The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Tanks are super VIP, healers are VIP, and DDs are plebs. Which group do you choose?

ixthUA
ixthUA
✭✭✭✭✭
Rated by dungeon finder queue time. And why did you decide so?

Tanks are super VIP, healers are VIP, and DDs are plebs. Which group do you choose? 26 votes

Super VIP tank
26%
AvalonRangerbbrown0770CarcharodontosaurusN3CR01Elendir2amSoaroraLunaFlora 7 votes
VIP healer
30%
chessalavakia_ESORagnarok0130Azrael_1976NachoProblemFantasticFreddieSkaraMinocMesiteTybaltKaine 8 votes
Plebian DD
19%
SilverStreekkevkjendgamesmugboi_anachronism_Braffin 5 votes
Various
23%
El_BorrachoCatagamiixthUANecrotech_MasterwilykcatSoraJP 6 votes
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Plebian DD
    Simple for me, as long as random people are involved I never would play a role which depends on the performance of other players in this game.
    Never get between a cat and it's candy!
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. It's not that hard.
  • ixthUA
    ixthUA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Various
    At some point i realized that waiting in queue is longer than waiting newbie DDs to kill things.
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Super VIP tank
    When I solo queue, I queue as tank. Duo queue I queue as tank or DPS. I mostly tank nowadays not only because the queue is fast but also because I just really enjoy tanking and helping PUGs get through content. I find myself in runs sometimes that I know most other tanks would drop out of but I try my best to make it work, be it through slotting a heal or by painfully wrangling things until they eventually die. I do pugs for the people more than the dungeons nowadays, the happiness of people getting clears brings me great joy.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • kevkj
    kevkj
    ✭✭✭✭
    Plebian DD
    Oakensorc DD is the only way to solo queue so you can guarantee the damage, hold the boss after the tank got flattened by a heavy and heal.
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Plebian DD
    kevkj wrote: »
    Oakensorc DD is the only way to solo queue so you can guarantee the damage, hold the boss after the tank got flattened by a heavy and heal.

Maybe it's the only way for you to do it on oakensorc. I'm fine with every dps-build with is capable to bring the necessary numbers.
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. It's not that hard.
  • endgamesmug
    endgamesmug
    ✭✭✭✭
    Plebian DD
    Definitely damage any other role in randoms became a nightmare and long since abandoned a long time ago
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VIP healer
    Healer.

If I queue as DPS, it takes forever and I worry people might complain about my damage.

If I queue as Tank, I worry people will complain about my tanking and I don't have every mechanic memorized.

As healer, next to nobody has seemed to really care about me. I get fast queue times and to spend much of my time playing DPS without the expectation of big damage and I have the kit to save myself when I stand in stupid. In the event that the group actually needs healing I get to feel useful.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Various
    if im queueing for a dungeon, most of the time im playing on my tank because i want the shorter queue time, the actual time spent in the dungeon is less of a issue for me

if im queueing as one of my dps because thats what i want to play, ill knock out other things while waiting on the queue like maps, skyshards, or just fight a WB for the fun of it, better than standing around doing nothing
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • SoraJP
    SoraJP
    ✭✭✭
    Various
    Oakensoul fake heal. It's to the point where If I queue as DD and get a real healer in the group, I hate it. It's soooo much faster with 3 DPS (all vet DLC dungeons, nonhm, can be done this way). Especially when I'm doing 75% of the damage as a fake healer. Even had some cases where I'm tankier than the tank, who claims he is a real tank.
    PC/NA Khajiit Warden Main
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SoraJP wrote: »
    Oakensoul fake heal. It's to the point where If I queue as DD and get a real healer in the group, I hate it. It's soooo much faster with 3 DPS (all vet DLC dungeons, nonhm, can be done this way). Especially when I'm doing 75% of the damage as a fake healer. Even had some cases where I'm tankier than the tank, who claims he is a real tank.

"Real" healers should do a lot of DPS in dungeons anyway. Just wear and proc a Major Courage set for yourself and others, and bring a good crossheal for emergencies.

• Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Plebian DD
    SoraJP wrote: »

Well, and there are still players around denying brokensoul in it's current state is bad for the game and groupplay in general :wink:
    ---
  • ixthUA
    ixthUA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Various
    From the poll results, after i put things into this perspective, there are far less DDs in the poll than DDs in the game.
    Tank queue is instant, 1 sec or less. DD queue is like 300-600 seconds, so the are like 450 times more DDs than tanks?
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Various
    ixthUA wrote: »
    From the poll results, after i put things into this perspective, there are far less DDs in the poll than DDs in the game.
    Tank queue is instant, 1 sec or less. DD queue is like 300-600 seconds, so the are like 450 times more DDs than tanks?

i wish the dps queue was 5-10 minutes lol, ive literally sat in the queue as a dps for almost 45 min before getting into a dungeon before lol (queued solo)

i find the minimum time for a dps queue is like 15 minutes, but the avg is closer to 20-30 min
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Various
    If I want to run a dungeon multiple times, i.e. Fungal 1 pledge day, then I queue my tanks. If I want a quick random normal, tank. If I don't care and am doing other things, DD. If its a brand new dungeon that opened that week, DD.
  • Blood_again
    Blood_again
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't agree with your classification.
    In 4-people content it is not about importance, but about responsibilities.

If I'm in the mood to work and be full responsible for what happens: where the boss stands and looks at, was he interrupted in time, do big mobs hit our healers etc - I queue as tank.
    If I'm more relaxed but ready for some responsibilities like saving dummy who stayed in red - I run as healer.
    As damager I can make silly things almost everywhere and the run will be smooth anyway.

So I would mark you groups like
    Tanks - parents
    Healers - big siblings
    Damage dealers - bustling kindergarden
  • TybaltKaine
    TybaltKaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VIP healer
    I run healer mostly because my hands don't let me play Guitar Hero DD efficiently enough anymore. Hard to keep up a solid rotation with mangled joints. I like Healing, it's more proactive and less reactive, I'm good at it, and when push comes to shove, I can bring the party back from the edge of disaster with some nifty Nightblade tricks.

I also Tank from time to time, but I find that less fun than healing. as it's basically a DD until you reach an actual boss
    • Tybalt Kaine Khajiit Nightblade Aldmeri Dominion
    • PC/NA
    • Guildmaster- Lucky Raven
    • Knight of Marrow - Blackfeather Academy
    • Adepti- The Witches Goblet
    • Dragon Frog - Butterscotch Dragon Frog
    • "Nightblade healer huh? How does that work?"
    • "I drain the blood of our enemies and fire it into you. It's a lot less messy than it sounds, and yeah I'm basically a Vampire without the whole AGH FIRE BAD"