The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PvP Arena!!!

Sant1ago88
Sant1ago88
✭✭
Guys, there is no any PvP content for a very long time. PvP is almost dead, many players leaving this game, cause you killed the most fun part of the game. Maybe it's time to give something that players really want? The most of MMORPGs got PvP arenas with rating mode, PvE players got 4 arenas. Is so hard to do it? Just make arenas from 1v1 to 4v4, add rating, add some prises and that all, we will be happy!!! That's easy and will change all PvP vibe, trust me.
  • VinnyGambini
    VinnyGambini
    ✭✭✭
    100% agree.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    2v2 and 3v3 need some cross healing adjustments because some premades would literally never die.

Otherwise I'm all for this.
    PC NA
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »
    2v2 and 3v3 need some cross healing adjustments because some premades would literally never die.

relic carrier debuff, or dampening as wow has it, over time ur heal and abs shield weakens.
    would also need increased stealth detection over time as well as shrinking arena to avoid stalemating until ganker can oneshot
    also specified this in the pvp wishlist on pvp subforum
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • rymere83
    rymere83
    No...arena is what destroyed WoW pvp into the current mess it is now. Its impossible to balance in WoW. ESO balancing is so so much worse
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is an insightful worry I think. But I'd rather not have a(nother) separate ruleset or battlespirit for arenas. For one thing, I just think we have enough of them already and I don't want anyone put off participating by any confusion.

For another thing I see this feature being used to settle grudge matches. Your group beats another group in cyrodiil... They whisper you telling you you're trash... You challenge eachother to a 3v3 duel or whatever. It wouldn't be very decisive if it wasn't the same rules.

So if healing gets nerfed or changed at all I'd like to see it be for the entire game (or at least entire pvp side,) not just arenas. Lord knows it is probably needed anyway. And if not-- another solution perhaps.

@Sergykid has a decent suggestion. I would also accept something along these lines: Make there be a time limit... 10 minutes should be sufficient I would think... And at the end of the time, the team with the most players alive wins. In case of a tie, the team that did the most damage wins, encouraging participants to at least play with SOME offense.

Also, random thought admittedly a little contradictory to my other thought, disable revives. Necro revive ult would be awful.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Relic Carrier Debuff for arenas that activates at 10 minutes and scales healing down to 0% over the next 5 minutes.
    PC NA
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Relic Carrier Debuff for arenas that activates at 10 minutes and scales healing down to 0% over the next 5 minutes.

that honestly seems way too slow, considering a BG match timer is only 15 min

a fixed debuff on the relic carrier, or a scaling one for holding it so long (-1% heal/shield per sec would be -60% at 1 minute or -100% before it hits the 2 minute mark which would be better for keeping a match moving as they could not hold onto it forever like ive seen happen in some matches)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

that honestly seems way too slow, considering a BG match timer is only 15 min

a fixed debuff on the relic carrier, or a scaling one for holding it so long (-1% heal/shield per sec would be -60% at 1 minute or -100% before it hits the 2 minute mark which would be better for keeping a match moving as they could not hold onto it forever like ive seen happen in some matches)

We're not talking about Capture the Relic. We're talking about hypothetical PvP arenas (similar to WoW arenas) and discussing solutions to unkillable comps in the 2v2 and 3v3 brackets. I mentioned the Relic Carrier Debuff as an example healing debuff that could be used to reduce cross healing power once the match drags on for too long.
    PC NA
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like my idea better @SkaraMinoc

I worry that if a healing debuff comes into effect at a certain point the team with less healing will die of it sooner than the team with more healing.

In my solution they are allowed to play how they want... They just don't win for it. Team with the most damage done (in the case of a tie,) wins.
  • Alvedolin
    Alvedolin
    The pvp in this game is extremely neglected and is very unfair to us pvp'ers.
  • silvix1896
    Please finaly add this feature!
  • axi
    axi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I kinda miss sigils in BG tbh.

When it comes to new PvP additions they've already said they wont do anything until they will solve performance issues which let's be honest may never happen.
    Edited by axi on March 30, 2023 3:55PM
  • radkoun
    radkoun
    Soul Shriven
    When I first read "pvp arena" I was thinking about some FFA type of battleground but yeah it would be nice to have some other 1v1 than just dueling, in some arenas to capture tha flags, take relic or some other tasks in order to win, pvp would not be anymore only about damage+mitigation, things like speed and stealth can get new meaning in 1v1. And also the way how to challenge others for 1v1 arena fight, not only queue but tha same way as for duels
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    PvP has a number of arenas per what OP is asking for. They are called BGs and there are several modes and multiple maps. The only difference between what OP is asking for is the current BGs are XvXvX and OP is noting XvX.

Granted, I think that XvX works better than XvXvX in small format instanced PvP and I think that is something Zenimax should change. That would give OP exactly what they are asking for.
  • pedrogonzalez
    pedrogonzalez
    ✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    PvP has a number of arenas per what OP is asking for. They are called BGs and there are several modes and multiple maps. The only difference between what OP is asking for is the current BGs are XvXvX and OP is noting XvX.

Granted, I think that XvX works better than XvXvX in small format instanced PvP and I think that is something Zenimax should change. That would give OP exactly what they are asking for.

You didn’t get the point.
    It’s about 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 arenas WITHOUT objective. Literally Deathmatch without resurrection (so go in, win or die, out)
  • DrNukenstein
    DrNukenstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arenas are always a hit in every game.

The only monkey wrench keeping it from being a hit in this game is that some people like to build very squishy for the opportunity to maybe kill someone in one global (detriment to their team, sadly), and other people like to build to be immortal with no serious kill potential (detriment to the game).
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »

You didn’t get the point.
    It’s about 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 arenas WITHOUT objective. Literally Deathmatch without resurrection (so go in, win or die, out)

I got the point as it was explained in the OP and replied accordingly. OP didn’t say they were looming for DM BGs.

So again, it’s something that can be down with the current BGs and added what we might get when we queue. Clearly it will not be its own queue as DMs couldn’t make it without random players filling the matches.
  • jtm1018
    jtm1018
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about?

Arena for keeps.

3 way battle for a keep, ala bg but we fight for a keep, control the 3 resource site while fighting for the main keep in the middle. Instance like a bg match but, 12v12v12. Resource site gets 5 points per second and keeps get 10 points per second, first to reach 1000 points win the match.

Alliance locked, should earn ap, tel var and alliance meritorious service.