Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PvP BG Build for my 7-year old ?

raasdal
raasdal
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey Everybody!

Anyone got some idea on a super easy to use, 1-2 clicks (like left and right mousebutton only) builds?

Right off the top of my head i am thinking;

Oakensoul is a given and just one bar. He can't keep up any buffs, so that one is easy. But for the build type;

Onebar Templar with Sweeps and the templar gapcloser, and maybe breath of life. So just gapclose and spam until death

Heavyattack lightning staff build with everything into health recovery. Same as above but with some distance to it. Probably just not gonna get any kills - last i was here, heavy attack builds needed some setup in terms of buffs and debuffs.

Bow Sniper - pure glass cannon and hoping to lucky snipe someone from crouch.

Am i missing any obvious routes here ?
PC - EU
Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oakensoul corrosive Dk, perfect class for a 7 year old
    Edited by Syiccal on May 29, 2023 8:02PM
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heavy attack and health recovery builds have been pretty nerfed for PvP specifically, but there are some heavy attack sets.

Also, you can slot Flare for passive Major Protection now.

Templar jabbies sounds solid, but melee is riskier. Sweeps has been nerfed enough that I stopped seeing this, but it still works.

Could also try petsorc zoo build. Slap on a tanky set (Mara's Balm/Aetherial Ascension?) and Mad Tinkerer. I think a 7-year-old would get a big kick out of watching the little dinosaur knock people into the air like bowling pins lol. Plus they heal teammates when healing themselves with Matriarch.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I thought the game was 18+ and/or rated M.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    disintegr8 wrote: »
    I thought the game was 18+ and/or rated M.

BGs can have a very toxic vibe
  • CompM4s
    CompM4s
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just turn off voice and text chat. Any one bar build will be fine. Maybe even a onebar tank build, to keep the kid alive longer.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oaken 1 bar would work, but not for heavy attack dmg, as empower (and coming with necrom, some of the HA sets) will not work on players

if they were a templar, a 1 bar beamplar type build could probably work, the other way that would be easy is a warden because they are already inherently tanky
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've probably screeched at a kid that doesn't know how to play Team Deathmatch. Now I feel bad.

Yeah make sure chat is completely disabled :smile:
    PC NA
  • Kaysha
    Kaysha
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thta´s a cool question. Max efficiency with 2 buttons.
    1 defensiv
    1 offensiv

1 defensiv has to be a fail safe get out of jail free card, like streak or mistform
    1 offensiv has to be something with range and good effects. Repeatable meteor would be cool

I think you have to teach the 3rd button for the heal :smile:

That would leave templar with drak flare and sorc with frags.
    Setup probably Maras for autoheal (even with it being nerfed) and an autobuff like Night Mother´s Gaze?
    add in one piese of trainee and Oakenoul and you´re good to go. Don´t forget 3x swift.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't do BGs, or really PvP at all.

That said, my first thought is a healer build, rather than something designed to be particularly damaging.

Could go heavy attack resto, despite the uselessness of Empower. That way he doesn't have to do arithmetic about sustain.

Pet attack sorcerer maybe, and try for some kill stealing with Mage's Wrath/Endless Fury.

Umm -- in PvE is it a good or bad thing for your team to toss some cc such as the Mad Tinkerer proc or the Unstable Familiar special skill?
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "Pet attack sorcerer maybe, and try for some kill stealing with Mage's Wrath/Endless Fury."

This

Fury/wrath, force pulse, matriarch, crystal weapon, elusive mist, overload

Oakensoul + kvatch gladiator + spinners (if pen is desired / draugrkin (if pressure is desired) / mara's balm or hist sap (if defense is desired) / wretched vitality (if more sustain is desired)

If you need more specifics than that, tag me
    Edited by gariondavey on June 2, 2023 2:17PM
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NB definitely fits the profile.

A week one nb can achieve better results than top tier veteran pvp’ers on other classes
  • pedrogonzalez
    pedrogonzalez
    ✭✭
    At first you may tell your 7 years old what teabag means. Because if I see heavy attack builds in bg I always give that reward for them. And I think I am not the only one.
  • Liguar
    Liguar
    ✭✭✭✭
    At first you may tell your 7 years old what teabag means. Because if I see heavy attack builds in bg I always give that reward for them. And I think I am not the only one.

Charming.

Perhaps you should reconsider what you've told this person to explain to a child.

Teabagging is not something to brag about, even when you believe the recipient is an adult.
  • bachpain
    bachpain
    ✭✭✭✭
    @raasdal
    My 7yo plays BGs with me and he loves playing his Oakensoul 1 Bar DK. We gave him Mara's Balm 5 piece, 2 pc Bloodspawn monster set, and 1 piece trainee, 1 piece druid's braid. For a weapon we let him pick what weapon he wanted from the 4 man arenas (because the 4 man arenas were another activity he liked doing with us). The Master's staff worked pretty well giving him an offensive boost, and the sword n board made him almost invincible if people got close enough for pierce armor. This setup gave him some flexibility in playstyle and we could put skills on his par to buff passively the skills he could reach easier on his keys that he could get to. The main skills we tried to get him to get used to in BGs was hitting Resolving vigor every so often, and being ready with his offensive skill that accompanied his weapon, and of course coagulating blood for a burst heal. We tried to get him to use Corrosive Armor, but he is 7 and couldn't resist the leap LOL. Hee also fell in love with the flame whip, and fiery breath animations so it got him interested in using those skills. That was the biggest thing to get him to do more, was finding things HE thought looked cool doing, and he wanted to do them to other players and shout "Dad, did you see that!?" I haven't played post Necrom and not sure if I am going to any time soon I hear Hist Sap might be a better play now for such situations YMMV.
    Edited by bachpain on June 6, 2023 12:39PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    perfect answer @bachpain :)
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • pedrogonzalez
    pedrogonzalez
    ✭✭
    Liguar wrote: »

Charming.

Perhaps you should reconsider what you've told this person to explain to a child.

Teabagging is not something to brag about, even when you believe the recipient is an adult.

It’s just one of the ways to say that we have a very big playerbase that think that heavyattack builds should not exist.
  • N3CR01
    N3CR01
    ✭✭✭✭
    Liguar wrote: »

Charming.

It’s just one of the ways to say that I am an elitist who thinks I have the right to tell peoples how to play a video game and I think that heavyattack builds should not exist.

• SandandStars
    SandandStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DK with Engine Guardian, running Undeath.

Your kid will destroy all non-DKs! 😁