The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

The Ability to buy specialty products with crowns as an option.

Tahlavos17
Hello,

I know this might be a topic that will be heavily skewed towards the negative side of things, but I think Crown Store products that cost Crown Gems or Seals of Endeavors should have an optional cost that is in Crowns for new players who really don't have the accumulation of either Crown Gems or Seals of Endeavors. These products could cost more in Crowns as to their basic costs of the two other currency. I know this would increase sales of Crowns on any of ESO's platforms. Yes this may mean that those of us with a ESO Plus membership would need to have a discounted price for these products, but it wouldn't hurt the overall game. I think this would boost the sales of Crowns for new players alongside for those who wish to buy ESO Plus for added benefits.

What are your mates thoughts on this subject??
Edited by ZOS_Icy on May 28, 2023 3:01PM
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I can't imagine anyone who would be against this change. I for myself would support this in any case.

Except zos of course, as it would practically kill off crate sales, which are an important part of their business model actually. That's why I think it will never happen.
    Never get between a cat and it's candy!
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. It's not that hard.
  • Tahlavos17
    Braffin wrote: »
    I can't imagine anyone who would be against this change. I for myself would support this in any case.

Except zos of course, as it would practically kill off crate sales, which are an important part of their business model actually. That's why I think it will never happen.

Well, I don't think ZOS would be too against the idea since they will still make money. This would be beneficial to new players while the veteran players could still be given that option. I strongly think here in the next few years there maybe a change with how Crown Crates / Loot Boxes and what not will be perceived within gaming entirely.
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I definitely would have spent more if stuff wasn't locked behind a gambling system and I could directly buy what I wanted.
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd buy a lot more from the crown store if so much of it wasn't restricted to crown crates (which I will never buy, because I don't gamble with real money).

There are some things which start off in the crown store as direct purchase items then are removed and later reappear in crown crates (meaning they're also available for gems and seals). I'm not sure if it's ever gone the other way, with items that were first available in a crate later being sold directly on the crown store, but it might have happened. I think they make sure the items aren't available in both places at the same time though, and the apex and radiant items are always exclusive to the crates.

I suspect a lot of players would prefer the option to just buy stuff directly (not just new players) but it's more profitable for ZOS if people will throw money at loot boxes imagining they might eventually get lucky. Gems and seals are both compensation systems, designed to make the loot boxes appear more tolerable, ZOS would always prefer we gamble so they're never going to offer something as simple as just buying the items you want from the current crates.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"