The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Scrivener's Hall book furnishings

jmccormick
jmccormick
✭✭✭
Why did they have to make the 21 new readable book furnishings from Scrivener's Hall Bind On Pickup??? These are gonna be a nightmare to try to get all 21!!! Ugh....Please tell me this was an accident and will be tradable in the future.....pretty please, ZOS?
  • Grendalism
    Grendalism
    ✭✭✭
    I guess this is by accident.

If you search in a Guild Trader for the Mora banner from SH vault it shows as a selectable (Tradable) item.
    Building stuff on EU-PS4 since 2015
  • jmccormick
    jmccormick
    ✭✭✭
    Good to know....hopefully they correct this because I've gotten 1 book out of 10 large keys.....abysmal drop rate, and gonna get dupes eventually....:(
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jmccormick wrote: »
    Good to know....hopefully they correct this because I've gotten 1 book out of 10 large keys.....abysmal drop rate, and gonna get dupes eventually....:(

So the books drop from the vault chests when you use keys? This thread is the first I’ve heard of it, and I love furnishings like this.

I’ve only got a few keys so far, this dungeon is terrible for group finder if you can’t find a premade group. So many times I give up after an hour or two of fake healers and fake tanks leaving and waiting for replacements. The mechanics are too complicated for group finder pugs with no mics to coordinate. Even when you do have mics it’s a huge mess.

When you do get a good group they don’t want to take the time to go through the klepto guys to even get keys, just speed running through the dungeon.

Before you ask, yes I am in a guild, people say they will run this with me but never follow through. So I queue.

EDIT: typo
    Edited by katanagirl1 on April 16, 2023 5:15AM
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is also a boulder and a cluster of rocks covered in green glowing stuff that drop from the chests, as well as the vault door. These furnishings are tradeable/sellable.
  • jmccormick
    jmccormick
    ✭✭✭
    That's the reason I'm hoping the BOP for the books and banners was a mistake....doesn't make any sense that some are tradable and others aren't.....anyone from ZOS have an answer for this before I waste all my ESO time trying to farm all 21 books? If it was a mistake, I can be patient until it's fixed....otherwise, I should probably start the endless grind now....:/
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those who got the book furnishings, did you get them from small or large chests? So far I have only gotten the vault door from a large chest and no other furnishings after using 30+ keys.
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a book from a small chest.
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a book from a small chest.

I’m about fifty keys in. Still no books :(
  • XoXJulietteXoX
    XoXJulietteXoX
    ✭✭✭
    Hi. I can confirm that you can get the Door and furnishings from SMALL Chests.
    d1jpe2s1upa5.jpg
  • XoXJulietteXoX
    XoXJulietteXoX
    ✭✭✭
    RevJJ wrote: »
    For those who got the book furnishings, did you get them from small or large chests? So far I have only gotten the vault door from a large chest and no other furnishings after using 30+ keys.

I have gotten 2 open books, The Journal of Emperor Leovic & In Dreams We Awaken & I got the Scrivener's Hall Vault Door from SMALL chests.
    housing_bre_inc_book_open001.webp
  • jmccormick
    jmccormick
    ✭✭✭
    Good to know the books can drop from small chests, but still hoping they remove the BOP status....50 keys and no books sounds awful....please change this ZOS! If all the furnishings were tradable, there would probably be more appeal to do this dung after the stickerbook fills!
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ive gotten 3 of the extra long mora banners, which were also bind on pickup

as far as im aware, only the vault door is NOT bind on pickup

i personally see it as a bug, but i have not seen anything to confirm it is or is not a bug
    Edited by Necrotech_Master on May 24, 2023 3:36PM
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • HappyTheCamper
    HappyTheCamper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are the banners and vault doors tradable through guild traders on Xbox NA? I’ve tried to search them up and the option for most of them doesn’t even appear.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are the banners and vault doors tradable through guild traders on Xbox NA? I’ve tried to search them up and the option for most of them doesn’t even appear.

the vault door is tradeable, but it is also very rare

i have some extra long banners, but they were bind on pickup and not tradeable
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, the consensus is,
    Books and banners are NOT tradable
    Vault door and green glowing rocks ARE tradable
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m 64 keys in and have gotten zero books, zero banners, one rock and one vault door.

@ZOS_Kevin could we get some feedback on whether it’s intended that only the vault door and rocks are unbound?
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m up to 86 keys now. I have completed the full stickerbook (apart from monster set shoulders).

Still 1 door, 1 rock, 0 books, 0 banners.

Was the drop rate determined by the same person who came up with the water node lead for the Harpooner’s kilt? This is ridiculous.
    Edited by RevJJ on May 28, 2023 4:20PM
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thats some wacky luck

ive used maybe 40 keys in total, and gotten 3 banners (but no other furnishings)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    101 keys. 0 books, 0 banners. Wanted to use them for a house for my new arcanist but I give up. I guess the 101 stands for “how to make players hate a dungeon”. It was my main reason to get this DLC and I honestly wish I could get a refund.

@ZOS_Kevin - please consider making these furnishings unbound.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for your key use, is it mostly small or large keys?

i think the large keys have a higher chance of dropping the furnishings
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for your key use, is it mostly small or large keys?

i think the large keys have a higher chance of dropping the furnishings

Probably about 40 large and 60 small keys.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm completely confused. What keys? What chests?
    PCNA
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm completely confused. What keys? What chests?

in scriveners hall dungeon, if you kill the scamp minibosses (they are called cartoklepts and are in side areas in the deadlands realm and spiral skein realm, 1 per realm), they drop a key (small for normal, large for vet)

these can be used to open chests inside of the vault (after you kill the first mob in the dungeon, you hang right and there is a path to the vault)

there are 20 small and 20 large chests in the dungeon instance, and if you open all 20 of either large or small, it spawns an additional scamp miniboss (cartoklept queen) which if its your first time killing it, drops a special map that makes you go to the rift (like a normal treasure map) and upon digging it up you get a memento unlock which when used in the deadlands and spiral skein sections of the scrivener dungeon reveal where the cartoklept is on that section (without guessing which side path its down)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the explanation. I've only run this dungeon once and didn't know anything about this.
    PCNA
  • jmccormick
    jmccormick
    ✭✭✭
    RevJJ wrote: »
    101 keys. 0 books, 0 banners. Wanted to use them for a house for my new arcanist but I give up. I guess the 101 stands for “how to make players hate a dungeon”. It was my main reason to get this DLC and I honestly wish I could get a refund.

@ZOS_Kevin - please consider making these furnishings unbound.

Damn! That makes me want to quit trying, as well! I've gotten 1 book from 10 large keys and nothing from 21 small keys, so I guess I should be thankful for 1 of the 21 different books!
  • jmccormick
    jmccormick
    ✭✭✭
    Update....10 large keys and 25 small keys = 2 books now!
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Those of you who got furnishing books, are they all unique or did you get duplicates? Since they are bound, getting duplicates would seem to me to reinforce that it is a bug.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• jmccormick
    jmccormick
    ✭✭✭
    I've only gotten the 2 different books; 1 from large keys and 1 from small keys...no other furnishings
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jmccormick wrote: »
    Update....10 large keys and 25 small keys = 2 books now!

Well at least they are dropping for some people. I’m at 109 keys and still 0.
  • XoXJulietteXoX
    XoXJulietteXoX
    ✭✭✭
    Those of you who got furnishing books, are they all unique or did you get duplicates? Since they are bound, getting duplicates would seem to me to reinforce that it is a bug.

They are bound, you do get duplicates, but I have not yet.