The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

QUESTION ABOUT OUTSIDE PLAYER HOUSING

VvwvenomwvV
VvwvenomwvV
✭✭✭✭
Hello.

I am curious if it is against the TOS to be outside the normal boundaries in player housing.

I tried looking it up and I seen a post on the forums from a few years ago, but it had contradicting info. I left a reply question, and had a response that the post was old and had been removed. I was told that I may start a new post on this subject.

If anyone knows the answer, it would be much appreciated.

Edited by ZOS_Volpe on May 17, 2023 1:18PM
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can place furniture anywhere your cursor can reach even out of bounds of where you can go such as beyond invisible walls. They're just difficult to line up if you mess up or trying to group things together.
  • Nerdrage9000
    Nerdrage9000
    ✭✭✭
    You can but if you don’t place the furniture juuuuuuuust right - then they’ll need to call in search and rescue to get you out.

Airlift your pet and all
  • VvwvenomwvV
    VvwvenomwvV
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is it against the TOS for your character to be outside the normal boundaries ( outside the map ) in player housing?
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You mean like a falling through the world type of thing? If it's repeatable I'd assume it should be reported but against TOS? Idk. Guess it depends on the situation and how someone higher up feels that day to decide whether it's a bug or an exploit. It's certainly not "intended", so I'd steer clear of it. @ZOS_Kevin can you clarify for OP?
  • Northwold
    Northwold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it against the TOS for your character to be outside the normal boundaries ( outside the map ) in player housing?

I can't see how it would be. The game gives no indication of what the boundaries are other than invisible walls and it's well known that that when far parts of housing have been changed to be inaccessible it has attracted complaints. If the area is accessible (including by the use of structural furnishings -- that is, after all, what they're for), it's hard to see what the violation would be.

If you're talking about placing objects beyond where the player character can physically go, just be aware that in the past when people have done this on occasion slight tweaks by ZOS have then hidden what they placed. I don't recall complaints about this recently, though. I think it happened with some rocks being added to Earthtear Cavern.
    Edited by Northwold on May 17, 2023 11:52AM
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do you mean when pulling up the in game map of your house that your character is shown as being off the edge of that map?

I don't think that's against TOS, if it is I have whole buildings breaking the rules. There are often huge areas you can utilise before hitting the invisible walls! 🏗
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • Tenthirty2
    Tenthirty2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate to ask but, do you have a video that shows what you are talking about?

Like others have asked; is it just that your map shows you outside of the player home map boundaries?
    Or that you found somewhere that you can glitch behind the scenery into "The Voidlands" but still build.

I've never heard of anyone getting in trouble for building out of map bounds.
    Behind the scenery, idk. I spose it could technically be frowned upon if you are purposely doing it.
    But I hiiiighly doubt they are going to come after you, esp when it's inside your own instanced player home space.

Best thing to do would be to read the ToS yourself to be certain, or wait to see if ZOS_Kevin replies with some clarification.
    • "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs - horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
    • "When my time comes, I will smile. And that will be all." -Sir Nathain Galien
    • IGN: TenThirty2 (PC/PS: NA, PC/PS: EU)
  • VvwvenomwvV
    VvwvenomwvV
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are all kinds of videos on YouTube of people that have done this over the years. I tried to research if it was against the TOS, but all I could find was a conflicting post from a few years ago. The post was removed due to age when I asked for clarification on it. I was told that I may start a new post on it.
  • ZOS_Volpe
    ZOS_Volpe
    admin
    Hello!

We've gone ahead and moved this thread to a category we think is more suitable for this topic, Housing.

Thanks for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried actually reading the TOS? I mean you clicked agree on it after all?
    At least 3 of each class. PVPing Since IC.
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If it is basically my entire housing guild is getting banned LOL. Whole sections of some of these houses are in no man's land.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your house is entirely “outside the map” already, and getting back to the rest of the game requires you to exit through the door, or else port to somewhere you are already allowed to go.

If you get disconnected from the game while you are in your house, but outside its map, you may have no valid way to re-load that character, but that hurts only you, so it is not likely to be a TOS violation. Just don’t expect sympathy if you lose a character that way.
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    Your house is entirely “outside the map” already, and getting back to the rest of the game requires you to exit through the door, or else port to somewhere you are already allowed to go.

If you get disconnected from the game while you are in your house, but outside its map, you may have no valid way to re-load that character, but that hurts only you, so it is not likely to be a TOS violation. Just don’t expect sympathy if you lose a character that way.

Hold on... that can happen?
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • Northwold
    Northwold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are all kinds of videos on YouTube of people that have done this over the years. I tried to research if it was against the TOS, but all I could find was a conflicting post from a few years ago. The post was removed due to age when I asked for clarification on it. I was told that I may start a new post on it.

Done *what*? You're being very vague about what you're describing, despite players trying to clarify, so it's quite hard for anyone to give you a useful answer. At a bare minimum, it's not clear what you mean by "outside the map". The in-game map we look at to know where we're going? Or outside the game's *terrain*?
    Edited by Northwold on May 17, 2023 9:36PM
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Northwold wrote: »

Done *what*? You're being very vague about what you're describing, despite players trying to clarify, so it's quite hard for anyone to give you a useful answer. At a bare minimum, it's not clear what you mean by "outside the map". The in-game map we look at to know where we're going? Or outside the game's *terrain*?

There are certain houses where you can clip through the map and fall into no man's land, and I think that is what OP is talking about.

As far as I know, any furnishings placed there still count against your limit, so idk why it would matter.
  • YetAnotherLinuxUser
    YetAnotherLinuxUser
    ✭✭✭✭
    Northwold wrote: »

There are certain houses where you can clip through the map and fall into no man's land, and I think that is what OP is talking about.

As far as I know, any furnishings placed there still count against your limit, so idk why it would matter.

It would be useful to know which houses so as to avoid them?? You know like when you give your ex a stay away order from the court's, you have to specify where they may not go.... yeah that's the ticket!