Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread, "Meet The Character- Azandar al-Cybiades"

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
tj13x97djnb9.jpg
This is the official discussion thread for, "Meet The Character- Azandar al-Cybiades"

"Pursue forbidden knowledge alongside the brash-yet-brilliant Arcanist Azandar al-Cybiades, one of the two new companions you can recruit in the upcoming Necrom Chapter."
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on May 31, 2023 2:34PM
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • noblecron
    noblecron
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry if it's unrelated but I'm reading his last name as Alcibiades from Greek History and can't unsee it :lol:

Btw for those that don't know

https://www.britannica.com/biography/Alcibiades-Athenian-politician-and-general
    Edited by noblecron on May 23, 2023 5:23PM
  • MajThorax
    MajThorax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought the same. How did zos manage to turn a Greek name in redguard/arabic 😅
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I mentioned that before, in the context that Alciabes is perhaps the most famously presumed-bisexual male in history. (Plutarch had him in a heterosexual relationship at the time of his death, while Plato him at least dabbling in attempted homosexuality. No, neither was a factually reliable historical claim, but still ...)
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was initially concerned about Azander Al-Cybiades and a possible link to Alcibiades. So, with that in mind, I did all his companion quests on PTS, and listened to his dialogue as a house guest.
    I could find nothing that Azander shares in common with any of the Alcibiades of history or literature. The name Al-Cybiades is explained in-game and it fits the TES milieu perfectly. The similarity of names seems to be a coincidence.

As for Azander's passions...
    they do not seem to extend beyond his Book and his fixation with arcanism. He truly seems to be vocationally celibate.
    Edited by RaddlemanNumber7 on May 26, 2023 8:58AM
    PC EU