The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Never received a high voucher Master Writ

XoXJulietteXoX
XoXJulietteXoX
✭✭✭
Is it just me? Is my RNG that bad?
I have never once received a Master Writ that gave out more then 30 writ vouchers (jewelry), and lately I have not received a single master writ and I have been doing all my crafting writs on 10 toons every day for the past month. Have been playing the game for about 9 years.
I see people getting a 600-800 writ voucher and selling them for 200-500k and I'm over here with 2 voucher Alchemy/Enchanting writs...
PS4 NA.
  • XoXJulietteXoX
    XoXJulietteXoX
    ✭✭✭
    *oops, 8years**
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It’s pretty rare. I know that motif knowledge increases the chance for a master writ, but I don’t know if it also increases the value of them, though.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a couple of those 600+ Voucher Jewelry Writs. Won't do them as Gold Tempers are too Precious. I think it goes without saying that only Gold writs get that high, and only for Jewelry.

The Gold gear (non jewelry) writs I get are in the 80 to 200 Voucher range. They might go higher than 200, but not by all that much.

Most of the Purple Jewelry Writs are pretty low on voucher count, given the Temper rarity, and Blues are in the 30s.

You do need to know Jewelry Traits for a better chance at the higher level writs. Only one of my characters gets Purples and the rare Gold, and she knows all the Traits.

Edited by Nestor on May 16, 2023 4:39PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• XoXJulietteXoX
    XoXJulietteXoX
    ✭✭✭
    *oops, 8years**
    It’s pretty rare. I know that motif knowledge increases the chance for a master writ, but I don’t know if it also increases the value of them, though.

I'm a grand master crafter lol . Guess it's LOW RNG for me.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    *oops, 8years**

But are you GMC on all 10? If you only have a few motifs learned on your alts it might be bringing your average down.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• XoXJulietteXoX
    XoXJulietteXoX
    ✭✭✭
    *oops, 8years**

But are you GMC on all 10? If you only have a few motifs learned on your alts it might be bringing your average down.

NOPE, I am not a GMC on all toons. Only the one, who has the worst RNG out of all 10 toons!
  • XSTRONG
    XSTRONG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have got Gold jewelry writ 600+ voucher several times since i started doing daily writs, not often but it happens.

I got it on chars that barley know any motifs also my grand master crafter.
  • XSTRONG
    XSTRONG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Blacksmithing writs with 300-400 vouchers are Nice as f
  • Mik195
    Mik195
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't prove it, but it seems that I get way more gold writs on characters that have no bag/bank space. My NA grand master crafter knows all the motifs, still has bank space and gets writs less frequently than my EU grand master crafter who know most motifs, but has no space left.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    *oops, 8years**

NOPE, I am not a GMC on all toons. Only the one, who has the worst RNG out of all 10 toons!

I have 7 daily writ crafters but since all of them have knowledge of at least 10 or more motifs they all get master writ drops.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• XoXJulietteXoX
    XoXJulietteXoX
    ✭✭✭
    *oops, 8years**

I have 7 daily writ crafters but since all of them have knowledge of at least 10 or more motifs they all get master writ drops.

Thank you for that insight. I will try to read more motiffs.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I got a 40 voucher woodworking writ a week ago, and that's the highest voucher value of any writ I've received so far. Hopefully I'll get more with time: currently, I have 26 full motif books, and my trait research is very close to finished.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Master writs drop more with a variety of knowledge related to that craft.

That said, once you "get" a master writ. The voucher values are random (with the ultra high value ones being very rare)

The only ones that get in the 500-600 voucher range are legendary level jewelry master writs... at a cost of doing that is about 4x what you can get for selling voucher items on the market (so they aren't worth doing, you'd be better just selling the materials)

Blacksmithing can be in the 300-400 range, but only for a legendary nirnhoned weapon, which is exceedingly rare.

Alchemy and Enchanting are the two easiest to maximize your chances of getting master writs (just learn the traits/runes), and they are only worth 2 or 5 (for alchemy) or 2 or 6/7 or 12/13 or 36/40 (for enchanting). There are no others.

The other "high" value master writs (40 voucher provisioning... uses perfect roe...)... (50-100 voucher gold clothing.. uses Dreugh Wax...)... (The 12/13 or 36/40 voucher ones for enchanting use Hakeijo...)... all of those are a net loss to even do, because the materials are that expensive.

I can do daily writs (at max level) on up to 42 characters a day. I get maybe 6 of the gold jewelry writs a year. 2 or 3 of the "big" blacksmithing ones. They're rare. Quite rare.

(Note: This is all on PC/NA... economies may be different on other servers).
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Is it just me? Is my RNG that bad? (...)
    Golden master writs don't drop often. Of course rng plays its huge part in ratio drop.
    I only got a couple of golden jewelry master writs (+600 vouchers) so far since the jewelry master writ refurbish.
    For the other cratings, already got quite a few +300 vouchers over the years.

"Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Never seen any non-jewelry writs over 200 vouchers and have gotten a few 600+ jewelry writs. I don't use the big ones myself and never thought of selling them.

A friend who's been playing as long as I have (7+ years) only got his first 600+ jewelry writ recently, during the birthday event when doing writs on more characters, so they may be rare.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They really are rare. The players that get them are probably doing daily writs on the full 18 characters on each account, with max probability from their trait and motif knowledge. I was close to that when I was trying to buy the three Alliance manors for gold, which is about 11 million. I only recall one big jewel writ, and handfuls of the other trades.

It only takes a bit of bad rng on top of casual writ work to make it look like they don’t exist.
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a friend who got at the highest a 1k+ voucher writ. He also has incredible luck RNG wise and gets really big voucher writs all the time. Probably knows most motifs on all his toon though
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • petanko
    petanko
    ✭✭
    To improve your chances to get a good (golden) writ, research all traits, for all characters. Motif knowledge and skill points invested into craft aren't important (except those which allow you to do the highest level daily writs).
    The drop rate will be still pretty low, but at least you'll get a few per month (usually undoable clothing and jewelry).
    Though, I still wonder how the same people sell a few yellow writs every day. Multiple accounts with 18 chars? Or did they collect writs for 8 years to sell now? Maybe they're blackmailing RNG? Or got a childhood friend who works as a janitor in the datacenter where ESO servers are located?
    Been there, done that. 「三千六百」