Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PvP Alliances Culture

Serpari
Serpari
✭✭✭
Hello, I'm new to PvP, decided to join for Whitestrake's. I'm actually having quite a bit of fun, so I'd like to PvP regularly from now on. However, I can't find threads on alliance culture that are more than a year old. I also don't think my current alliance is a good fit for me. So I'd like to know, in your opinion, what's your alliance like? What do they do well, what could they improve on? Are there active groups (guild and/or Discord servers) running content? What kind of player would you recommend your alliance to?
Edited by Serpari on May 15, 2023 2:43AM

The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It does not matter what alliance you play in if you find a group you enjoy playing with. What they do well will depend on the group starting with the leader but also on the group members using the skills they are asked to use and following the leader's instructions.

• Turtle_Bot
    Turtle_Bot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Congrats on taking the plunge into PvP, glad to hear you are enjoying it, it can be a lot of fun. It definitely is entirely different to the PvE content in this game.

To answer your question, there's no real "best fit" alliance tbh as they are all pretty much the same. All of them have good and bad points and players that are fun and frustrating to play with.

The best thing to do is try and play with friends or guildmates if possible since they will likely already be people that you will naturally have more fun with than trying to run with randoms all the time.

Take advantage of the current event to join all 3 different alliances on a campaign like blackreach (for CP) or ravenwatch (no cp/procs) since those campaigns are not alliance locked, allowing you to see all 3 of them. The event is good for this as there are significantly more players in PvP currently than there normally is.
    Join as many different groups as possible (don't always accept the lfm invite from the same person unless you enjoy playing with them) and if you do find a group you enjoy playing with, ask if they have an active guild or not that you could join.

Most guilds will stay on 1 alliance, but some will switch between the 3 alliances depending on what they want to do, or will switch alliances when running on different campaigns, so it might pay to have 1 character in each alliance just to make sure you can play with your friends in any situation.
  • Vetixio
    Vetixio
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’d recommend joining a guild on your alliance or maybe looking up or asking around about guilds on other alliances and how they play if you want to change alliance. I am DC but I know EP and AD have different guilds for different types of play styles I’m sure you’ll find one out there that you like! I’ve got friends on all 3 alliances and there are great players on all alliances just find who you mesh with the best.
    Edited by Vetixio on May 15, 2023 12:53PM
    Pìerre - Breton Vampire Templar, Grand Overlord. Erádàn - Bosmer Templar, Warlord. Vyríc - Imperial Vampire Necromancer, Centurion. Sybìl - Breton Sorcerer, Centurion. Erìch - Nord Vampire Nightblade, Corporal. Njàll - Nord Templar, Lieutenant. Elánnà - Bosmer Warden, Veteran. Laquì - Redguard Vampire Nightblade, Corporal. Noveni Dres - Dunmer Sorcerer, Lieutenant. Marìnus - Imperial Warden, Veteran. Arvyn Indoril - Dunmer Templar, Sergeant. Rósalyn - Breton Sorcerer, Corporal. Emelîn - Bosmer Dragonknight, Corporal. Astaroth Indoril - Dunmer Sorcerer.
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Serpari wrote: »
    Hello, I'm new to PvP, decided to join for Whitestrake's. I'm actually having quite a bit of fun, so I'd like to PvP regularly from now on. However, I can't find threads on alliance culture that are more than a year old. I also don't think my current alliance is a good fit for me. So I'd like to know, in your opinion, what's your alliance like? What do they do well, what could they improve on? Are there active groups (guild and/or Discord servers) running content? What kind of player would you recommend your alliance to?

I've been a main of all 3 factions at some point, ultimately every faction is the exact same just painted a different color. They behave the same way if given the opportunity, so it's not worth putting that much thought into which faction is the best fit.

If you're looking for a place to stay at, it should be whichever faction has your friends or guilds in it. Unless you plan to play solo, you should be playing on a faction with people you have commonality with so your game will be enjoyable.
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • pedrogonzalez
    pedrogonzalez
    ✭✭
    I will hit you with classics here.
    AD (yellows): full of sneaky kitty archers and heavyattacker Pokémon masters. I will not play for that for sure.
    EP (reds) full of nord dovakhins, mostly spiky turtles and tampliers. It’s just no go if you are not also one of fusrodahs.
    DC (blue): keep away from campaigns where they are in big numbers, because they behave if outnumbering someone like special Olympics champs.

So play DC where they underpopulated. That’s the way.