The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Thwarting the Aldmeri Dominion, Lady Laurent bugged

Valteer
Valteer
Soul Shriven
Me and bazillion of other players in Alik'r can't complete the quest as Lady Laurent is bugged at the last stage of the quest and cannot be interacted with, thus breaking the quest progression completely. Restarting the quest doesn't work (done many times, not just me), reloading UI doesn't work, restarting the game (quitting and logging back) doesn't work, changing zones doesn't work. Anyone has any workarounds or maybe ZOS wants to fix this?
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have just run into this bug myself. Laurent stands there reading a book, and cannot be interacted with. THIS NEEDS FIXING.
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just tried to reproduce this bug out of curiosity and indeed progress is blocked due to described behaviour of madame laurent, as can be seen in this photo:
    10by694110ub.png

The second quest (the one where you decide between stibbons and tamien) worked just fine.

I also note, that I did this quest on another char 2 to 3 months ago and it worked well then.
    Edited by Braffin on May 28, 2023 7:59PM
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Note also that there was a bug in this quest SEVEN YEARS AGO. It appears to be the same bug. Not only is it impossible to communicate with Lady Laurent, but she does not even have the name badge over her head - only the quest arrow.

Also: the "exit" from the Portal Chamber directly to the outside world at Salas En, is now open in BOTH directions, despite the quest being incomplete. It should remain impassable from outside to in, until the quest is properly complete.
    Edited by jle30303 on May 28, 2023 9:19PM
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone who has run into this bug, within the last two months, subsequently been able to complete this quest?

If so, how? Did it change at a particular time of day, or something?

It's the same -

Logging out and logging in does not work.
    Exiting the area, or even going to a different zone, does not work.
    Dropping the quest and restarting it does not work.
    Reloading UI does not work.

Lady Laurent *in the portal chamber* still has no ability to interact with her, she has a quest arrow over her head, but no nameplay and no instruction to press a button to interact with her.

This is on PC-EU.
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jna20dgxjmdx.png
    Here is an image. As you can see, Lady Laurent has the quest arrow over her head but is unresponsive. She has no nameplate, there is no prompt to click on her, she is stuck in the reading animation.

Exiting the room and coming back achieves nothing.

Leaving the entire zone and coming back achieves nothing.

Dropping the quest, restarting it from scratch and getting to this point achieves nothing.

Exiting the *game* and coming back achieves nothing.

I have sent bug reports (the number of the bug report ticket is 230530-003698), they have not been responded to.
    Edited by jle30303 on May 30, 2023 10:53PM
  • Aislinna
    Aislinna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just completed this quest, with no issues, on PC-NA. Maybe it's a server-specific bug?
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe it is, because I logged in to try to complete it this morning and it was bugged again, and there were three other people in the chamber also all unable to interact with Laurent.

Could it be that the *first* person per day gets to do it properly and then the chamber doesn't reset properly for the next?

Or is it a server-specific bug?

Because, a bug it absolutely is and it is preventing my ability to complete this quest.
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PC EU: Ran into this bug today as well. She just stands there, and nothing happens.
  • Valteer
    Valteer
    Soul Shriven
    jle30303 wrote: »
    Maybe it is, because I logged in to try to complete it this morning and it was bugged again, and there were three other people in the chamber also all unable to interact with Laurent.

Could it be that the *first* person per day gets to do it properly and then the chamber doesn't reset properly for the next?

Or is it a server-specific bug?

Because, a bug it absolutely is and it is preventing my ability to complete this quest.

I was actually able to complete the quest by logging in immediately after a server maintenance. Seemed like everything reset then and the Lady was interactable. I have a feeling that that state lasts only until it bugs out again so you can try doing it immediately after the maintenance for now.

From what I can tell reading really old messages, it seems that the bug happens when more that one person tries to do the quest, at which point it goes into an infinite enemy spawning loop or something like that, and just gets completely stuck. So, yeah, still needs fixing.
  • xbluerosesx
    xbluerosesx
    Soul Shriven
    I thought I was the only one with this problem. I can't talk to Lady Laurent either. If I took a shot for every time I tried logging out then back in, I'd be getting alcohol poisoning