The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Any word on being able to move the house spawn spot?

Mystic_wolf479
Mystic_wolf479
✭✭✭
Any word on being able to move the house spawn spot?

Best Answer

• ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, but there are two distinct options here. One is to just let us select which of multiple entrances is considered the main one, where guests will appear when they port in. The other is for a furnishing that places that entrance. The latter is a lot more work, especially as you can place furnishings outside the house, and the editor would have to prevent that.
    Answer ✓
  • Mystic_wolf479
    Mystic_wolf479
    ✭✭✭
    Anything would be nice.
    It seems like I always want to use the spot farthest away from the spawn spot lol.
    Maybe it’s a me thing.
  • j3z3b3l
    j3z3b3l
    ✭✭
    How about that and or the option to just remove the house and use the land to build on as a choice?
    J3zdaz XBOX One NA
  • derkaiserliche
    derkaiserliche
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Hakkvild's High Hall always comes to mind when i see this topic. I would never buy a house, where i would be forced to go through catacombs first haha

What house are you thinking about that needs an entrance change?
  • Giulietta
    Giulietta
    ✭✭✭
    I´d like to choose between multiple entrances too. When I port to my Sleek Creek House, it doesn´t spawn me at the (main!) entrance, the one facing the city.

I´d love to change that
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The Hakkvild's High Hall always comes to mind when i see this topic. I would never buy a house, where i would be forced to go through catacombs first haha

the other gate to that house seems a bit dangerous as falkreath hold is full of invading minotaurs and reachfolk currently
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Northwold
    Northwold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    No, but there are two distinct options here. One is to just let us select which of multiple entrances is considered the main one, where guests will appear when they port in. The other is for a furnishing that places that entrance. The latter is a lot more work, especially as you can place furnishings outside the house, and the editor would have to prevent that.

Yes also, eg, placing the entrance above water with slaughterfish so that the player continuously dies on entry and can't use their house.

That said, a movable entrance point is sorely needed given the absolutely huge house sizes.
  • MoonPile
    MoonPile
    ✭✭✭✭
    This would be incredible for the Hall of the Lunar Champion. Amazing home, but I'd love to port directly into one of the wings instead of going through 2 loading screens.
  • Mystic_wolf479
    Mystic_wolf479
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah this should be a thing by now.
    ZOS…Are you reading this?
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Would love to move the Pantherfang Chapel spawn point to the locked gate, so castle on the right and chapel on the left when someone zones in. Does it make sense when that part of the road is inaccessible because there's no zone there currently? No. Is it better than climbing stairs into the chapel where catacombs or a basement usually is, or wading through water to access the lower areas of the castle? Yes.

The only problem would be in preventing weird spawn points, like in my colossal grotto placing the spawn point out near the far edge of the water up on some rocks or something.
  • coftysweet
    coftysweet
    ✭✭
    j3z3b3l wrote: »
    How about that and or the option to just remove the house and use the land to build on as a choice?

Would be terrible for performance, since you have to calculate for each player which house is shown. That, or only one player can buy it like in FF, which is quite annoying imho.
    Sharp-as-Night: "Better luck next time! Oh, wait... " ]:)
  • Supreme_Atromancer
    Supreme_Atromancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »

the other gate to that house seems a bit dangerous as falkreath hold is full of invading minotaurs and reachfolk currently

Nah, me and some friends got together and drove them howling back to The Reach.