The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Does the Oakensoul ring Glenumbra lead actually work?

Borgorad
Borgorad
Soul Shriven
I have been harvesting blacksmithing nodes for two weeks and still have not got the lead. On the upside, I'll probably never have to harvest rubedite again
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on May 23, 2023 1:24AM
  • aaisoaho
    aaisoaho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just farmed all the leads (except Volcanic Vents) for the oakensoul ring this morning and did get the lead from Glenumbra ores. This makes me believe you have been unlucky. Wish I could pass some lead luck to you. 😄
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've found this lead twice, and it didn't take long either time. The second one was actually unintended (wasn't looking for it), and it popped on my first Glenumbra ore node after I completed my first ring.
    I was not nearly as lucky with some of the other leads, especially the one from completing Volcanic Vents.

(I don't actually intend on farming all of the leads a second time... the Murkmire one just saps all of my goodwill toward the human race).
    Edited by Grizzbeorn on July 22, 2022 8:36AM
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • OsUfi
      OsUfi
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      The ore lead took me hours to find. RNG was not with me that day.
    • Orvor
      Orvor
      I have farmed about 20-25k ore nodes in Glenumbra and no lead. This is the last lead for me. I am sure this has to be bugged. Impossible that weeks of farming and thousands of nodes and no lead.
    • FeedbackOnly
      FeedbackOnly
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Orvor wrote: »
      I have farmed about 20-25k ore nodes in Glenumbra and no lead. This is the last lead for me. I am sure this has to be bugged. Impossible that weeks of farming and thousands of nodes and no lead.

Try during dead hours, sounds like people are getting your luck
    • Ratzkifal
      Ratzkifal
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I got it on my 3rd node. So unless ZOS broke something it definitely works. It's just... inconsistent as always.
      This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
    • Personofsecrets
      Personofsecrets
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      @Orvor @Borgorad

Make sure to check your active leads to see if you had already gotten.

I too was farming this lead forever and then found that it had showed up in my active leads at some point. I'm not sure, but I think that maybe the notification of getting the lead may not always work.
      Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
    • TaSheen
      TaSheen
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I got one on the first node (I was actually there for the alchemy survey) on one account. Another one took me 7 days of farming every node I could find for hours each day. The third one I finally gave up on trying on the main on that account, and used a lowbie without antiquities - she got it on her fifth node.

Sometimes leads drop better for characters who haven't learned the antiquities skill, I've found. Since leads are account wide, it doesn't matter who finds them.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
    • Dawnblade
      Dawnblade
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Just as a watched pot never boils, an MMO item with a low RNG chance won't drop if you are actively seeking it (I have the blacksmithing and some other lead for Oakensoul just playing the game - probably would have none if I were seeking leads).

Also glad I didn't pick up High Isles and go after this ring - power leveling antiquities would drive me insane (I'm slowly leveling it atm), getting the leads sound terrible (especially the Murkmire one), and then once you've wasted a few weeks of your life, they nerf the heck out of it.

Edited by Dawnblade on July 22, 2022 2:40PM
    • goldenarcher1
      goldenarcher1
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Trying as many builds as possible with Oaken on live before the Lost Deeps patch nerf.

Next up is Master's 2 Hander pvp ball buster build. :p

j18ebhP.png
    • Orvor
      Orvor
      @Dawnblade great logic. So any mythic that comes into the game - don’t try look for it. Play the game and one day by chance you’ll get the lead, but only when you’re not looking for it.
    • Orvor
      Orvor
      @Personofsecrets yh this happened to me in Greymoor with malacath. Never again ;)
    • Orvor
      Orvor
      So, I’ve used a combination of 4-5 characters to dark the final Glenumbra lead, have been farming almost daily since launch, have about 20-25k nodes under my belt and no lead. I’ve farmed at busy and quiet times and regularly check if I already have the lead. Nothing, nada. The kilt was painful- this is a joke. And considering the amount of money I’ve spent on this game ZOS should be giving this ring to me. It’s a kick in the teeth and makes me question how I spend my time. I’m not doing daily writs and waiting for a Glenumbra survey map so I can try this route as it’s worked for others.
    • Riptide
      Riptide
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I got it for the wife and I pretty quickly.

I’d try closing the game, logging back in. Zoning between zones several times.

I’m not saying that sort of thing works, but it is what I do when rng must be placated :)

-edit to remove joke, never know around here
      Edited by Riptide on July 23, 2022 6:44AM
      Esse quam videri.
    • Zodiarkslayer
      Zodiarkslayer
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Tl,dr: I am fairly certain, that after they patched it, there is a bonus chance to the drop chances, that itself has a 3 to 6 hour cooldown. I do not know if there is a flat increase to drop chance or if there are additional dice rolls. But there is definitely a cooldown.

I have two Oakensouk rings excavated, atm. The first from before they changed the patch, where they changed the drops and one after.
      For the first I had to do a little bit of farming every time (The Murkmire lead was okay, got it on the fourth advanced lockbox). But the second ring was weird. The lava vents lead dropped while doing High Isle dailies.
      The a day later I was in Murkmire to purchase from guild traders and I thought, what's the harm? Let's check the lockboxes. And viola! On my first unopened Advanced lockbox I got the lead.
      But then I decided to push my luck and I decimated the Malabal Tor animal populace to near extinction. Three hours of grinding and no lead. Next day I wanted to continue to grind, only to get the lead at the first!!!! mob group I encountered (3 senches next to the wayshrine).
      For the remaining leads it was the same story. No drop for hours, pause and then drop on the second Boss fight and the 5th mining node.
      It totally baffled me.
      Edited by Zodiarkslayer on July 23, 2022 1:18PM
      read, think and write.In that order.
    • BXR_Lonestar
      BXR_Lonestar
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      IDK but my group's experience was widely varied here. I got it within 20 minutes. One of my other group members got it within 3 pulls. Two of them were farming 4+ hours on two different days before they got it. So it really just seems like it is the luck of the draw tbh.
    • SugaComa
      SugaComa
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I know this is digging up an old thread, but I've been absent from the game for 3 yrs, mental health issues, that aside I'm currently stuck on the last piece and you guessed it , it's glenumbra ... Seems speaking to many people if glenumbra is your last drop you might as well give up as you ain't ever getting that drop, is this still the case as I'm two weeks into farming glenumbra and I'm so done with this I feel another breakdown coming
      Edited by SugaComa on May 26, 2023 3:45PM
    • vsrs_au
      vsrs_au
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Dawnblade wrote: »
      Just as a watched pot never boils, an MMO item with a low RNG chance won't drop if you are actively seeking it (I have the blacksmithing and some other lead for Oakensoul just playing the game - probably would have none if I were seeking leads).

Also glad I didn't pick up High Isles and go after this ring - power leveling antiquities would drive me insane (I'm slowly leveling it atm), getting the leads sound terrible (especially the Murkmire one), and then once you've wasted a few weeks of your life, they nerf the heck out of it.
      No, it's just random numbers, they don't behave differently if you're watching.
      PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
    • TaSheen
      TaSheen
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      SugaComa wrote: »
      I know this is digging up an old thread, but I've been absent from the game for 3 yes, mental health issues, that aside I'm currently stuck on the last piece and you guessed it , it's glenumbra ... Seems speaking to many people if glenumbra is your last drop you might as well give up as you ain't ever getting that drop, is this still the case as I'm two weeks into farming glenumbra and I'm so done with this I feel another breakdown coming

I've got it 6 times (three accounts, play on both PC NA and EU, so needed that many), four of those times in the last 8 months appx.

And I've got it a couple times just in the last few weeks though I'm not interested enough in codex entries to make it again.

About 8 months back was when I also got the Murkmire leads I needed. By then, there was no one there. I just parked a few characters in that village northwest of Lilmoth, only took me a couple of unlock the two boxes logout wait 15 minutes log back in to get all of them I needed. Never saw another character there.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
    • FantasticFreddie
      FantasticFreddie
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Grizzbeorn wrote: »
      I've found this lead twice, and it didn't take long either time. The second one was actually unintended (wasn't looking for it), and it popped on my first Glenumbra ore node after I completed my first ring.
      I was not nearly as lucky with some of the other leads, especially the one from completing Volcanic Vents.

(I don't actually intend on farming all of the leads a second time... the Murkmire one just saps all of my goodwill toward the human race).

The murkmire one actually took the least amount of time for me. Found it in my second chest, but all three in that little crafting area were up and visible when I went
    • ZOS_Hadeostry
      Greetings,

Granted this is an older thread, it does have good information/discussion. After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic, as it's asking the community for help.

Thank you for your understanding
      Staff Post
    • SugaComa
      SugaComa
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      TaSheen wrote: »

logout wait 15 minutes log back in to get all of them I needed. Never saw another character there.

Thanks for this tip, I'm going to try it this weekend wish me look
    • SugaComa
      SugaComa
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Still no drop, I'm convinced now this is either bugged or the game wants me to stay gone
    • SugaComa
      SugaComa
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Just to update ... Still no drop for me ... This is truly ridiculous