The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Firesong Motifs

sparxys
sparxys
✭✭
Does anyone know when we're going to be able to obtain the Firesong motifs? I've been wanting to slap some of them on my characters for 4 months now, and I was really disappointed when they didn't drop with the new dungeon DLC.
Gib me funny itemz 💅 slay 💅
  • PrimeSeptim
    PrimeSeptim
    ✭✭✭
    I saw a data mine somewhere and it looks as if they'll be on the Crown Store at some point.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Firesong_Style
    "Style pages are intended to drop from Galen Volcanic Vents after Update 37, making the style currently uncraftable."

It says the same for the House Mornard style but from delve/group boss dailies instead.

Update 37 is Scribes of Fate apparently. So they should be dropping now?
  • sparxys
    sparxys
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_Adrikoth would you mind giving us some info on that? If you're able and allowed of course, thanks! <3

and @PrimeSeptim I thought they'd make the motifs available in update 37, but it doesn't seem to be the case which is odd. I would've loved to get the Firesong weapon motifs from all the grinding I did in Galen. :s
  • Dayhjawk
    Dayhjawk
    ✭✭✭
    I am really sick and tired of waiting 3-6months, for motifs to be added/drop from content, as new content is about to happen. Can we for the love of gawd, stop time-gating motifs!!!!! When the content drops, the motifs should too! When dungeons/trials come out, the motifs should drop then, not 3-6 months later... THIS IS A QOL that aneeds to happen.
  • sparxys
    sparxys
    ✭✭
    Dayhjawk wrote: »
    I am really sick and tired of waiting 3-6months, for motifs to be added/drop from content, as new content is about to happen. Can we for the love of gawd, stop time-gating motifs!!!!! When the content drops, the motifs should too! When dungeons/trials come out, the motifs should drop then, not 3-6 months later... THIS IS A QOL that aneeds to happen.

Exactly, I want to get my druidy items for my warden :(
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    i believe the achievements for Firesong and House Mornard got added to the game with update 37 so they will likely be released with update 37.
    maybe may
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • sparxys
    sparxys
    ✭✭
    Wasn't update 37 the scribes of fate dungeons update?

That's what made me think they should've been dropping now. Unless you meant update 39, since today's update was update 38 if I'm not mistaken.
  • Neriala
    Neriala
    ✭✭✭
    The Crown Crafting Motif: House Mornard will be available in the Crown Store on all platforms starting May 10, 2023, at 10AM EDT. The House Mornard Motif chapters, and very rarely the complete book, have a chance to drop from Galen Reward Coffers, awarded from completing the associated Galen Delve and World Boss daily quests from Juline Courcelles and Druid Gastoc.

so finally some info about House Mornard Motif but nothing about Firesong style, iirc the last years always both new styles were implemented at the same date? this not?? i think we waited long enough...some official information would really be nice, thanks
    Life is like a river. Wisdom is knowing when to paddle and when to float. There's a time to grab your paddle and forge your way ahead in life and there's a time to just chill, relax and just go with the flow.

• sparxys
    sparxys
    ✭✭
    Neriala wrote: »
    The Crown Crafting Motif: House Mornard will be available in the Crown Store on all platforms starting May 10, 2023, at 10AM EDT. The House Mornard Motif chapters, and very rarely the complete book, have a chance to drop from Galen Reward Coffers, awarded from completing the associated Galen Delve and World Boss daily quests from Juline Courcelles and Druid Gastoc.

so finally some info about House Mornard Motif but nothing about Firesong style, iirc the last years always both new styles were implemented at the same date? this not?? i think we waited long enough...some official information would really be nice, thanks

My hope is that they both will get released at the same time, but only the House Mornard will be in the Crown Store. If not, @ZOS_Kevin please let us know when the Firesong motifs will start dropping, I really really really really want em pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :disappointed:
  • BaalMelqartu
    BaalMelqartu
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm starting to get really confused as to why the Volcanic Vent dailies are being excluded from motifs again. I asked about this once in an official feedback thread but was never responded to there.
    -They even neglected to mention that the daily Vent/Harrowstorm/etc counted in Jubilee even though I tested and they did count.
    -So far, I see no point in doing the Galen volcanic vent dailies because every time they announce a new reward, they say you can only get them from daily delve and daily boss. This is true of the House Mornard style and it was true for the recently added druidic furnishing plans.
  • Faint_One
    Faint_One
    ✭✭✭
    sparxys wrote: »
    Neriala wrote: »

My hope is that they both will get released at the same time, but only the House Mornard will be in the Crown Store. If not, @ZOS_Kevin please let us know when the Firesong motifs will start dropping, I really really really really want em pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :disappointed:

Exactly!
  • sparxys
    sparxys
    ✭✭
    I'm starting to get really confused as to why the Volcanic Vent dailies are being excluded from motifs again. I asked about this once in an official feedback thread but was never responded to there.
    -They even neglected to mention that the daily Vent/Harrowstorm/etc counted in Jubilee even though I tested and they did count.
    -So far, I see no point in doing the Galen volcanic vent dailies because every time they announce a new reward, they say you can only get them from daily delve and daily boss. This is true of the House Mornard style and it was true for the recently added druidic furnishing plans.

The Firesong motifs will drop from vents directly instead of dailies, so I guess that's why?
  • Faint_One
    Faint_One
    ✭✭✭

The Firesong motifs will drop from vents directly instead of dailies, so I guess that's why?

so it still not drop yet right?
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't update 37 the scribes of fate dungeons update?

That's what made me think they should've been dropping now. Unless you meant update 39, since today's update was update 38 if I'm not mistaken.

update 38 releases in June.
    motifs nearly always don't drop until they release in the crown store.
    so still if it's in the crown store showcase you'll know when it releases and if not then hope for the next month

🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Neriala
    Neriala
    ✭✭✭
    tbh honest it's a bit disappointing, that no offical can give us some information :/
    its not top secret i guess and i can not understand why not both motifs were added at the same time
    Life is like a river. Wisdom is knowing when to paddle and when to float. There's a time to grab your paddle and forge your way ahead in life and there's a time to just chill, relax and just go with the flow.

• Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They want people to come back to the zones later on, not just at launch, so things like motifs get delayed.

For me this means I do not play through the zone with my various characters until everything is available, as to avoid wasting potential shiny drops.
    PC-EU
  • laniakea_0
    laniakea_0
    ✭✭✭✭
    Khenarthi wrote: »
    They want people to come back to the zones later on, not just at launch, so things like motifs get delayed.

For me this means I do not play through the zone with my various characters until everything is available, as to avoid wasting potential shiny drops.

Indeed. I try to do this as well, but it often sucks to lag behind. there is also the problem that there's usually an event set in the Chapter before all motifs are available, forcing you to buy it before then if you don't want to miss the rewards.
  • sparxys
    sparxys
    ✭✭
    laniakea_0 wrote: »
    Khenarthi wrote: »

Indeed. I try to do this as well, but it often sucks to lag behind. there is also the problem that there's usually an event set in the Chapter before all motifs are available, forcing you to buy it before then if you don't want to miss the rewards.

I really want the darn firesong helms, devs please 🥺
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We should all know by now that ZOS trickles these thing out for months after release of a new zone as a way to encourage people to return to older stale content. Going forward I'm just going to avoid new zones until EVERYTHING is released so that I can run the new content and farm ALL of the new motif pages at the same time.
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • laniakea_0
    laniakea_0
    ✭✭✭✭
    It wasn't always like this. Prior to Markarth, delaying a motif for some time after the DLC released was unheard of. it was the proper way to release it at the same time, the right way to do. There isn't even a good reason, like them having to still finish making it because the style is already in the game. it shows up in the Crafting library, oftentimes in the Achievements and many of the new set use the new styles as well. What ZOS is doing now is just disgraceful!
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    laniakea_0 wrote: »
    It wasn't always like this. Prior to Markarth, delaying a motif for some time after the DLC released was unheard of. it was the proper way to release it at the same time, the right way to do. There isn't even a good reason, like them having to still finish making it because the style is already in the game. it shows up in the Crafting library, oftentimes in the Achievements and many of the new set use the new styles as well. What ZOS is doing now is just disgraceful!

Agreed. If it's showing under achievements and in the lore library, then it should be available in game. Stop this nonsense of trickling content out over the course of 6-9 months. I can't say it enough. If ZOS just focused on making fun content, then people would play it without all of the shenanigans.

"Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don’t like the delayed release of motifs because you do not get the new style mats from deconning gear prior to the time the motifs are dropping. You get nothing and that is not fair. I complete the zone and get most of my gear before then, not later.

EDIT: typo
    Edited by katanagirl1 on June 1, 2023 5:14AM
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So it will be released 14th June, one week after release of whole new chapter...

Is it really best time for new motif from old content? It can't be scheduled in the way that we have all year motifs BEFORE release of next chapter?
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The Crown Crafting Motif: Firesong will be available in the Crown Store on all platforms starting June 14, at 10AM EDT. The Firesong chapters, and very rarely the complete book, have a chance to drop from Volcanic Vents in Galen, or from Galen Reward Coffers given by Druid Aishabeh in Vastyr, also in Galen.
    So it will be released 14th June, one week after release of whole new chapter...

Is it really best time for new motif from old content? It can't be scheduled in the way that we have all year motifs BEFORE release of next chapter?

I couldn't agree more. People are going to be excited to run new content and aren't going to be looking to farm OLD content for loot that should have been available months ago. Definitely a very short-sighted implementation.

• vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CGPsaint wrote: »
    The Crown Crafting Motif: Firesong will be available in the Crown Store on all platforms starting June 14, at 10AM EDT. The Firesong chapters, and very rarely the complete book, have a chance to drop from Volcanic Vents in Galen, or from Galen Reward Coffers given by Druid Aishabeh in Vastyr, also in Galen.

I couldn't agree more. People are going to be excited to run new content and aren't going to be looking to farm OLD content for loot that should have been available months ago. Definitely a very short-sighted implementation.
    It does seem odd from a marketing point of view. Won't ZOS sell fewer Firesong motifs due to the release timing, for this exact reason?
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'd think they'd push "Scribes of Mora" at Necrom launch due to everyone wanting to create an Arcanist. But if a large number of people hate it, then when it finally does show up, they will have many less sales because people won't want to be associated with that class anymore.

[snip]
    [edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on June 2, 2023 12:53PM
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • sparxys
    sparxys
    ✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    You'd think they'd push "Scribes of Mora" at Necrom launch due to everyone wanting to create an Arcanist. But if a large number of people hate it, then when it finally does show up, they will have many less sales because people won't want to be associated with that class anymore.

[snip]
    [edited for bashing]

Unfortunately i will probably end up farming the firesong motif during necrom w my arcanist because i really want that damned helm motif, it looks so cool like cmon zos :cry:
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Crown Crafting Motif: Firesong will be available in the Crown Store on all platforms starting June 14, at 10AM EDT.

The Firesong chapters, and very rarely the complete book, have a chance to drop from Volcanic Vents in Galen, or from Galen Reward Coffers given by Druid Aishabeh in Vastyr, also in Galen.

Source https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/64225

Edited by majulook on June 4, 2023 8:08PM
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • sparxys
    sparxys
    ✭✭
    majulook wrote: »
    The Crown Crafting Motif: Firesong will be available in the Crown Store on all platforms starting June 14, at 10AM EDT.

The Firesong chapters, and very rarely the complete book, have a chance to drop from Volcanic Vents in Galen, or from Galen Reward Coffers given by Druid Aishabeh in Vastyr, also in Galen.

Are the drops locked to 1 per day per account?
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    majulook wrote: »

Are the drops locked to 1 per day per account?

that's not something zos has ever said about another crafting motif so why does it matter?

🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • AlladdinSane
    AlladdinSane
    ✭✭
    No time limit on drops, I’ve got four in 15 minutes just now.