The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Snake in the Stars performance

Aerenthir
Aerenthir
✭✭✭
Now that this set is live, has anyone found it actually useful? In a 1v1 situation it doesn't make that much of an impact. And in the situation of an organized play with multiple HoT's stacking, I've watched how they, without cleansing this, still easily outheal it.
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As one of "them" I can't say that we've noticed it much. Early on when people were looking for it after deaths it came up a few times, but it's the usual stuff now -- oils and plaguebreak.
  • Thecompton73
    Thecompton73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aerenthir wrote: »
    Now that this set is live, has anyone found it actually useful? In a 1v1 situation it doesn't make that much of an impact. And in the situation of an organized play with multiple HoT's stacking, I've watched how they, without cleansing this, still easily outheal it.
    The only players the set is worth using against are heal stacking ball groups since they are the only ones having a large number of HOTs ticking rapidly enough to take anywhere near the full damage. But the set was basically dead on arrival because, as pointed out on the PTS before it even released, the application cool-down for the person wearing the set turns what should be used to fight groups into something that can only be used against one individual in that group every twelve seconds. The functionality just doesn't have enough utility outside it's niche to allow/encourage enough people to be wearing it in large numbers so it keeps getting applied to every ball group member with the most possible uptime possible.
    I was super excited for the set at first but I haven't even bothered trying it out because it would be useless in almost every fight not against a ballgroup and much too limited when I am in a fight against one. A 1 second CD for applying SiTS would have been ideal, you couldn't apply it to a whole group instantly but would be able to keep maximum uptime on a fair number of them without needing 11 other people running the set too.
    Edited by Thecompton73 on April 9, 2023 6:18PM
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ive only seen this set show up in my death recap once since its been out lol, and that was fairly early on after the release (maybe a week or so after)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aerenthir wrote: »
    The only players the set is worth using against are heal stacking ball groups since they are the only ones having a large number of HOTs ticking rapidly enough to take anywhere near the full damage. But the set was basically dead on arrival because, as pointed out on the PTS before it even released, the application cool-down for the person wearing the set turns what should be used to fight groups into something that can only be used against one individual in that group every twelve seconds. The functionality just doesn't have enough utility outside it's niche to allow/encourage enough people to be wearing it in large numbers so it keeps getting applied to every ball group member with the most possible uptime possible.
    I was super excited for the set at first but I haven't even bothered trying it out because it would be useless in almost every fight not against a ballgroup and much too limited when I am in a fight against one. A 1 second CD for applying SiTS would have been ideal, you couldn't apply it to a whole group instantly but would be able to keep maximum uptime on a fair number of them without needing 11 other people running the set too.

Pretty much this. The set was designed (per the developer comment) to combat heal stacking, but it's limit of only applying to one person per 12 seconds makes it useless for that scenario. I'd rather they target the hot stacking issues directly, but if this set is all they'll give us then the cooldown for application needs to go.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Cast_El
    Cast_El
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been hit for almost 9k in my death recap by this. I was playing with my templar, extended ritual+living dark (heal every half second When you take damage), I casted vigor and it was the end for me. I think it's depends of the class, this set is good against templar because they use living dark and can have multiple little healing on them. Don't know about other classes though
  • StihlReign
    StihlReign
    ✭✭✭✭
    Set is garbage. Nerfed before release. Would be nice if it hadn't been.

Shell is also bad. 5th bonus is ineffective in combat. Hew and Sunder - same.

A day or 2 in actual pvp combat with the sets is telling. You feel like the devs almost gave us something good.

"O divine art of subtlety and secrecy!

Through you we learn to be invisible, through you inaudible; and hence we can hold the enemy’s fate in our hands.” – Ch. VI, v. 8-9. — Master Sun Tzu

"You haven't beaten me you've sacrificed sure footing for a killing stroke." — Ra's al Ghul

He who is prudent and lies in wait for an enemy who is not, will be victorious — Master Sun Tzu

LoS
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see a group of players slot this set and see what it can do against a ball, so that the effect gets applied on multiple members. I think this was ZOS' intent, rather than for 1 person to be able to wear it and single-handedly crush a ball group's healing. Too bad the set is hot garbage beyond the 5-piece effect.
  • Elendir2am
    Elendir2am
    ✭✭✭✭
    Set can do a lot of damage if used properly. However it is so demanding about timing because of short window it has.
    This set has so much nerfs that it shows how ZOS wish balls still break and make lagy unplayable game.
    Anybody can do comparison with plaguebreaker, condition of proc, dmg done, who is proper target. PB overperform SitS in every aspect.

New servers are useless when ball start spam and ZOS nerfed set, which should help us to deal with them.
  • Vetixio
    Vetixio
    ✭✭✭✭
    This set can be a death sentence if you get hit with it while outnumbered or on low health. The Oblivion damage should be changed to Poison damage and because at least then it can be mitigated and the set will still counter healing without outright killing the set or the person trying to heal.
    Pìerre - Breton Vampire Templar, Grand Overlord. Erádàn - Bosmer Templar, Warlord. Vyríc - Imperial Vampire Necromancer, Centurion. Sybìl - Breton Sorcerer, Centurion. Erìch - Nord Vampire Nightblade, Corporal. Njàll - Nord Templar, Lieutenant. Elánnà - Bosmer Warden, Veteran. Laquì - Redguard Vampire Nightblade, Corporal. Noveni Dres - Dunmer Sorcerer, Lieutenant. Marìnus - Imperial Warden, Veteran. Arvyn Indoril - Dunmer Templar, Sergeant. Rósalyn - Breton Sorcerer, Corporal. Emelîn - Bosmer Dragonknight, Corporal. Astaroth Indoril - Dunmer Sorcerer.
  • Panderbander
    Panderbander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This set was never intended to kill on its own, it was intended to negate the healing provided by stacked hots so you can kill them while those heals are ineffective HOWEVER... That internal cooldown on the user legitimately makes it useless in 95% of situations you might want it because you might hit a target you didn't intend to, eating your cooldown, or the ability you used to proc it hits multiple targets and which one gets the debuff is a crapshoot meaning you likely don't have enough time to react and focus the one that was hit before it expires, or just simply there's too much traffic and a single person in the middle isn't going to drop because of body blocking.

The per-target cooldown is fine. The global cooldown removes it from any viability.
    Leader of Lycan Syndicate, PC NA's tri-faction werewolf guild.~~~Played since the beta, got the monkey.~~~"The blood of the pack is now yours. They are your only family, your only allegiance!"
  • Janni
    Janni
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, after the plethora of dumb sets they've introduced to pvp I'm glad this one turned out DOA. I'd much rather see them introduce a dozen useless sets that no one wants than one more of the insane ideas that everyone warns them about and then utterly destroys the fun in Cyrodiil for the next patch, or 2, or 3. Obviously its been said to death now but if they really want to fix broken core game mechanics they need to fix broken core game mechanics, not try to bubblegum and shoelace the problem with sets.
  • Woodenplank
    Woodenplank
    ✭✭✭✭
    React wrote: »
    [...] The set was designed (per the developer comment) to combat heal stacking, but it's limit of only applying to one person per 12 seconds makes it useless for that scenario. I'd rather they target the hot stacking issues directly, but if this set is all they'll give us then the cooldown for application needs to go.

This has been the problem with the Devs' approach to balance for years now. People complain about a broken mechanic?
    --> Introduce a new set or two and hope that it'll shut people up and make core gameplay issues go away.

AoE caps made it impossible to kill groups? Make Vicious Death set so standing next to someone else in an MMO is a death sentence!
    Sorcerers shield stacking was called OP? Make an anti-shield set... used by so few people that they ended up nerfing shields any way.
    People use Purging too much? Make a set that blows people the f*** up if someone purges even once.
    People complain about heal stacking? <this thread>

When they want to target a specific mechanic or ability, I really wish they would just change that mechanic or ability, rather than throwing in sets with all sorts of unrelated fallout (PB for instance being a new and better Vicious Death, in addition to the Purge-punish).
    I think it is central to ESO's well-being to critique the developers when they change the game (or fail to change something).
    But the negativity can be exhausting, so I vow to post 50/50 negativity and appreciation.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    React wrote: »
    [...] The set was designed (per the developer comment) to combat heal stacking, but it's limit of only applying to one person per 12 seconds makes it useless for that scenario. I'd rather they target the hot stacking issues directly, but if this set is all they'll give us then the cooldown for application needs to go.

This has been the problem with the Devs' approach to balance for years now. People complain about a broken mechanic?
    --> Introduce a new set or two and hope that it'll shut people up and make core gameplay issues go away.

AoE caps made it impossible to kill groups? Make Vicious Death set so standing next to someone else in an MMO is a death sentence!
    Sorcerers shield stacking was called OP? Make an anti-shield set... used by so few people that they ended up nerfing shields any way.
    People use Purging too much? Make a set that blows people the f*** up if someone purges even once.
    People complain about heal stacking? <this thread>

When they want to target a specific mechanic or ability, I really wish they would just change that mechanic or ability, rather than throwing in sets with all sorts of unrelated fallout (PB for instance being a new and better Vicious Death, in addition to the Purge-punish).

i dont necessarily think plague is new/better VD, it has its downsides in that it can only apply to 1 target per attack, and only the infected target can explode

if you can infect multiple targets it helps, but you only have 10 sec to get the kill before the target is immune to being infected for 10 seconds (they also have longer immunity time if they purge the effect earlier and not standing near other targets)

VD you dont have to do anything, just get the killing blow on a target, no need to apply anything to any target per se

in most cases i see ranged bombers running both VD and plague for double explosion lol (and dont forget to sprinkle in some occult overload too)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Heals_With_Orbs
    Heals_With_Orbs
    ✭✭✭
    I've used it, and pretty much have the same opinion as the other comments. Its useless.

One really has to question what ZOS are trying to do here. Every single set put out to counter ball groups doesnt really touch them, and in actual fact is just more toys for them to play with.... The only way to truly get rid of these irritating, annoying ball groups is to get rid of cross heals as mentioned many many times over the years

Why does anyone need 12 instances of vigor? Can someone actually explain why anyone in a PVP game needs this?

I can - to keep ball group people happy, so they can continue to troll people for 30 mins until the novelty wears off, but to be honest most normal average pvp'ers hate those groups.

SitS was meant to be the promising ball group counter set - but its another disappointment.

Why are ZOS are ok with 12 people running around causing frame rates to drop, desyncs, lag, skills not to work?

People are losing interest in PVP because there's no real counter to them, and its becoming very problematic as more and more are appearing! why? Its easy kills and AP points with nothing to really combat them

• xFocused
    xFocused
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to run this more as a solo player just to see how it would do against the Warden healbots, anyone try it as a dueling/solo player set yet?
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    xFocused wrote: »
    I'd like to run this more as a solo player just to see how it would do against the Warden healbots, anyone try it as a dueling/solo player set yet?

Useless against Warden 1v1 since Polar Wind easily out heals it. Also it's only 4s duration w/ 12s cooldown.
    PC NA
  • TieWolf
    TieWolf
    ✭✭
    Think of it as a DPS support set. It will help tremendously against ball groups especially if you have allies who are also running Plaguebreak. I run mine with VD, so taking camps solo isn't ideal for my character, but I built the character to help pop ball groups that just run around in a closed keep and against tank metas. It is pretty useless 1v1, but that's not to say I haven't successfully gotten kills 1v1 with it.
    Undoubtedly, you'll find me in Mournhold.