The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Request] Crafting requirements should be removed from motifs that still have them

Kendaric
Kendaric
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Could we please get the requirements removed from the motifs that still have them (e.g. Yokudan, Barbaric, Primal)? They made sense when ESO was released, but they serve no purpose other than to annoy people now.
It may not matter for many older players, but new(er) players would definitely benefit from having the requirements removed.

Edit: As an alternative, motifs with requirements could at least be changed to work like furniture/provisioning recipes (can be read and learned just not crafted without meeting the requirement).
That should at least unlock their respective outfit styles for use since they are gained when a player learns the motif.

Edit 2: This would bring the motifs in line with the rest of the motifs that have no such requirement such as motif pages gained from dungeons or through DLC delve/world boss dailies.

The following motifs have requirements (there may be more):

Alliance styles (rank 10 crafting)
Ancient elf (rank 8 crafting)
Barbaric (rank 7 crafting)
Buoyant Armiger (rank 19 crafting)
Celestial (rank 10 crafting)
Daedic (rank 9 crafting)
Draugr (rank 10 crafting)
Dwemer (rank 9 crafting)
Mercenary (rank 9 crafting)
Primal (rank 6 crafting)
Xivkyn (rank 9 crafting)
Yokudan (rank 9 crafting)

Could this be forwarded to the appropriate devs, @ZOS_Kevin ?
Edited by Kendaric on May 26, 2023 8:12PM
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • El_Borracho
      El_Borracho
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Agreed. The funny part is that if you have a CP160+ character, you have effectively unlocked all of the motifs on all characters through the outfit station. While you can't craft gear in that style, you can certainly wear it in an outfit
    • Hapexamendios
      Hapexamendios
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      It is rather antiquated at this point.
    • ZOS_Phoenix
      Greetings,

After review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic (Crafting, as this topic is regarding crafting motifs and crafting rank requirements).

Thank you for your understanding.
      Staff Post
    • vsrs_au
      vsrs_au
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Agreed. The funny part is that if you have a CP160+ character, you have effectively unlocked all of the motifs on all characters through the outfit station. While you can't craft gear in that style, you can certainly wear it in an outfit
      I'm no expert on this, but doesn't "learning" a motif page, i.e. adding it to the Item Sets aka stickerbook, reduce the outfit station cost for applying that style?
      PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
    • phaneub17_ESO
      phaneub17_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      vsrs_au wrote: »
      I'm no expert on this, but doesn't "learning" a motif page, i.e. adding it to the Item Sets aka stickerbook, reduce the outfit station cost for applying that style?

Nope. Purely artificial, styles that are 750 will always be that cost, 1000, 1500, or 3000 all are arbitrary based on what the devs want them to be.
    • Daoin
      Daoin
      ✭✭✭
      so you want to make and wear the armours styles while being a novice crafter at 0 crafting skill level ? is kind of like saying i want to make the best potions but dont want learn how
      Edited by Daoin on May 26, 2023 12:40PM
    • Kendaric
      Kendaric
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Daoin wrote: »
      so you want to make and wear the armours styles while being a novice crafter at 0 crafting skill level ? is kind of like saying i want to make the best potions but dont want learn how

No, it is about getting rid of an old relic from a time when ESO was very different. Back then, you had a linear progression through the zones and it made sense to have certain motifs require certain skill levels, such as Craglorn being an endgame zone having motifs that require rank 9 or 10.

That system doesn't exist anymore and the majority of motifs do not require anything. What I want is getting rid of the inconsistencies between the motifs, especially when it comes to their use in the outfitter.

And for the record... I have several characters with rank 10 in multiple crafting skills, so I'm not really affected either way.
      Edited by Kendaric on May 26, 2023 1:47PM
        PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
      • Braffin
        Braffin
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭
        Kendaric wrote: »
        Could we please get the requirements removed from the motifs that still have them (e.g. Yokudan, Barbaric, Primal)? They made sense when ESO was released, but they serve no purpose other than to annoy people now.
        It may not matter for many older players, but new(er) players would definitely benefit from having the requirements removed.

Edit: As an alternative, motifs with requirements could at least be changed to work like furniture/provisioning recipes (can be read and learned just not crafted without meeting the requirement).
        That should at least unlock their respective outfit styles for use since they are gained when a player learns the motif.

Edit 2: This would bring the motifs in line with the rest of the motifs that have no such requirement such as motif pages gained from dungeons or through DLC delve/world boss dailies.

The following motifs have requirements (there may be more):

Alliance styles (rank 10 crafting)
        Ancient elf (rank 8 crafting)
        Barbaric (rank 7 crafting)
        Buoyant Armiger (rank 19 crafting)
        Celestial (rank 10 crafting)
        Daedic (rank 9 crafting)
        Draugr (rank 10 crafting)
        Dwemer (rank 9 crafting)
        Primal (rank 6 crafting)
        Xivkyn (rank 9 crafting)
        Yokudan (rank 9 crafting)

Could this be forwarded to the appropriate devs, @ZOS_Kevin ?

Completely with you on this topic.

If you're aiming for a complete list of affected motifs you may also want add this:

Motif 19: Mercenary Style (rank 9 crafting)
        Never get between a cat and it's candy!
        ---
        Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. It's not that hard.
      • kringled_1
        kringled_1
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭

I think you have the cost reduction for set reconstruction mixed up with outfits here.
      • vsrs_au
        vsrs_au
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        kringled_1 wrote: »

I think you have the cost reduction for set reconstruction mixed up with outfits here.
        Yes, it looks like I did, thanks for the info.
        PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
      • LunaFlora
        LunaFlora
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭

you don't have to get a character to level 160+ to have the ability to use the outfit station on different characters. you can learn motifs and customise your outfit at any level.
        miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
        "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
        🦬🦌🐰
        PlayStation and PC EU.
        LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
        LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
      • El_Borracho
        El_Borracho
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        LunaFlora wrote: »

you don't have to get a character to level 160+ to have the ability to use the outfit station on different characters. you can learn motifs and customise your outfit at any level.

Ahh, yes. I confused the set levels for motifs. You are correct!