The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Feature request: Additional "Travel Outside Home" options

gabbo1928
gabbo1928
✭✭✭
There are a handful of homes in the game that have multiple entrances/exits. When you select these homes on the map, you are only given one option to travel to the outside of the home. In most cases, this doesn't matter. For instance, Sleek Creek House's entrances are so close to each other that you can see both at the same time from the proper angle. However, there are a few homes where being able to select your exit would be useful.

Fogbreak Lighthouse: This home shows up on the northern shore of High Isle, and that's where it drops you if you travel outside. However, there is a second entrance/exit to this home on the southern shore of Galen. There is no icon on the Galen map for this (it's near the Old Growth Brewer crafting stations). As there is no other home available for purchase in Galen yet, it would be exceedingly useful to be able to travel there without having to pass through the home first. Especially since the boat that takes you to Galen is quite a hike from the main entrance.

Sweetwater Cascades: This home hugs the border between Blackwood and Northern Elsweyr, and has an entrance connected to each. Similar to Fogbreak Lighthouse, the icon for the house appears on the Blackwood map but not Northern Elsweyr, and traveling to outside the home will deposit you in Blackwood. This one isn't quite as bad, though, since the two exits are right next to each other within the home.

I think both of these cases could be solved by putting a home icon at the currently unmarked entrance from the second zone, and allowing travel inside the home from either icon, while choosing the travel outside option would put you at the entrance for the zone map you are on. If you click on it from the full Tamriel map, you could be given three choices (inside, and outside in each zone).

Stone Eagle Aerie: This is a unique home that has an exit directly into the Markarth Outlaws Refuge. However, you can only travel inside, or outside the entrance from Markarth itself. How awesome would it be to jump directly to an Outlaws Refuge from nearly anywhere in the game?
Edited by ZOS_Icy on May 29, 2023 1:58PM
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree.

My immediate thought when I saw the topic, and when I started reading, is that there's no need for this, but I was thinking of places like Sleek Creek or Ald Velothi where the entrances are close together, I didn't realise some homes had entrances in different zones.

In those cases I agree it would be a nice addition to have the option to go to either entrance instead of always defaulting to a specific one.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    that would be awesome yes
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • OnnuK
    OnnuK
    ✭✭✭
    If you are on PC you can install "Port to Friend's House" addon. You can choose to port in or outside your houses with keyboard shortcuts.
    PC/EU @onnuk, Guild: ANADOLU "|H1:guild:29269|hAnadolu|h"
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a great idea, actually! +1.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • gabbo1928
    gabbo1928
    ✭✭✭
    OnnuK wrote: »
    If you are on PC you can install "Port to Friend's House" addon. You can choose to port in or outside your houses with keyboard shortcuts.

As far as I know, "Port to Friend's House" still relies on the built in game functionality. So, for instance, you can still only travel to the High Isle entrance of Fogbreak, not the Galen one.
    ZOS_Icy wrote: »
    After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

While I appreciate that a mod actually read this post, I have to disagree about the placement. This is not really about the housing system itself. It is about the functionality of the fast travel system, which has the potential to affect all players, not just those interested in decorating houses. I think this thread would benefit from the visibility of the general discussion forum, where it can receive feedback from more players than just decorators.