The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Unable to Loot Some Kills

c363b
c363b
✭✭✭
As I was going through Betnikh, killing wolves and crabs, the kills would turn yellow and show the normal E prompt. For most of the kills nothing happened when I pressed E while while targeting the kill, but some did loot normally. Some that still were yellow as I went back past them did loot, though I did nothing different with them.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on June 20, 2023 7:37PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Long standing bug. Probably one they will never fix. Anyway... Sometimes, you have to be at the proper angle, and other times you need to loot another body with Area Loot turned on.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • NoxiousBlight
    NoxiousBlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try /reloadui

Very old bug and that usually fixes it for me. The problem is they die on your screen in a spot that is very far away from where the server thinks they died. The reload of the ui fixes it.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I usually cannot loot the 3-headed world boss in Galen. Walking away for approximately 100 meters, then back allows me to loot it. I don't know why. Your last sentence sounds like you had the same effect.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Try a roll dodge.
    2. Walk a distance away, enough to lose line of sight.
    3. Port to a wayshrine or other player in the zone. This is only worth it for boss loot
    4. Reloadui (may not be worth it for mobs)
    5. Relog (boss loot)
    6. Kill something else near the corpse, may be able to loot all then.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the cases i see this bugging out is usually when killing an enemy while they are in the middle of a jump or knockback animation

so the chimera in galen is a good example, it does these big jumps, if it dies in the middle of a jump, the visible corpse location and the game tracked corpse location become de-synced, so if you did a quick logout/login the corpse should still be lootable but you would likely notice that the location of where you saw the corpse would change

for normal enemies the most common cause of this is getting killed by or during a knockback animation
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bar swapping sometimes helps, too
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    1. Try a roll dodge.

This is what works for me.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • TybaltKaine
    TybaltKaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the cases i see this bugging out is usually when killing an enemy while they are in the middle of a jump or knockback animation

so the chimera in galen is a good example, it does these big jumps, if it dies in the middle of a jump, the visible corpse location and the game tracked corpse location become de-synced, so if you did a quick logout/login the corpse should still be lootable but you would likely notice that the location of where you saw the corpse would change

for normal enemies the most common cause of this is getting killed by or during a knockback animation

Just wanted to add that some set effects can cause issues too. I've had mobs die in Dark Convergence that were left lying in inaccessible locations thanks to the pull. I've also seen mobs get stuck in the air during the fight because of DC.
    • Tybalt Kaine Khajiit Nightblade Aldmeri Dominion
    • PC/NA
    • Guildmaster- Lucky Raven
    • Knight of Marrow - Blackfeather Academy
    • Adepti- The Witches Goblet
    • Dragon Frog - Butterscotch Dragon Frog
    • "Nightblade healer huh? How does that work?"
    • "I drain the blood of our enemies and fire it into you. It's a lot less messy than it sounds, and yeah I'm basically a Vampire without the whole AGH FIRE BAD"
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just wanted to add that some set effects can cause issues too. I've had mobs die in Dark Convergence that were left lying in inaccessible locations thanks to the pull. I've also seen mobs get stuck in the air during the fight because of DC.

yeah i think pulls fall under the same issue as knockbacks, any type of positional movement when the enemy dies can cause their corpse to desync (i think visually it shows the enemy corpse dropping immediately where they ran out of hp, but the game still processes the movement (pull or kb) which is why the visual location of the corpse and the actual corpse can become desynced)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014