Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Clarification of crate drops?

licenturion
licenturion
✭✭✭✭
Hello,

I have a question about crate drops.

Whenever I see people posting what they get out of their crates on Reddit most have usually one or two cool drops.

I have collected crates through drops or (pre)-ordering however I only have gotten crap like potions, poisons and mimic stones in 2.5 years

I am from Belgium and crates/lootboxes are considered here as gambling and forbidden by law so they are not for sale and I can only get them through drop or other promotions. So are the content drops also restricted here too? It seems odd I get the same drops like every time?

Can ZOS shed some light on this or are the fellow Belgians here who did get anything worthwhile out of crates?
Edited by ZOS_Kraken on June 6, 2023 2:09PM
  • ZOS_Kraken
    ZOS_Kraken
    admin
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm not Belgian but have friends who are, and they get pets and mounts etc from crates, as well as the usual poisons and potions (they buy crates using crown sellers).

The ouroboros crates are 99% potions etc, with one pet and one mount in them that drop rarely.

The other crates the drop rates are published for the chance of getting an item of a certain level.

this is the page from Benevolent Bowd as the Bethesda one wouldn't open for me

https://benevolentbowd.ca/games/esotu/eso-crown-crate-drop-rates/
    Soupy twist
  • licenturion
    licenturion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for this. Makes sense now because the free crates/pre-order crates are usually ouroboros.

I usually gem extract but by the time I have an apex mount like this probably ESO 3 is announced :p