The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Blackwood main quest "A Mysterious Event" - is the ornate costume available for the character ?

vsrs_au
vsrs_au
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
During the Blackwood main quest "A Mysterious Event", my character has to visit a tailor and get an ornate costume, and I was wondering if that costume is available after the quest completes or not ?
PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not that im aware of

its like a temporary transformation that is used in some other quests where it changes your costume or character model only for that particular quest
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    not that im aware of

its like a temporary transformation that is used in some other quests where it changes your costume or character model only for that particular quest
    Yes, I've done quests with similar mechanisms, but many of these had costumes/disguises that I could see in my inventory. I'd love to have this particular costume.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    most of the newer ones dont give you an equippable disguise (like the old school shadowsilk gem that turns you into a goblin), it just magically transforms you to use that costume for the quest segment then poof back to normal

its been awhile since i did this quest, so i dont remember exactly what the costume looks like, but im not sure if its a custom one or based on any kind of motifs that we have
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • PrinceShroob
    PrinceShroob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I played "A Mysterious Event," my character ended up wearing the Wayrest Suede Doublet Ensemble. You get to pick a costume to wear; they're all available in the Crown Store or Crown Crates or have been. You can't keep the costume Percius gives you because it's ostensibly destroyed.

I forget if this is all the outfits Percius has on display, but in this image of his shop, it's the Jarl's Justice Formal Frock on the left and the Kinlord's Alinor Attire on the right.

This quest was honestly a bit odd if you have the costumes purchased, since Percius insists that your own clothes aren't fancy enough even if you're wearing exactly what he'd give you.
    Edited by PrinceShroob on June 8, 2023 1:46PM