The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Keep Recall Stones

NeKryXe
NeKryXe
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm super noob on PVP, I'm just taking the opportunity to explore Cyrodiil when I can join during the event. To make it easier I got a few Keep Recall Stones. I read somewhere that I could use it to travel to a keep in Cyrodiil, and in fact I can select a keep when I activate a Keep Recall Stone. But I never can travel. Every single time I try it says that the keep is full but it uses a Keep Recall Stone anyway. So... since I can't travel and the Keep Recall Stones disappear... what does it actually do?
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on May 22, 2023 2:14AM
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    if you are far away enough from keeps, you can use it to travel to a keep, town, or outpost that your alliance owns.

it's great for traveling to keeps that you don't have access to via the transitus shrine, and is helpful for people who have the hammer to teleport to safety.
  • ProudMary
    ProudMary
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep population won't keep you from porting to the keep. But you do have to be far enough away from a keep or resource to use a keep recall stone, and you can not use a stone if in combat. Also, if you don't actually port, the stone should not b consumed.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ProudMary wrote: »
    Keep population won't keep you from porting to the keep. But you do have to be far enough away from a keep or resource to use a keep recall stone, and you can not use a stone if in combat. Also, if you don't actually port, the stone should not b consumed.

I've been using it when I'm very far away. It never ports me anywhere and it ALWAYS consume the stones without even returning the AP (I already wasted a lot trying it). Meanwhile I found out that /stuck is a better way to travel, since it actually works, unlike the Keep Recall Stones, and it's free.

Edited by NeKryXe on May 21, 2023 6:31PM
  • Soraka
    Soraka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you trying to use it from inside a delve? Sometimes it's really hard to get out of a delve in a busy campaign.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soraka wrote: »
    Are you trying to use it from inside a delve? Sometimes it's really hard to get out of a delve in a busy campaign.

Yes. I was inside a delve but very far from base.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NeKryXe wrote: »

during the event that is a real problem. For some reason it seems being in a delve doesn't count as being in the campaign. The campaign fills up while you are in the delve and you get the message that the campaign is full. Not sure if it was last PvP event or two events back but twice I couldn't exit the door of a delve because of that same scenario. Others reported having that same problem.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »

during the event that is a real problem. For some reason it seems being in a delve doesn't count as being in the campaign. The campaign fills up while you are in the delve and you get the message that the campaign is full. Not sure if it was last PvP event or two events back but twice I couldn't exit the door of a delve because of that same scenario. Others reported having that same problem.

In that case there's no real use for Keep Recall Stones. I find that Keep Recall Stones could be really useful from delves. I've been trying to complete the map on different characters and I'd like to use the Keep Recall Stones after I pick the skyshards. If I need to return to the door, wait for a load to outside and then use the Keep Recall Stones to port, then it's really better to just use the /stuck command. Also I find it really bad from Zos to steal the stones from our inventory when we're not ported. It's cheating.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In that case there's no real use for Keep Recall Stones. I find that Keep Recall Stones could be really useful from delves. I've been trying to complete the map on different characters and I'd like to use the Keep Recall Stones after I pick the skyshards. If I need to return to the door, wait for a load to outside and then use the Keep Recall Stones to port, then it's really better to just use the /stuck command. Also I find it really bad from Zos to steal the stones from our inventory when we're not ported. It's cheating.

The /stuck command only works once an hour, right?
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh damn! I didn't know that. I only used it one time. Now I'm trying to return with another character but there's a huge queue. I'll test it as soon as I get back to Cyrodiil. But if it's once per hour then the only solution is to find an enemy and die. I see now why so many players complain about PVP. It seems more messed up than PVE.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh damn! I didn't know that. I only used it one time. Now I'm trying to return with another character but there's a huge queue. I'll test it as soon as I get back to Cyrodiil. But if it's once per hour then the only solution is to find an enemy and die. I see now why so many players complain about PVP. It seems more messed up than PVE.

It has a very different ruleset than PVE because it's designed for large groups of players to ride around the map capturing objectives and controlling easy transportation routes between those objectives. And so the map is design to create conflicts, where if you lose you might have to spend minutes riding back to where you fought, giving your enemy time to prepare for you or to counterattack. Control of your keeps and your transitus shrines is an important part of strategic gameplay. Ideally, Keep Recall Stones work with that part of gameplay to offer a more flexible way to move around the map when you're far away from a home keep (though I agree you shouldn't be charged if it doesn't work properly.)

No offense, but skyshard hunting is a tiny part of what Cyrodiil is designed for. It's more challenging than you may be used to in a PVE zone simply because PVE zones are not designed to use distance and terrain to create conflicts between three alliances. Cyrodiil is.

I originally went to Cyrodiil for Master Angler fish and found the terrain confusing and the long rides interminable. However, once I started to PVP and understand the strategy behind how and why PVP groups move around capturing different objectives, I came to appreciate the design more.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

After the PvP event is over you shouldn't have a problem. Pick a campaign that isn't near population cap and you should be good to go.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Delves in Cyrodiil are considered a separate 'instance' and once you're inside, you're technically not in Cyrodiil anymore. For example, if you have a scroll quest for a scroll that is in transit and go into a delve while the scroll is deposited, the quest will not complete.

Best way I've found to exit a delve in Cyrodiil, without walking out and riding somewhere, is to travel to an Imperial City campaign and then travel back to your campaign. If the instance is full, you will still be queued, but it's better than wasting a recall stone.

As someone else has said, recall stones are ideal for getting somewhere that is not connected to your other keeps. This can help get you to a keep that has just been cut off or maybe under imminent attack, so you can take the resources back or assist with defending it.

I have had a couple of times, outside of the event, where using a stone takes me to one of the home 'bases', rather than the keep I selected, while still consuming a stone. I get no warning or message.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    disintegr8 wrote: »
    Delves in Cyrodiil are considered a separate 'instance' and once you're inside, you're technically not in Cyrodiil anymore. For example, if you have a scroll quest for a scroll that is in transit and go into a delve while the scroll is deposited, the quest will not complete.

Best way I've found to exit a delve in Cyrodiil, without walking out and riding somewhere, is to travel to an Imperial City campaign and then travel back to your campaign. If the instance is full, you will still be queued, but it's better than wasting a recall stone.

As someone else has said, recall stones are ideal for getting somewhere that is not connected to your other keeps. This can help get you to a keep that has just been cut off or maybe under imminent attack, so you can take the resources back or assist with defending it.

I have had a couple of times, outside of the event, where using a stone takes me to one of the home 'bases', rather than the keep I selected, while still consuming a stone. I get no warning or message.

That was helpful information. Thanks. :)
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

After the PvP event is over you shouldn't have a problem. Pick a campaign that isn't near population cap and you should be good to go.

Yeah. I guess it''ll be better. I should do that.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic, as it has to do with Cyrodiil.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • Jamie_Aubrey
    Jamie_Aubrey
    ✭✭✭✭

HOLD UP

I can use these while in a delve ? 8 YEARS AND I NEVER KNEW THIS
    RETIRED FROM ESO
    PC/EU
    Former Empress & Grand Overlord Vex Valentino
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

HOLD UP

In my limited experience, you can but you shouldn't, because it doesn't work. It'll consume the stone, you get to wait a full loading screen and you end up on the same place. I tried many times because I wasn't yet aware that "Delves in Cyrodiil are considered a separate instance". Anyway I find it really wrong to consume the stone. We should just get a message (in game) informing what I had to find out in this forum.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow, all the maps are full for queues?

you can also blood port around by getting killed by another player or alliance guard...

other kind of deaths, you can either rez on the spot or it'll take you back to the starter gate...

so clever of you to think to try to use the recall stone to get out of a delve...

it's been a while since I've been adventuring there, but some of the delves in cyrodiil are pretty large...
    Edited by geonsocal on May 23, 2023 1:54AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

HOLD UP

i dont think the keep recall stones have even been out that long lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    so clever of you to think to try to use the recall stone to get out of a delve...

I wasn't aware. I admitted I'm noob on PVP. :smile: But I already learned that it's not supposed to work.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sometimes the bosses in the cyrodiil delves used to glitch (they wouldn't appear), which would get very frustrating - on some toons you need to unequip armor and try to find a mob to blood port back to the entrance...that's not fun...

even better though if you could just use a recall stone...i get the "instance" rule though...

i've been there for years and still haven't collected all the skyshards with any toon...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place