The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Moon Hunter Keep never comes up when I queue for it

SilverBride
SilverBride
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I was never much for doing dungeons, especially DLC ones, but I have been working on my characters and felt more prepared, so I thought I would give it a try. So far I have completed all of the base game dungeons on Normal and Veteran and all the DLC dungeons on Normal except Moon Hunter Keep.

I queue for it but it never comes up. I've waited as long as an hour and a half before giving up, when other dungeons have been taking 10 to 15 minutes on average. I googled and read that it is very difficult compared to the others and wonder if this is the reason... because maybe no one else is queuing for it.

Has anyone else had a similar experience with this dungeon?
Edited by SilverBride on May 31, 2023 4:52AM
PCNA
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    As it was popping up pretty frequently quite recently for me when doing normals I'd guess it's post big event fatigue and not enough people queue for harder ones specifically and not enough random queuers to fill all the gaps overall.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been choosing it specifically. Maybe I should just queue for the daily random normal and see if it pops up that way.

Thanks.
    PCNA
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MHK is one of the dungeons that isn’t run very often on vet (others being BRF, DoM, etc.) let alone on normal. I’m not sure any of the sets there are worth anything. That said, I could help if you need, think we’re on the same server. I don’t know how to do the dungeon on normal (not to flex, this causes problems with pugs because strats differ) but I do know how to do it mechanically.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only reason I want it is because it's the only dungeon I haven't done. I appreciate the offer to help, thank you. I may have to try to put a group together if it doesn't pop for me soon.
    PCNA
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only reason I want it is because it's the only dungeon I haven't done. I appreciate the offer to help, thank you. I may have to try to put a group together if it doesn't pop for me soon.

It doesn't require a high-powered group in normal mode. @DarcyMardin and I duoed it recently.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's good to know. I'll ask some friends if they will help.

But I still don't understand why just this one dungeon never pops when I queue for it.
    PCNA
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if your playing as a dps, queuing for a "harder" dlc dungeon like one of the wolfhunter ones on a day that it is not a pledge, then ill just say good luck lol

if your playing as a tank, you can queue for pretty much any dungeon you want at any time and get a near instant queue pop

it is possible to solo this dungeon, though it can be tricky in some areas (i did it as a dps with a tank companion, the only parts i really died was where the spriggans turn you into a skeever for like 20 sec, and some instances with the WW behemoths because they hit hard lol)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I seriously doubt that I could solo it. I do fine soloing base game dungeons but the DLCs have more mechanics and are more difficult in general. But I may go in solo just to see how far I can get. :#
    PCNA
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    march of sacrifices is harder to solo than moon hunter keep (because of the first 3-enemy boss, the one which has the negate field also makes it so companions do nothing and cannot use skills)

if you needed help clearing this dungeon i could help run it tonight (at work right now, probably be in game around 8pm eastern)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the offer to help. I'll see what happens today and go from there.
    PCNA
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MHK is not that fun a dungeon and its helmet isn't as good as it used to be so there is no real purpose to run it on vet as much as something like Shipwrights' Regret. Try to queue for MHK when it is a pledge
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It finally popped for me today. The first time took 35 minutes but someone declined. 10 minutes later it popped again and I was able to complete it.

It was one of the worst runs I've been in because the "healer" refused to heal anyone and said "Every man for himself." But we got through it anyway.
    PCNA
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    at least you were able to get it completed lol

if you needed to run any other dungeons i dont mind helping with that

usually find it less painful to solo them than use the queue lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It finally popped for me today. The first time took 35 minutes but someone declined. 10 minutes later it popped again and I was able to complete it.

It was one of the worst runs I've been in because the "healer" refused to heal anyone and said "Every man for himself." But we got through it anyway.

Wow, that's some statement for sure.

Glad to hear you managed to complete the dungeon anyways.
    Never get between a cat and it's candy!
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. It's not that hard.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it hadn't been that dungeon I would have voted to kick the "healer", but after all the trouble getting there I didn't want to have to queue again and risk not completing it.
    Edited by SilverBride on June 1, 2023 2:01AM
    PCNA