The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Do You Use Consumables?

wowericb16_ESO
Hey so I'm relatively new to the game and have been working on making a decent PvP build so that I can have fun in BGs, and I do okay but I only really perform when I have a food/drink buff active. I was curious about how sweaty it gets in the Battlegrounds and if it's worth the investment or if I just have to tweak my build? I get a casual vibe from the battlegrounds but I have faced some really powerful foes from time to time, and I have to use consumables to keep up. Is everyone else doing this, or am I try-harding?

Do You Use Consumables? 56 votes

food/drink only
8%
chessalavakia_ESOKhenarthisau02adgPeacatcherxDeusEJRx 5 votes
potions only
0%
food/drink + potions
89%
wenchmore420b14_ESOSorakaCîanaiAhzekKartalinmerpinsfizl101Dojohodabongtokin420insd16RaddlemanNumber7KatheriahExalted_GooseNelothFroilJierdanitNyassaVkarthrag_inakEl_BorrachoAuraNebulaWrathOfInnos 50 votes
no consumables
1%
wilykcat 1 vote
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    food/drink + potions
    Food/drinks and potions are essential to playing the game. There's good food you can use at every level, and you can at least use the Tri-pots you get from dailies if you don't want to level alchemy or purchase/make expensive potions.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    food/drink + potions
    ^ and sometimes poisons.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • wowericb16_ESO
    Dojohoda wrote: »
    ^ and sometimes poisons.

forgot about poisons, you're right! I don't know if I can edit the poll after the fact though
  • wilykcat
    wilykcat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no consumables
    I forget to use consumables or I'm not hungry.
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    food/drink + potions
    Definitely always use food/drink.

Potions is a bit of a complicated topic. If you want to play competitive these are also a must have.

For a more casual approach or if you see the round is lost anyways I would spare cost.

And if you don't know yet: level up alchemy and provisioning, it's done rather quick and there are useful passives to gain
    Never get between a cat and it's candy!
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. It's not that hard.
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    food/drink only
    I always have a food buff active, but I keep forgetting to take potions. I do slot them but I'm so used to not using them while questing, that I forget to take them for a boost when I occasionally get into harder content.
    PC-EU
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    food/drink + potions
    yea i use consumables. foods and drinks give a good buff for ~2 hours and potions are super helpful when i run out of resources or when i want to be invisible.
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    food/drink only
    I just use food and drink.

Potions are a hassle and OP.
  • wowericb16_ESO
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    yea i use consumables. foods and drinks give a good buff for ~2 hours and potions are super helpful when i run out of resources or when i want to be invisible.
    Yea sustain is a problem for me so I usually run the crown fortifying meal and tri-restos (the fact you get them just for logging in helps too :P). Good to know I'm not the only one. I was afraid that I was getting dishonourable kills or something like that, but judging by this poll I'm just levelling the battlefield! I appreciate everyone's feedback
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    food/drink + potions
    I use purple drink and tripots. Trying to get into using immovable potions. Made some... haven't used any yet.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • Mesite
    Mesite
    ✭✭✭✭
    food/drink + potions
    I forget sometimes. Not so keen on drinks. Mainly try to remember to use them to keep my inventory uncluttered.

I had hundreds of tri-pots purple potions from the daily rewards but haven't collected as many on Xbox yet.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    food/drink + potions
    I expect anyone who is at least semi serious about their game play will use both consumables.

• Daoin
    Daoin
    ✭✭✭
    food/drink + potions
    always seems to be in middle of a group dungeon i realize food has run out though
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    food/drink + potions
    Always.
    Food buff is huge, Blue 2-stats food is very cheap. No reasons not to use it. 3-stats drinks: Camoran is affordable, Witchmothers is cheap. 4-stat Bewitched Sugar Skulls are also cheap and OK for PVP
    Potions are not too expensive and work just great for harder content. Thanks ZOS we get 3-stats in the daily login rewards.
    The buffs food and potions provide worth expenses, in my humble opinion.
    (the exclusion: you probably don't need potions for overland questing, blue food is more than enough for that)
    PC EU
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    food/drink only
    I'm a poor player in eso, I have 18 characters and have to manage builds for them all, so I only use food and I'll maybe buy some alliance pots or trash pots for BG's.

IMO, bg's aren't worth using good potions over, the pvp is really not that great so it's not worth it for me to use any good potions.
    I might dump some of the AP I get from Bg's into buying the alliance pots to use. But I'd never use my tripots, detects, immovables, etc on a battleground.
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    food/drink + potions
    I mean, you would die a lot otherwise, right?
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    food/drink + potions
    Once you enter late game food is a must. Potions you can sometimes do with out but if you want to preform well you'll end up using them.

Personally I chug potions like an addict.
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info