The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Don't travel with Azandar (or Sharp!) until you've finished the main questline...

EramTheLiar
EramTheLiar
✭✭✭✭
... or he'll spoil the ending. LOL

EDIT: To clarify, by "main questline" I mean "main questline for Necrom."

SECOND EDIT: Apparently Sharp will also do this, per comments.

THIRD EDIT: Also per comments, it appears to be specifically for the quest 'A Calamity of Fate'
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on June 10, 2023 3:32AM
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Old people tend to do that, IRL too!
  • EramTheLiar
    EramTheLiar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm writing it off as his frayed fate confusing him about where he is in the timeline
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the warning.
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • Saucy_Jack
      Saucy_Jack
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      The REALLY funny part is that this was addressed/reported in the PTS like a month ago.
      ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
    • amig186
      amig186
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      So, I guess the PTS feedback threads are just there for decoration
      PC EU
    • Ecgberht_confused
      Ecgberht_confused
      ✭✭✭
      Hmm I think I'm being a bit special. I unlocked him and went with him all over in Tamriel levelling him and my new arcanist, but I haven't realised what the spoiler is. Only thing I noticed is his excessive complaining about riding, collecting mushrooms (I have to unsummon him every time I see mushrooms) and about combat in general. Such an old man.

I hope I remain oblivious about the spoiler. It'll be a while till I do the zone quest
    • EramTheLiar
      EramTheLiar
      ✭✭✭✭
      Occasionally Azandar will comment on the story line, usually after an arc completes. At one point he comments on something you don't discover until later. That's all I'll say but it might not be something he does all the time (i.e., it could just be some weird random combination of things that triggered the comment).
    • Dr_Con
      Dr_Con
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Occasionally Azandar will comment on the story line, usually after an arc completes. At one point he comments on something you don't discover until later. That's all I'll say but it might not be something he does all the time (i.e., it could just be some weird random combination of things that triggered the comment).

might want to submit this as a bug report then.
    • tsaescishoeshiner
      tsaescishoeshiner
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      To confirm, is this only related to having Azandar out during the main quest? Or anytime/anywhere? Or doing his personal quests?

I'd really like to avoid spoilers but enjoy having him around, so ty for heads up!
      PC-NA
      in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
    • amig186
      amig186
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      To confirm, is this only related to having Azandar out during the main quest? Or anytime/anywhere? Or doing his personal quests?

I'd really like to avoid spoilers but enjoy having him around, so ty for heads up!

If it's the same bug as it was on PTS, which it seems to be, then do not turn in the quest 'A Calamity of Fate' with Azandar in tow, because that's when he'll drop the spoiler.
      PC EU
    • TheImperfect
      TheImperfect
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Thanks for the warning!
    • kynesgrove
      kynesgrove
      ✭✭✭
      Sharp does it as well. At the same quest point.
      "The shrine is breathtaking, sitting upon a rise and dominated by many standing stones carved with holy runes. The place truly seems to have been kissed by Kyne's icy breath."
      - Urig the Wanderer
    • EramTheLiar
      EramTheLiar
      ✭✭✭✭
      Thank you amig186 and kynesgrove, I updated the original comment to include that info.
    • Grizzbeorn
      Grizzbeorn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      I've had Sharp out as I work my way through the quest today, and he remarks on each section after I turn it in.
      (just finished "A Hidden Fate;" still a couple away from 'Calamity.')

So I guess 'Zander does the same thing? But he spoils the ending at "Calamity of Fate?" *rhetorical question

Edit:
      Edited-out my secondary question. It was a dumb question. Brought about by momentary confusion elsewhere.

Edited by Grizzbeorn on June 8, 2023 6:48AM
        PC/NA Warden Main
      • tohopka_eso
        tohopka_eso
        ✭✭✭✭
        Hmm I think I'm being a bit special. I unlocked him and went with him all over in Tamriel levelling him and my new arcanist, but I haven't realised what the spoiler is. Only thing I noticed is his excessive complaining about riding, collecting mushrooms (I have to unsummon him every time I see mushrooms) and about combat in general. Such an old man.

I hope I remain oblivious about the spoiler. It'll be a while till I do the zone quest

oh great, doesn't like when you pick mushrooms. I thought grabbing the occasional torchbug or butterfly was bad with Mirri.
      • kynesgrove
        kynesgrove
        ✭✭✭
        Thank you amig186 and kynesgrove, I updated the original comment to include that info.

No problem. My husband and I do the main quest together.

He with Azandar, and I with Sharp. So we pick up both their spoilers at the same time, same activation area, just when leaving after the quest.

This sort of thing happens every single chapter release, I don't know how many people test the main quest as a party on PTS. But this time around there are numerous uninteractible bugs we've encountered or quest party rules that change. We've had to redo/relog multiple story steps outside a party in order to finish.

Also something is up with the journal not naturally switching to the next chapter story step when finishing a chapter quest. It just decides to recommend the next unrelated quest if you have one.
        Edited by kynesgrove on June 8, 2023 4:12AM
        "The shrine is breathtaking, sitting upon a rise and dominated by many standing stones carved with holy runes. The place truly seems to have been kissed by Kyne's icy breath."
        - Urig the Wanderer
      • kynesgrove
        kynesgrove
        ✭✭✭
        Oh also want to add. If you are questing with a friend and one of you takes the lead. This time around you might not get the ambient ally dialogue if you are the one following in certain instances, such as Meln or Scruut telling you what to do.

Usually both players will at least see the npc dialogue or hear it no matter who triggers it first when running around. Not this time.

My husband and I sit next to each other so we easily pick up bugs on each others screens. Necrom has been by far the most inconsistent on release and unfriendly to party questing.
        - Urig the Wanderer
      • Ilsabet
        Ilsabet
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        When I saw this thread earlier, I interpreted it as Azandar's personal quest having a Necrom-ending spoiler in it. Per subsequent comments, is that not the case? So I'm good to proceed on Azandar's (and Sharp's) personal quests, but I should just be careful about having either of them out while I do specific parts of the Necrom questline?

That's a super bizarre writing choice if they comment about things that haven't happened yet as targeted commentary on the main story.
        Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
        Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
        My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
        Ilsabet's Headcanon
        The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
        PC NA
      • kynesgrove
        kynesgrove
        ✭✭✭
        Also I recommend to save some people in parties the pain:
        Ilsabet wrote: »
        When I saw this thread earlier, I interpreted it as Azandar's personal quest having a Necrom-ending spoiler in it. Per subsequent comments, is that not the case? So I'm good to proceed on Azandar's (and Sharp's) personal quests, but I should just be careful about having either of them out while I do specific parts of the Necrom questline?

That's a super bizarre writing choice if they comment about things that haven't happened yet as targeted commentary on the main story.

That's exactly it. It's a new feature that the new companions will now and then comment on the story steps within the main Necrom questline. Unfortunately one of their lines is completely out of sync.
        - Urig the Wanderer
      • BenTSG
        BenTSG
        ✭✭✭✭
        Thanks for the heads up, I was going to have Sharp around for the questline anyways, but now I know to unsummon him when turning in the quest. Or just the quest in general, whichever it is.

It's cool that they interact with you and the world a little bit more now through this, I assume, new thing (I don't recall if any of the other companions did), but it does sort of moot the point of the lines get muddled and they drop the spoilers. Hope it's fixed soon
      • ADarklore
        ADarklore
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        I rushed through Necrom's MSQ with an alt just to unlock the Fate Scryer costume. I completed the entire questline in about three hours or so and did not accept any side quests that were along the way- I just wanted the costume.
        CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
      • Einar_Hrafnarsson
        Einar_Hrafnarsson
        ✭✭✭✭
        Saucy_Jack wrote: »
        The REALLY funny part is that this was addressed/reported in the PTS like a month ago.

There have been quite a few things popping up on the bugreport section that were already mentioned on the PTS. I guess the Devs didnt get enough time to fix them.
      • KlauthWarthog
        KlauthWarthog
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        amig186 wrote: »
        So, I guess the PTS feedback threads are just there for decoration

They need something to officially ignore.
      • spartaxoxo
        spartaxoxo
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        kynesgrove wrote: »
        Also I recommend to save some people in parties the pain:

That's exactly it. It's a new feature that the new companions will now and then comment on the story steps within the main Necrom questline. Unfortunately one of their lines is completely out of sync.

Isobel actually did the same with High Isle. But anyway, thanks for this warning. I'll wait on taking either of them out on main quests when it drops on console.
      • Ilsabet
        Ilsabet
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        kynesgrove wrote: »

Thanks for the clarification. Now Azandar doesn't have to mope around thinking I'm ignoring his personal issues. :D
        Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
        Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
        My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
        Ilsabet's Headcanon
        The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
        PC NA
      • Solantris
        Solantris
        ✭✭✭
        Happened to me today. Az spoiled the reveal of the main quest by commenting on the reveal before it happened; I'm assuming a misplaced dialogue trigger is responsible.

(Pic attached for dev feedback - BEWARE SPOILER)
        vc2s0p5mg1vl.jpg

As a lore nerd I'm just gutted, the actual reveal was awesome :'(
      • TybaltKaine
        TybaltKaine
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        To be 100% clear here, this only applies to having them out while completing the Necrom questline? They aren't going to be dropping spoilers if I'm out and about in Blackwood and haven't even done the Necrom prologue, are they? That's an important and vital distinction to make.

If that is indeed the case (only when doing Necrom content) then might I suggest the OP editing the thread title to reflect it? Don't want people shelving these two companions until they are ready to start Necrom in earnest if it isn't an issue in other zones.
        Edited by TybaltKaine on June 9, 2023 3:59PM
        • Tybalt Kaine Khajiit Nightblade Aldmeri Dominion
        • PC/NA
        • Guildmaster- Lucky Raven
        • Knight of Marrow - Blackfeather Academy
        • Adepti- The Witches Goblet
        • Dragon Frog - Butterscotch Dragon Frog
        • "Nightblade healer huh? How does that work?"
        • "I drain the blood of our enemies and fire it into you. It's a lot less messy than it sounds, and yeah I'm basically a Vampire without the whole AGH FIRE BAD"
      • Dr_Con
        Dr_Con
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        Honestly Azandar is so socially awkward I don't know if he's talking about the past, present, or future when he gets excited. This man puts the man in mania.
      • ZOS_Hadeostry
        Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic, as it's in relation to questing.

Thank you for your understanding
        Staff Post
      • EramTheLiar
        EramTheLiar
        ✭✭✭✭
        You have got to be kidding me.