The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Engine Guardian trophy is way too big and not wall mountable

SilverBride
SilverBride
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I am constructing a structure at Coldharbour Surreal Estate to display all the base game dungeon mounted trophies and busts. What I am doing is mounting the trophy on the wall and placing its matching bust below it. The problem is that the Engine Guardian trophy is huge and doesn't mount on the wall like the rest.

I can't sink it into the wall because it sticks out the back of my structure. Has anyone else tried to display this or have any ideas on how to deal with it?
PCNA
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    i Love it because it's so huge. i always half bury it in outside areas of houses
    like in the beach sand of Fogbreak Lighthouse
    and the grass in other houses
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It should be able to be displayed on the wall like all the other trophies. It's the only one I can't find a way to include in my display.
    PCNA
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have it on the wall in my Mathiisen Manor. It does not show outside when mounted on the inside wall, as the two spaces are separate. It does poke through walls between rooms, so location choices must be made, but that place has a lot of outside wall.

Coldharbour is one of only a few homes that have exterior, but no interior. Doomchar is another. The small homes with interior only don’t have the problem, but their small size precludes that trophy anyway. It may be bigger than Snugpod.

• Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i managed to squeeze all of the wall trophies into one of the small rooms in the grand topal hideaway lol

i have the engine guardian trophy on the floor across from the door (im actually running out of wall space in there anyway lol)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    Coldharbour is one of only a few homes that have exterior, but no interior.

That's what is making it difficult to sink it into the wall because it sticks way out the back.

I chose Coldharbour to build this because it's the only home I had that wasn't decorated yet and it just seemed to fit the theme well.

Maybe I can sink it in the wall then put something on the outside like a large rock to hide it where it protrudes out.
    PCNA
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have Engine Guardian guard the entrance to other trophies by placing it near the door, on the floor.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    Have Engine Guardian guard the entrance to other trophies by placing it near the door, on the floor.

That's a great idea. It is a guardian and that would make sense. I'll see how I can fit it in around the entrance.
    PCNA
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There’s more than just Engine Guardian that’s like that I think, I just grouped all the big ones together, but I also tend to only show the trophies rather than the busts because they look cooler to me.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am only putting the base game trophies and busts in because that is all I have gathered so far. There are 24 of those and I have them all displayed except for this huge guardian trophy. I tried it by the door but it just doesn't fit well in the space. I may just put the bust and forget about this one trophy, but it's a shame I have to do that and not complete my display.

I was going to add a second story for DLC trophies and busts but scratched that idea because the one DLC dungeon I attempted on Vet was such a bad experience I don't think I'd ever get them all. One day I may attempt that again and it would be easy to add another wing to the structure.
    PCNA
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i wish i had room for both the wall mounts and the busts, but there are more than 110 total wall mounts + busts, i decided to stick more with the wall mounts because the busts seemed kind of bland
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coldharbour allows 110 collectible furnishings so I would have plenty of slots for all the dungeon busts and trophies if I ever decide to include the rest, which won't happen any time soon.
    PCNA
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i was trying to include all of the busts and wall mounts in my grand topal hideaway which has the same limit

the problem is there are well over 110 wall mounts + busts at this point, and that collectible furnishing limit is used for other things too such as the armory station (or that massive selection of collectible paintings and statuettes)

the only busts i still use are the ones for vet trials/arenas because they have a fancy pedestal they stand on
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I don't do trials and have no interest in them and I am not really interested in veteran arenas either. The way it stands all I want is to be able to display my whole base game trophies and busts and this huge trophy is making it very difficult.
    PCNA
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if your only looking at the base game dungeons, thats much more doable

i would treat the engine guardian "wall mount" as like a centerpiece for the room, though that is going to depend on how large the room is

if your doing it at the coldharbour house, you would have a lot more flexibility to make the room appropriately sized for that to work and look nice instead of being cramped

one of the spots im kind of doing that is in the psijic house with the main entrance hall, i use the engine guardian as a center piece in front of the stairs at the end of the hall
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From my xmas home 2 years ago.

cjyeokzh8bct.png
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ended up placing this at the top of the portal at the entrance. It's not next to its bust like all the rest but at least I was able to place it somewhere.
    Edited by SilverBride on April 15, 2023 1:37AM
    PCNA
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The engine guardian trophy is one of the few I actually use, in addition to the dragon skill! I LIKE that it’s not yet another wall mount and can be used in different ways.