobs will dip a toe into IC, and that's only becaue they feel less vulnerable due to being surrounded by a big group. Killing big groups in IC will basically eliminate the one time anyone new tries out the zone. You'll just have to deal with the one week out of the year that solo/small group gankers are at risk of dying and their victims have a chance to survive a gank.

Also, calling them "gold farming", when they're actually after telvar just like you, is pretty funny.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperial City shares the same ruleset as Cyrodiil in far more cramped quarters.

I suggest that you try out bombing builds for the duration of the time that lots of squishy PVEers who don't know to hold block and spread out are grouping up on flags and waiting for bosses.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    surface zerging became a LOT more common when they added the respawn restrictions to where you had to own a flag to respawn in that district

it still happens even during normal activity

i dont think the flags should be removed, but i dont think respawning should be tied to them
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • nublife01
    nublife01
    ✭✭✭✭
    Marcus684 wrote: »

IC events are the only time that noobs will dip a toe into IC, and that's only becaue they feel less vulnerable due to being surrounded by a big group. Killing big groups in IC will basically eliminate the one time anyone new tries out the zone. You'll just have to deal with the one week out of the year that solo/small group gankers are at risk of dying and their victims have a chance to survive a gank.

Also, calling them "gold farming", when they're actually after telvar just like you, is pretty funny.

with the current tank meta that is an impossible task in cp with such easy access to broken tank sets such as maras. also in cp they can simply collectively build tanks which cannot be killed at all. right now they mostly consist of tanks and trifocus exploiters. so if you get near any pve monsters you die instantly from empower lightning staff splash damage and you cannot stop their unkillable tanks from taking the flags. they arent good players but they are not exactly noobs persay. in no cp i have been actually able to cull their zergs and i have swapped to that like many other og 1vx players that still play the game have aswell. so they rarely go to no cp but that still leaves half of the imperial city servers completely zerged out by a gold farming guild.

they are gold farming guilds because they collectively buy stuff to sell for gold with the telvar. the reason i refer to them as such is because rumor around imperial city is that the central zerg guild that does it are actually rmt gold traders. there is little sense to farm telvar in mass numbers of 20-30+ zergs otherwise because it is way less profitable.

the reason these imperial city changes make sense is because the central reason why most longstanding ic players stick to imperial city is because of the small scale pvp/duels that includes a gold farm that enables them to test and change different pvp builds. it has never been a zerged area until the recent rather disgusting tank meta and trifocus exploit because a lot of these pvp players could in the past indivually or in a group of 2 or 3 take down these large zergs. but when its 30+ players all running maras/immortal 0 damage tank builds or trifocus exploit that task is on the impossible side of things. i think if ZOS decides to keep a tank meta in pvp they have to change imperial city accordingly to keep it how it has always been. a lot of high skill curve and content creation pvp players have left the game due to the tank meta, if imperial city is further ruined by these gold farmers then a lot more players will leave from that as well

• nublife01
    nublife01
    ✭✭✭✭
    Imperial City shares the same ruleset as Cyrodiil in far more cramped quarters.

I suggest that you try out bombing builds for the duration of the time that lots of squishy PVEers who don't know to hold block and spread out are grouping up on flags and waiting for bosses.

bombing builds dont work on a gold farming guild with builds not meant to fight other massive zergs like in cyrodiil but rather meant to solely zerg imperial city zone bosses either by being completely immortal and take 0 damage or to utilize a eploit that instantly kills players with 30-40k heavy attacks when splash damaging a pve monster with an empowered lightning staff heavy attack as the zergs sole purpose is to hog the zone and kill the pve bosses meant for 1-4 people to fight.

trust me i have looked into it and crunched the numbers.
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nublife01 wrote: »
    Marcus684 wrote: »

with the current tank meta that is an impossible task in cp with such easy access to broken tank sets such as maras. also in cp they can simply collectively build tanks which cannot be killed at all. right now they mostly consist of tanks and trifocus exploiters. so if you get near any pve monsters you die instantly from empower lightning staff splash damage and you cannot stop their unkillable tanks from taking the flags. they arent good players but they are not exactly noobs persay. in no cp i have been actually able to cull their zergs and i have swapped to that like many other og 1vx players that still play the game have aswell. so they rarely go to no cp but that still leaves half of the imperial city servers completely zerged out by a gold farming guild.

they are gold farming guilds because they collectively buy stuff to sell for gold with the telvar. the reason i refer to them as such is because rumor around imperial city is that the central zerg guild that does it are actually rmt gold traders. there is little sense to farm telvar in mass numbers of 20-30+ zergs otherwise because it is way less profitable.

the reason these imperial city changes make sense is because the central reason why most longstanding ic players stick to imperial city is because of the small scale pvp/duels that includes a gold farm that enables them to test and change different pvp builds. it has never been a zerged area until the recent rather disgusting tank meta and trifocus exploit because a lot of these pvp players could in the past indivually or in a group of 2 or 3 take down these large zergs. but when its 30+ players all running maras/immortal 0 damage tank builds or trifocus exploit that task is on the impossible side of things. i think if ZOS decides to keep a tank meta in pvp they have to change imperial city accordingly to keep it how it has always been. a lot of high skill curve and content creation pvp players have left the game due to the tank meta, if imperial city is further ruined by these gold farmers then a lot more players will leave from that as well

I guess I interpreted your "...matter of weeks if not days..." to mean the annual IC event, which is when all the squishies head there to get reward boxes and telvar. If there is some growing problem with guild groups throwing on tank builds and farming telvar for gold I haven't seen it.

I've heard about the splash damage heroes ganking people farming bosses but haven't experienced it myself, probably because I make it a point to avoid exposing myself long enough to fight a district boss because of all the NB gankers that have historically made IC their personal playground.

It sounds like the cross-heal/tank meta that has made Cyrodiil so boring is just as prevalent in IC, but that's mainly a problem for the gankers. If you want ZOS to nerf it to make them easier for you to gank then they need to do it for all PvP, not just IC.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    surface zerging became a LOT more common when they added the respawn restrictions to where you had to own a flag to respawn in that district

i dont think the flags should be removed, but i dont think respawning should be tied to them

Ding ding ding
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Just another example of a bad PvP change that hurt the environment, only to be abandoned.
  • GillianUK
    GillianUK
    Soul Shriven
    IC should be a non-alliance area, as it always should have been, where the enemies are the roaming monsters, dremora, xivkyn etc. Make them a little tougher to compensate and then you can join up with people from other alliances to defeat them.
  • Iriidius
    Iriidius
    ✭✭✭
    GillianUK wrote: »
    IC should be a non-alliance area, as it always should have been, where the enemies are the roaming monsters, dremora, xivkyn etc. Make them a little tougher to compensate and then you can join up with people from other alliances to defeat them.
    So you want change one of only 2 open world PvP zones in game into a PvE zone althought there already are 30-40 PvE zones?
    Most of the time you are not fighting for your alliance in Imperial City but for your group or yourself/your own telvar gain, but alliances are still important to make sure you hqve friendly players you can follow even if you dont have a group (common in IC).

Yeah having to own a flag to respawn in this district doesnt make sense when every alliance has an own spawn point that is accessible from base any time and not 1 spawn point per objective like cyro castles.

Big zergs shouldnt exist in a zone like IC that is created for solo/smallscale PvP, they zerg down all solo and smallscale players on sight without giving them a chance to escape and rarely fight each other and they are very popular althought the tel var gain is too low and divided between too many players to be worth it, but seems like these players dont care about tel var but want to feel great for winning fights even when it is 60v1. Every npc and zone boss is soloable, only molag bal and a few sever bosses need multiple players to kill them, people usually group to outnumber other players to easy kill them or to not get outnumbered by first groups. Xv1 ganking is not effektive ap/telvar farming but griefing.
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Iriidius wrote: »
    So you want change one of only 2 open world PvP zones in game into a PvE zone althought there already are 30-40 PvE zones?
    Most of the time you are not fighting for your alliance in Imperial City but for your group or yourself/your own telvar gain, but alliances are still important to make sure you hqve friendly players you can follow even if you dont have a group (common in IC).

Yeah having to own a flag to respawn in this district doesnt make sense when every alliance has an own spawn point that is accessible from base any time and not 1 spawn point per objective like cyro castles.

Big zergs shouldnt exist in a zone like IC that is created for solo/smallscale PvP, they zerg down all solo and smallscale players on sight without giving them a chance to escape and rarely fight each other and they are very popular althought the tel var gain is too low and divided between too many players to be worth it, but seems like these players dont care about tel var but want to feel great for winning fights even when it is 60v1. Every npc and zone boss is soloable, only molag bal and a few sever bosses need multiple players to kill them, people usually group to outnumber other players to easy kill them or to not get outnumbered by first groups. Xv1 ganking is not effektive ap/telvar farming but griefing.

I dont think they were suggesting it be a PvE zone; rather, they were suggesting that alliances in IC be scrapped completely, and instead simply have PvP enabled with anyone not in your group.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iriidius wrote: »

i can say from experience that none of the pve stuff in IC needs a group to do, but it is more time consuming/challenging to do it solo (such as the molag bal event lol)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014