The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Is this a Bug?

HedgeHugger
HedgeHugger
✭✭✭
I haven't PvP'd for a while (possibly a year).
Today wanted to go kill some people for the endeavour.
All of my Cyrodiil life has been spent For The Pact! but my Aldmeri Elf has a suitable build, and that's who I wanted to put in Cyrodiil.
Going for the Main Campaign and it says I can't do that because one of my characters, who hasn't PvP'd for 18 months, has that as their campaign. Abandon or new home campaign is what I need to do. So I abandoned. At Cost! 100000 AP or gold. I chose AP.
Load up the Aldmeri Elf.
You can't do that campaign because an Argonian has that as it's home blah, blah, blah.
So this time I load the Argonian. Change my Home campaign. Go back to the Elf.
Still can't go to Cyrodiil. In the end I gave in and loaded one of my Pact, in PVE gear, and did what I had to do.
I guess I could've picked the lesser campaigns, but wanted instant action. I didn't want to pay a million AP or gold to make all my Pact leave.

So is it a bug that I'm auto signed up for the campaign? even though I hadn't been there for a year or more?
Surely paying once should take that campaign out of play for everyone, and leave it open for another Faction?
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if it's a bug or not, but that is a common occurrence. That keeps happening irrespective of the length of time you play in pvp. You just really need to queue them to join a new campaign when the current campaign ends or it keeps registering you as a part of that campaign even if you don't play in it.
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 17 toons, all DC now...ps-eu/na...

they weren't always all DC...had 4 EP toons and 4 AD toons...

I spent a bunch of AP when they first re-instituted faction lock in the main map...

later i spent a lot of money changing their alliances to just one...

to answer your question directly: no, it is not a bug...it is a feature...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • HedgeHugger
    HedgeHugger
    ✭✭✭
    Good to know :)
    Guess I'll just stick to EP then, for the main campaign.
    I'd have to do crafting dailies for a fortnight on all my toons to pay for it otherwise :)
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Faction lock is a feature introduced because some players couldn't withstand to abuse the former state, which got a lot of people angry.

Publicly announced bans would've been a better reaction, but it is what it is now.

But as far as I know only one campaign is faction locked and you should be able to join all others freely.
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm sorry you had difficulty with the system, but honestly the faction lock should be extended to all other campaigns, allow it to be a different faction on each campaign, but the level of trolling and harassment that non-locked campaigns enable is really unacceptable.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    look @HedgeHugger what you started...

FACTION LOCK FIGHT!!!
    :)
    All of my Cyrodiil life has been spent For The Pact!

this, this right here - is why i've been logging in almost daily since 2015...i've tried other "competitive" pvp stuff - i by far enjoy this gamestyle - more style than actual violence...

although - i do need to adjust the keep guards voices down - they get in these really weird: Heal Me loops...sounds kind of creepy...

i still get rolled by some players...some players i can't even touch their health bar on some toons i play...a lot of times - i'll dance and do emotes with other players...i love using the siege weapons - especially away from keeps, i just won't risk any of the good stuff, mostly use the fire ballista and meatbag catapult for the aoe effects: burning, diseased...

i've come to learn to try to be more conservative the first 15 minutes or so i'm out there, that's when i die the most...it takes a while to get re-acquainted to a different toon's rotations and pot use...ultimate timing - NOT CHASING PLAYERS...

always game performance is the biggest issue - you just never know what you might get...during "primetime" i stay out of keeps and wait by the front door...i won't go near the hammer...fight on the periphery...

"off hours" things usually play smoother...

anyway - hope you enjoyed the event hedge hugger

geo

Edited by geonsocal on May 23, 2023 7:02PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EP is a good alliance to play on for folks who don't normally spend a lot of time in cyrodiil...their populations are pretty consistent...the next most populous is DC, many playing solo (i think it's because of the capitalistic nature of wayrest - my main toon on each server is a breton)...brave souls fight for the aldmeri dominion :#

the most important thing - try to stick to one alliance on the "main" map (named gray host at the moment)...especially if you'd like to participate in text zone chat or group voice chat - call outs and suggestions for attack/defense locations...

yeah, cyrodiil is like my second home...we can always use some more folks enjoying the zone...
    Edited by geonsocal on May 23, 2023 6:34PM
  • HedgeHugger
    HedgeHugger
    ✭✭✭
    I had an Orc parked at Chorrol for the event.
    My High Elf was left in the Imperial sewers for a fortnight.
    My (and my OH's) Aldmeri Elves are a pair of tough cookies in PVE gear. It was hilarious in Imp city, when somebody decided we were ripe for ganking, tried to sneak up on us when doing a mission for the event tickets. Our health barely budged, and they were left wanting :)

I do want to like PVP in Cyrodiil, but when skills don't fire, bars don't swap etc it takes all the fun out of it.

Huge sieges and attacks on keeps are the best though! :)