The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Earthtear Cavern, looking for way to "fix" broken walkways

SilverBride
SilverBride
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I have wanted Earthtear Cavern for a very long time and finally purchased it. I am trying to find a way to fill in the broken walkways that lead to the back area on both sides so I don't have to run through water to get there, but haven't found anything that looks natural. It doesn't have to be completely filled in because the age worn look is part of what I like about it. Anyone have any ideas for this?
PCNA
  • Northwold
    Northwold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used some stone blocks to make stepping stones. But you could also use various wooden platforms and, if you wanted to make them look neat, line them with stone blocks etc where they meet the ground.
    Edited by Northwold on May 19, 2023 7:28PM
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried Elsweyr Foot Bridge, Masonry and Elswery Platform, Wooden Small but they just didn't look right and didn't line up at the correct angles. So I tried to use stone blocks like stepping stones but I fell into the water in between them.

I may try Solitude Foot Bridge, Wood-Planked next.
    PCNA
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Northwold wrote: »
    I used some stone blocks to make stepping stones. But you could also use various wooden platforms and, if you wanted to make them look neat, line them with stone blocks etc where they meet the ground.

I'd like to see how you spaced out your stone blocks. I tried but kept falling in the water between them.
    Edited by SilverBride on May 20, 2023 1:35AM
    PCNA
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I used wood planks on one side and a combination of Elsweyr bridges and a Solitude foot bridge on the other:

f985a6qajxef.jpg

hzd7sy6etci9.jpg

Edited by Lugaldu on May 20, 2023 7:42AM
  • Northwold
    Northwold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Northwold wrote: »

I'd like to see how you spaced out your stone blocks. I tried but kept falling in the water between them.

Not home so can't show you but I think I put them lengthways rather than widthways to save on item numbers and they do need to be quite close together. You can have decent gaps before the character falls in it doesn't have to be a continuous path, but you can't have huge gaps. I'm not sure how well they work if you slow walk -- I always have the default walk-jog selected rather than the super slow walking.

When I say "stone blocks" I think actually I used the short (alinor?) low wall sections. They're smoother.
    Edited by Northwold on May 20, 2023 7:50AM
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @Lugaldu and @Northwold . I'm going to try a combination of these ideas and will post my results when it's finished!
    PCNA