The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Once again, you ignored all our class feedback

acastanza_ESO
acastanza_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
This is really ridiculous. We gave numerous threads with specific complaints with regard to Sorcerer, Templar, Necromancer, and these latest changes to Arcanist. And this is the patch notes we get? Literally nothing?
What on nirn is going on with the combat team? They seem dead set on driving anyone who doesn't play DK away from the game.
Edited by ZOS_Lunar on May 18, 2023 5:23PM
  • grzes848909
    grzes848909
    ✭✭✭
    why you act surprised ?
  • Jessythesavage
    True and also made the new penetration mythic 100% useless so annoying seeing actually good things that people want to try but can't cause they always nerf everything it's probably a meme a this point
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    why you act surprised ?

I'm not. But I am angry.
  • bachpain
    bachpain
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is no reason to buy necrcom except to explore the area as a role player or to try some new experience as an archanist that is not as strong as other classes. You can farm new gear that will only work for the new class, though like the new class will leave you less powerful and effective than you were before.

There is no progression at all with this new chapter for anyone even the new class. Only money into the crown store for mount, storage, and skip upgrades. Hard pass.
  • grzes848909
    grzes848909
    ✭✭✭
    bachpain wrote: »
    There is no reason to buy necrcom except to explore the area as a role player or to try some new experience as an archanist that is not as strong as other classes. You can farm new gear that will only work for the new class, though like the new class will leave you less powerful and effective than you were before.

There is no progression at all with this new chapter for anyone even the new class. Only money into the crown store for mount, storage, and skip upgrades. Hard pass.

Didn't they made arcanists beam more powerful than soul assault and radiant glory combined last week ? On top of having biggest shield ingame when cast ?
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't they made arcanists beam more powerful than soul assault and radiant glory combined last week ? On top of having biggest shield ingame when cast ?

With that hit detection it has it might as well as not exist at all
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is really ridiculous. We gave numerous threads with specific complaints with regard to Sorcerer, Templar, Necromancer, and these latest changes to Arcanist. And this is the patch notes we get? Literally nothing?
    What on nirn is going on with the combat team? They seem dead set on driving anyone who doesn't play DK away from the game.

warden exists as well but alright
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Xandreia_
    Xandreia_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, these last notes made the decision not to buy the chapter easy for me. Was really (naively) hoping this last patch note would be full of good changes but as per usual, we are left disappointed.
  • Zastrix
    Zastrix
    ✭✭✭✭
    There was also a thread for stamblades, and a thread for nefing DKs. I know I'm also irritated by the dev team as 'they'll try to get better' meanwhile we get the same responses as we did on update 35. I'm glad I won't be buying this ripoff of a upgrade which costs the same as a AAA game.
    110-114k Stage 4 Vamprie Magblade u39
    Aldmeri Dominion did nothing wrong in Shadowfen.
  • kalunte
    kalunte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you should all role a nightblade during 9.x.y mates, then you'll feel better =)
  • TheDarkRuler
    TheDarkRuler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    9.0.4 is just a disappointment tbh, nothing of importance was adressed.
  • TheForFeeF
    TheForFeeF
    ✭✭✭

You are aware that all major class changes & balances will come in the next update right? They have specifically stated that they will be doing it only once a year now.

Just because they weren't in this set of Patch Notes, doesn't mean it is being ignored. They probably are collating all feedback for Update 39.
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We got one week of significant changes, we needed more. We usually get 2 bigger patch weeks but this cycle of testing was kind of worthless... sorry to say.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I'm still super excited for Necrom. Not just for Arcanist, but mainly for new companions and Telvanni Efficiency crafted set.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    TheForFeeF wrote: »

You are aware that all major class changes & balances will come in the next update right? They have specifically stated that they will be doing it only once a year now.

Just because they weren't in this set of Patch Notes, doesn't mean it is being ignored. They probably are collating all feedback for Update 39.

TBH, I would expect a AAA developer to be able to do multiple things at the same time. It does certainly appear as though the game's staff has been reduced and that balance is being done by like 1-2 people rather than by a proper "team."

Given that the cost of the sub has not decreased and the Crown Store only keeps getting more expensive, we should perhaps be asking where exactly our dollars are going (though I think that we have a fairly clear idea as to this as well...).

We don't need or want enormous U35-style changes from ANY patch but each patch should include some robust changes to iron-out issues with the current meta - and anyone that plays PvP regularly knows exactly what those problems are. Having only one substantive PvP balance patch per year is a recipe for stagnation and player attrition.
  • Aka_
    Aka_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, I also assumed (I know, silly me) that we would get more of a response from ZoS on the pages and several, many threads regarding Arcanists, or set changes, or mythic changes, or PvP changes, or anything. The mythic changes are abysmal and far too destructive to their intended purposes, the Arcanist still doesn't feel good enough to release yet, you haven't addressed why you don't bother making "While battle spirit is active" changes to certain sets such as Plaguebreak or Esoteric Greaves, and overall it just feels kind of like the combat team doesn't want to bother. What's the point of making unique items or content if it's all stuffed into neat, boring metas that aren't changing in PvP or PvE?

Communication is terrible with this company. Sweeping changes in major categories and practically nothing. Get someone who is a part of that team to talk to us. We are adults. Have conversations with your customers. Because right now, you have turned a great-looking chapter into absolute mediocrity. You have also made it unclear why things happen such as detection pots being increased drastically. What was that about? We still don't know why crown crates aren't giftable. Will that even be fixed before the next set of crates come out? Does the Telvanni Peninsula feel less empty based on feedback? No? Whatever. Will bugs whose lifespan has nearly matched the game's EVER be fixed? No? It's frustrating. If there was a harsher word to describe something beyond that, I would use it. At least DKs still get to reign supreme in PvP. Wouldn't want them to be rebalanced, or for other classes to have genuine identity again that can also be viable in combat.
  • Aka_
    Aka_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheForFeeF wrote: »

I'm glad you seem to have more access to what they're thinking than we do.Because they really have done so well in talking to us about their plans
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Riot games tweaks champions in league of legends all the time when things over and underperform. They do small tweaks and they don't let things go a long time without fixing busted stuff.
    They also communicate all the time.
    Wish zos would take a page out of their book.
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To be fair, since when do we ge major change on last pts patch? I personally expected one more patch since well the pc release is in 3 weeks but as soon as i read the part about it being the last i pretty much new not to to expect much
  • chongguang
    chongguang
    ✭✭✭
    kalunte wrote: »
    you should all role a nightblade during 9.x.y mates, then you'll feel better =)

Why Nightblades? I dont see any buffs for them in next patch? Please tell if I really missed somthing
  • Dovahkiin02191973
    Dovahkiin02191973
    ✭✭✭
    Ignoring feedback over and over again for years is unacceptable customer service. If you think about it the PTS isn't free. It comes with your paid version of the game. The way I look at it is half of the game's monetary value is the live and half is the PTS. That's right ZOS. We PTS players are paying you to test your game and you are delivering zero customer service in the form of no communication etc. This is going to cost you big time when it hits live on June 5th. The only reason I invested in this game is that I have been a fan of the series since Arena and Daggerfall which were DOS games from the early 90's. This kind of service only leads to one conclusion which is company going out of business and that is exactly what is going to happen if things don't get turned around on the corporate level of the company.
    Edited by Dovahkiin02191973 on May 16, 2023 12:41AM
  • VaxtinTheWolf
    VaxtinTheWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I stopped participating in this game's PTS years ago. It really is just an early playtest for bug reports and outlier issues, not really something for player concerns. Those suggestions might come in a watered down or experimental Dev idea update in the next years cycle.
    || AD - Rah'Jiin Lv50 Khajiit Nightblade (Damage) || EP - Generic Argonian Lv50 Argonian Nightblade (Tank) || DC - Zinkotsu Lv50 Breton Nightblade (Healer) ||
    || DC - Ja'Kiro Feral-Heart Lv50 Khajiit Dragonknight (Damage) || EP - VaxtinTheWolf Lv50 Redguard Templar (Tank) || AD - Velik Iranis Lv50 Dark Elf Sorcerer (Tank ) ||
    || EP - Einvarg The Frozen Lv50 Nord Warden (Tank/Healer) || EP - Keem-Ja Lv4 Argonian Necromancer (Healer/Tank) ||
    PC - North American Server (Champion 1300+)
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless you give them "data", they won't listen to us peasants. Sadly we players do not have access to data, so that means our feedback is essentially worthless unless it just so happens to agree with what the Devs are already thinking. Parsing is all we got. It's possibly also the only thing the devs look at too considering all the nerfs we are getting to sets that are only OP in parses and never anywhere else.
    Has anyone ever complained about Elfbane being active out of combat, allowing you to benefit from the set you are wearing on your first spell? Clearly it was too broken to be active out of combat since 0.001% of the playerbase was using the set to get 5 seconds of extra destro ultimate at the start of a parse and then using addons to switch sets during the 2second ramp-up of the ultimate...
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Talk to them like a spreadsheet would talk (if it could talk).
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • mmtaniac
    mmtaniac
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nerf templar. Just to be sure he's easier to farm by DK.
  • Dovahkiin02191973
    Dovahkiin02191973
    ✭✭✭
    I stopped participating in this game's PTS years ago. It really is just an early playtest for bug reports and outlier issues, not really something for player concerns. Those suggestions might come in a watered down or experimental Dev idea update in the next years cycle.

I am joining you in that respect. I removed the PTS from my hard drive earlier today. No more wasting time on testing and making suggestions on subjects that are just going to be blown off by the Devs knowing exactly how the live release is going to be with or without our help. I only have a 1 TB hard drive anyways and freeing up about 100 GBs of space is well worth it.
    Edited by Dovahkiin02191973 on May 16, 2023 3:16PM
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am just completely blown away honestly. I thought that there was 6 weeks now? So because things got pushed back weeks 4 and 5 would be the bigger patches and week 6 would be what we got here which is testing launch day and access restrictions basically. I must be having a dumb moment and missed something. I am sure I’ll be called out on it.

Why did we only get one big patch notes that only addressed like 20% of the feedback? That makes pushing all the changes to week 4 look so bad imo.
  • Jammy420
    Jammy420
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Same, I tried for the longest, but what is the point of spending all that time and having all your feedback being ignored over and over.
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just find it interesting that loads of people do testing and bug reports, along with combat balance reports, for free. Then, these reports go mostly unaddressed, people get mad, then do it all again next pts.

Why bother? You ain't getting paid for it and, quite often, the feedback isn't acknowledged. If it were me, I'd use pts to play around with new stuff, then go back to live servers and carry on as normal. I play this game for fun, not to do work.
    I'll leave the bug-hunting and combat balancing to ZOS and I think everyone else should do the same, if only to see how hilariously wack things start to get without player input.

Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • ZOS_Lunar
    ZOS_Lunar
    admin
    Hello!

As this thread has run its course and is no longer constructive, we are now going to close it. We always encourage sharing opinions, but we ask that they are respectfully stated when doing so.

Thank you for your understanding, and please keep the Community Rules in mind when posting on the forums.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.