The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

worst quest in the game

Ringeren
Ringeren
✭✭
I bet many have claimed to have found the worst quest in the game before, but they are all wrong.
Worst quest is repeatable pvp quest "To the victor: Win 3 battleground matches".
That will take you an average of 9 games, which is over 2 hours of playtime.
Today i even got a shared win with 2 teams at 504 points, and IT DIDN'T COUNT.

Frustration level 11 out of 10.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is one I 100% quit and try to pick up another.

But, not the worst quest in the game, as far as completion is concerned.

The Cyrodil Daily Quest Capture Towns quest is the actual worst quest in game.

Why?

Well, unlike the BG quest, the Cyrodil capture town quest can quite literally be impossible to complete in a play session. Not talking 2 hours, or even 3. It could take DAYS to complete it. Because, unlike the capture keeps and resources quests, the town quest does not take into account faction ownership of the town before assigning it. So, if your alliance holds one of the towns you need every time you are on to play the game, you can literally never capture the town and the quest can never be reasonably completed.
  • bongtokin420insd16
    bongtokin420insd16
    ✭✭✭✭
    But that also assumes your alliance has that town in all of the open campaigns. At least on PS, that's a stretch. One faction usually rules each map, so there is a flip opportunity on 2. (Still annoying AF btw lol)

and why does it take you 9 matches? What platform.
    Kaz_Wastelander PS4NA
  • Ringeren
    Ringeren
    ✭✭
    and why does it take you 9 matches? What platform.

You need 3 wins, only one of the three teams can win. Assuming random teams are randomly good, makes it 1/3 chance to win so it will take average 9 games.

If you are crazy lucky with teams you can potentailly win in 3 games ofcourse, but you can also take 10 games to get one win.
  • wilykcat
    wilykcat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been stuck on that same pvp quest for 3 months 🙃. I only won one match out of the three that are required 😅
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

Why?

Well, unlike the BG quest, the Cyrodil capture town quest can quite literally be impossible to complete in a play session. Not talking 2 hours, or even 3. It could take DAYS to complete it. Because, unlike the capture keeps and resources quests, the town quest does not take into account faction ownership of the town before assigning it. So, if your alliance holds one of the towns you need every time you are on to play the game, you can literally never capture the town and the quest can never be reasonably completed.

If you want to game it, you can hop campaigns and capture it on another campaign assuming your faction doesn't own it on all campaigns. If you play on a non-locked campaign, you can capture a town on an alt then hop back to your main and grab it back.
  • BaggyGreen
    BaggyGreen
    ✭✭✭
    The worst quest in the game is Soul Shriven in Cold Harbour. The one where, once you've done it on a character, you really don't want to do it again, yet the game doesn't let you abandon it. Absolutely ridiculous.

Taken from a GREAT post on here, a number of years back, all the reasons people say it needs to remain stuck to everyone's accounts... and the excellent rebuttals for why those reasons are absolute freaking nonsense:

"But it's the main story. It's important"

Done it. Seen it. Got the t-shirt on about a dozen characters.

"But skill points"

Got plenty, thanks.

"Someone might drop it and not be able to find it again"

Quest giver marker. Hooded figure. Solved.

"Just do it. It takes 10 minutes"

No it doesn't, and it leads to Cadwell's Silver/Gold which certainly doesn't.

"Just ignore it"

Why should I have this distracting thing on my screen forever?

"This is a waste of developer time when there's lag"

The people who would implement this are not the engine coders who should be looking at the lag issues.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You could argue that the worst quests in the game are any with the name "To <insert location here>". You simply travel to that location by any method and talk to someone. End of quest. A bit of a waste of time. Quests like these should just be the 1st step of the quest that follows them.
    Edited by vsrs_au on June 21, 2023 9:30AM
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Stitches.

Up and down that canyon and its maze of bridges.

And it takes forever.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

Why?

Lol I was going to post the exact same quest. I've been PVPing for years and have yet to even try and complete this quest.
  • wilykcat
    wilykcat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The main story quest in Wardenfall
  • Mesite
    Mesite
    ✭✭✭✭
    BaggyGreen wrote: »
    The worst quest in the game is Soul Shriven in Cold Harbour. The one where, once you've done it on a character, you really don't want to do it again, yet the game doesn't let you abandon it. Absolutely ridiculous.

s.

I did the starter quest (again) the other day and I was really surprised when Ember came with me. I'm not sure how she sneaked into cold harbour but there she was stood behind Lyris, zapping the warden.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my worst would be 3 BG wins, 3 pvp tribute wins, or (at least until they reduce the number of ichors needed) bastion nymic dailies
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • ProudMary
    ProudMary
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To me it seems like the worst quests are the ones that have anything to do with Tales of Tribute. At least battlegrounds is actually playing the game.