The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Anyone else getting the BSOD recently?

Davedipy04
I don't have any overclocks, just all stock settings. I have played many other games and benchmarks like cinebench, 3DMARK, etc.... and all have passed with no crashes or BSOD. ESO has only just recently been doing this too.

PC specs:
mobo: Msi carbon z790
ram: DDR5 7600mhz c34
gpu: 4090
nvme: 990 pro 2tb
Edited by ZOS_Bill on June 29, 2023 5:29PM
Xbox NA: 1600cp
PC NA: 1150cp
PvP Healer
  • ixthUA
    ixthUA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nowadays gpus are being sold with factory overclock, which may be unstable. For 4090 default core clock is 2235 mhz, I'd start with that, and if it keeps crashing probably need a replacement.
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    First off: Awesome pc!!! What PSU are you using for that 4090? 1000W?

Haven't had any problems, but make sure to update all your drivers(and check from which motherboard bios version it fully supports your CPU, only update it if needed. Be very very very careful when updating the bios though!!Or let an expert do this for you), and check the nvidia forums to see what GPU driverversion you should use. The most recent nvidia driver versions have apparently been causing problems with the 4090 in some/many/all games. (keeping an eye on this myself, as I am thinking of getting a 4090)

The only time I ever got a BSOD in ESO, was when my bios drivers were outdated. Which I suspect is your issue as well, due to all your hardware being so incredibly new! Again, be very very very careful when updating your bios and only do this if it is really needed, or let an expert do this! Check all your other drivers and other possible issues first.

PS: You should find the motherboard bios version info and from which version your cpu is supported on the website from the motherboard manufacturer.
    PPS: As all your other games work fine, there is no reason to suspect a faulty GPU.
  • ixthUA
    ixthUA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a gpu that would crash like once a week, tried many solutions but none helped, then i lowered core frequency from factory overclock to default and it solved crashes. Now the first thing i do with new gpus is remove factory overclock.
    Also, 12th and 13th gen intel cpus bend due to overheat, make sure you have anti bend frame installed.
  • wilykcat
    wilykcat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Out of curiosity what kind of BSOD or stop error code are you getting?

• ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    We recommend that you make sure all your system drivers and Windows is fully up to date. You should also check to ensure all fans are working properly in the system to avoid overheating.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post