The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PVP and server stability

KiltMaster
KiltMaster
✭✭✭✭
It's a major in-game event for PVP - Whitestrake's Mayhem!! You would think that before a huge event like this, ZOS would spend some extra time to make sure that the servers are stable. Wishful thinking, right? Especially because the queues are upwards of 100+ people for Grey Host and well over an hour wait time.

Or, I suppose that may be asking for too much?

This has been a topic of conversation for the longest time (years) and still ... seemingly no improvements?

Any time I send a ticket, they tell me my connection is bad because I use a VPN ... the kicker is that I do not use a VPN. Helpful!!

Not just me, either. As I was in a group and 5 of us got kicked out at the same moment.

I guess the point of this post is to wonder what the plans are regarding this, as this is a continuing occurence. And to rant as I wait to get kicked again from the load screen immediately after the character select.
PC/NA
GM of "Kilts for Sale"
Ebonheart Pact
He/Him
  • DrNukenstein
    DrNukenstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IC has pretty good performance this event.

I think it has to do with smaller and less organized groups engaging with the format while large ball groups creating a tremendous amount of numbers per second are on the Cyro hype for this section of MYM.
    Options
  • KiltMaster
    KiltMaster
    ✭✭✭✭
    @DrNukenstein that is correct, I should have specified for Cyrodiil specifically. I have not had issues in IC yet ... *knocks on wood*

But yeah I'd imagine that Cyrodiil has a ton more to calculate considering each and every keep, resource node, outpost, etc.

And the calculations with stacking radiating regens, vigors, etc.
    PC/NA
    GM of "Kilts for Sale"
    Ebonheart Pact
    He/Him
    Options
  • Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speaking from PC NA Ravenwatch (No-Cp, No Procs) the server has been FLAWLESS for me. 100+ people on screen and no stutter, abilities fire reliably, everything works as intended.

I came from console and the game was unplayable way too often. PC seems to have better quality servers, but it still has trouble in CP/Proc cyrodiil. But No CP has always been smooth for me. Generally it has low population so was unsure if that was the cause, but with this event and the server full it still works without stuttering. Highly recommend giving this server a chance during this event (and after, we need a larger regular population).
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    even blackreach during primetime is reaching 70+ person queues lol

for the most part i havent had too many issues in cyro, outside of the obvious with ball groups (only occasionally seen a lag spike/stutter when there is a big fight going on)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you notice that they did a PC maintenance right before the event started? PC/NA/GH performance was pretty bad the weekend before the restart, but has performed flawlessly for me (when I can actually get through the queue) during the event, even during massive zerg vs. zerg battles with multiple groups there. I'd expect things to degrade over the next week, though.

As far as you and your group disconnecting, are you all running the same addons? Addons are responsible for 99.9% of game crashes in my experience. I now run zero addons and haven't had the game crash in weeks, if not months.
    Options
  • KiltMaster
    KiltMaster
    ✭✭✭✭
    you all are incredibly lucky haha - I even had this happen to me again yesterday

mexxlv09151f.png

This error popped up every time I attempted to login for 20 mins even after a full PC/router reset.
    PC/NA
    GM of "Kilts for Sale"
    Ebonheart Pact
    He/Him
    Options
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't worry. They will make another statement about working on performance for next year like they do every year; then say nothing until the next statement again. Just hang in there.
    Options
  • KiltMaster
    KiltMaster
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it's getting tired at this point. 3 days in a row now. Makes me not even want to play ya feel. ESP w these queue times.
    PC/NA
    GM of "Kilts for Sale"
    Ebonheart Pact
    He/Him
    Options
  • Janni
    Janni
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep. I was fine for months and even most of the first week of the event. But now I'm getting booted from the server like every half hour or so. It's not worth the time to even log on if I need to spend an hour in the queue and then get booted shortly after only to need to re-queue for another hour or more.
    Options
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grey host EU here and I’ve been blessed by a flawless server. Loved it
    Options