Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Bonus character slot missing

honestaly
honestaly
Just logged in... 18/18 character slots.
I can buy 2 in the crown store, but I pre-purchased the Digital Delux version of this game, where is the one I'm supposed to get?
  • honestaly
    honestaly
    It gets worse, I logged out and back in. And now I can't buy any bonus character slots.
    Options
  • honestaly
    honestaly
    Ok... after logging out a 2nd time, now I can create one
    Options
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So, you log in, log out, log in again and the free slot is there?
    Options
  • Ian135791
    Ian135791
    Soul Shriven
    Seems that way mine is also fixed now.
    Options
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Just wanted to confirm this here. We've confirmed that new character slots are working but you may need to fully load into the game on one of your characters before it will appear. So, if you own Necrom and don't see the free character slot you expect, load into the game on a character then log back out and the free slot should be there.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Erissime
    Erissime
    ✭✭✭
    Well.... ANY character new slot missing!

https://prnt.sc/daMnKQLE7DHq

Reloging doesn't help! I had one slot, before the necrom launch, now despite the nrs, I SEE no slot! As for the new slot ( which should have busted my slots to 11) - no. Help?

Update. After loging another character in and loging it off the numbers do show up (characters 9/11 in my case). But NOT the slots themselves. Before there used to be like empty boxes saying "free character slot " on them, now... there's nothing! How do we create the new char?
    Edited by Erissime on June 5, 2023 2:06PM
    Options
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Erissime wrote: »
    Well.... ANY character new slot missing!

https://prnt.sc/daMnKQLE7DHq

Reloging doesn't help! I had one slot, before the necrom launch, now despite the nrs, I SEE no slot! As for the new slot ( which should have busted my slots to 11) - no. Help?

Update. After loging another character in and loging it off the numbers do show up (characters 9/11 in my case). But NOT the slots themselves. Before there used to be like empty boxes saying "free character slot " on them, now... there's nothing! How do we create the new char?

Thats odd, I've never seen empty boxes on my select screen even though I have unused character slots. The unused slots never displayed for me.

I've always had to just click "create character" and only then would I see the new character in the slot. Are you able to click the create button?
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
    Options
  • Erissime
    Erissime
    ✭✭✭

Thats odd, I've never seen empty boxes on my select screen even though I have unused character slots. The unused slots never displayed for me.

I've always had to just click "create character" and only then would I see the new character in the slot. Are you able to click the create button?

Then why do I remember I was seeing a box right bellow my 9 chars all of these months? Aaanyway - if that's bound to happen and none of my older chars will be deleted - then thank you!

Options
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Erissime wrote: »

Then why do I remember I was seeing a box right bellow my 9 chars all of these months? Aaanyway - if that's bound to happen and none of my older chars will be deleted - then thank you!

I'm not sure, It might be that there's a setting not toggled on mine that is on yours, which is displaying the boxes? Or perhaps it stops displaying the empty boxes after you have a certain number of characters. I have 12 characters and none of mine were ever deleted while creating a new character.

Also, logging on one of your existing characters will fix the issue where you don't see your character slots being counted on the login screen (It wont bring the empty boxes back though) so for instance if you have a new character slot, but are only seeing 9/9 characters, you should see 9/10 available characters when you relog.
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
    Options