Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[REQUEST] Remove useless time penalty on conceding

AnduinTryggva
AnduinTryggva
✭✭✭✭✭
ToT is a terribly snowballish card game.

Early picks are decisive and just evolve exponentially into a win in 80% of cases. The other 20% is due to lack of experience of a player.

This makes it particularly painful to have such an excessive time penalty of 10min when conceding. We already do not get any reward when conceding. WHY HAVE THIS DOUBLE PENALTY?

Why have this time penalty at all when one could just switch to another character? This penalty is useless and won't prevent exploiting by some players. They will just switch.

It is ENTIRELY FUTILE and just ABSOLUTELY ANNOYING. So please remove it.
  • AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will now switch character to circumvent this useless timer every time I wish to play again immediately.
  • gmap516
    gmap516
    ✭✭
    Seriously, why is this even a thing? We already don't get any consolation prize if we concede too early. Why punish people for admitting defeat?
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And/or punishing people who got booted to the main ESO title screen. Because we all know disconnects in this game neeeeeeever happen.
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • Eliran
    Eliran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The real question is, why the assisted win to those who had a lose streak even exist?

The top of the leaderboard player in EU been exploiting it for months now .. he just make himself fake a lose stream, then queue ranked and boom he get free win on the expensive of some victim.

This is the real thing that make this game NOT FUN, it just frustrating and make people quit, some games its so blatant the game forcefully make one side win, its just cringe :S
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Big agree, this is the only game that gives a silly time penalty for concession that is only an inconvenience just get rid of it.
    At least 3 of each class. PVPing Since IC.
  • AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eliran wrote: »
    The real question is, why the assisted win to those who had a lose streak even exist?

The top of the leaderboard player in EU been exploiting it for months now .. he just make himself fake a lose stream, then queue ranked and boom he get free win on the expensive of some victim.

This is the real thing that make this game NOT FUN, it just frustrating and make people quit, some games its so blatant the game forcefully make one side win, its just cringe :S

What is a "fake a lose stream"?
  • Zarathustra88
    Zarathustra88
    Soul Shriven
    I absolutely agree!!!

Any moderately skilled player can quickly assess who is likely to win a match after 2 or 3 turns. In about 10% of these matches the advantage is such that one player has less than a 5% chance of winning. And that is mostly relying on player error from the opponent. Forcing a player to endure a match that can go on for 20 minutes or more when the match is basically lost is a cruel waste of time.

I understand that this policy is necessary in battlegrounds because quitting early affects your teammates, but In T.O.T. the only players affected are the opponent (who gets a win, so won't mind) and yourself.
  • RCubed1967
    RCubed1967
    ✭✭
    I agree fully: No deserter penalty for ToT!

ToT is not like battlegrounds for two reasons. First, as @Zarathustra88 stated, there are no teammates. Second, your skill set and tool box is yours so it is only a skin change.

• Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're annoyed that you are punished for quitting?

You want to quit. Give up. Play devil's advocate, why shouldn't you be put on cool-down for doing that?
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • petanko
    petanko
    ✭✭
    You want to quit. Give up. Play devil's advocate, why shouldn't you be put on cool-down for doing that?

Let's escalate. Why shouldn't you be banned from ESO for a week for conceding a ToT game, no matter if it's dc, crash, or your own will?
    Been there, done that. 「三千六百」
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    petanko wrote: »

Let's escalate. Why shouldn't you be banned from ESO for a week for conceding a ToT game, no matter if it's dc, crash, or your own will?

Quitting because you're losing is abusing the other person's time. The other person deserves to finish the game. If you abuse their time by quitting on them, a cool-down period on your ability to queue is rational and reasonable, since you were disregarding their time, yours is getting taken from you.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    petanko wrote: »

Quitting because you're losing is abusing the other person's time. The other person deserves to finish the game. If you abuse their time by quitting on them, a cool-down period on your ability to queue is rational and reasonable, since you were disregarding their time, yours is getting taken from you.

Speak only for yourself. I on my part am grateful to all players on the losing end that just save me the time to play thru a match that is mine anyhow.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do prefer when I get to play out my cards rather than it suddenly ending. But, this game is more RNG than some other games so it makes sense to have concede removed IMO.