The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crown Sale?

Daiyanae
Daiyanae
✭✭
Is there a set time period when Crowns are available to buy in the Sale Bundle or is it random? Like, when is the next sale?

Someone had posted in the heading of their website page, 'Crown sale' Now, Update. but there was no date so duh... ?

• LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    it tends to happen in April during Jubilee,
    in August during Quakecon,
    and in December during New Life Festival.
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • SkaiFaith
    SkaiFaith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any chance we can hope to have a crown sale during Xbox Showcase / Summer Game Fest in June?
    Edited by SkaiFaith on June 1, 2023 4:52PM
  • HappyTheCamper
    HappyTheCamper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SkaiFaith wrote: »
    Any chance we can hope to have a crown sale during Xbox Showcase / Summer Game Fest in June?

I don’t believe they’ve ever done it in the past. Next one will probably be in August.
    Edited by HappyTheCamper on June 1, 2023 5:15PM
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice to have a sale now, but we just had one not too long ago and they'd prefer players coming back for Necrom pay full price for the next couple of months. Then, as noted, probably early fall they'll offer another sale, some mentioning August. I know I stocked up on Crowns last sale in preparation for upgrading my new Arcanist.
    CP: 1950 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Sorcerer ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • wilykcat
    wilykcat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only time I buy crowns is when they go on sale 😉
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea sale should happen now, loads pol like myself I'd imagine woukd get them to get skill limes etc for arcanist
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »
    Yea sale should happen now, loads pol like myself I'd imagine woukd get them to get skill limes etc for arcanist

unless zos changes how they do these things it won't happen until august.
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Daiyanae
    Daiyanae
    ✭✭
    I wonder if they were to do a statistic check to see if there were like (just as an example) 100 sales at NONSale price versus 1000 sales at Sale Price. Why don't they just lower the freaking cost to sale price and keep it available ALL the time? That seems like a "Duh" to me, but I don't have all the factsjacts.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If history tracks there will be a Necrom sale and event soon, but not a crown sale until late summer.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Daiyanae wrote: »
    I wonder if they were to do a statistic check to see if there were like (just as an example) 100 sales at NONSale price versus 1000 sales at Sale Price. Why don't they just lower the freaking cost to sale price and keep it available ALL the time? That seems like a "Duh" to me, but I don't have all the factsjacts.

Real talk, that 's precisely the thought process that JCPenney's had in the US a few years back.

They were like "people only buy stuff when it's on sale, so why don't we just make everything the sale price year round and then use that as our advertising campaign? 'Fair and Square Prices.' No random sales, we'll just keep the prices at the sale value all the time and then we don't need to mark it all up to mark it back down."

Result: JCPenney lost so much money.

Even though logically it makes sense that more people would buy if they were always at the sale price, the fact that stuff never ended up going on sale after that (because it was already the sale price) made people not want to shop there at all. Sometimes, people really just want the warm fuzzies of "ooh, I got a good deal!" even when logically it's... not.

Anyway, sales tend to hit for the Anniversary (April), Quakecon (August) and the holidays (December). There will likely be a Necrom sale that should come with an associated Community event sometime around the end of September as well.